TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Personally, I'd like to see an Intamin or Mack terrain-hugging multi-launch coaster with inversions. So far as I'm aware, there are no Macks in OH. That area in the park could definitely be exploited (in a great way) for one of those, add some landscaping and shazam!

Personally, I'd like to see an Intamin or Mack terrain-hugging multi-launch coaster with inversions. So far as I'm aware, there are no Macks in OH. That area in the park could definitely be exploited (in a great way) for one of those, add some landscaping and shazam!

SHAZAM! Oh yes you did! We need to resurrect this expletive!

Guy "Also trying to resurrect SOLID!" Koepp

Guys I have reason to believe It is Intamin. Look here, Intamin has a round tapered support and B&M is square tapered.

Credit to beautyandthebeast on Kicentral for the picture. See round taper on support. Also difference in amount of bolts

credit to Rcdb for the pic and Carl D Ragan . See square taper on support.

^ On Oziris, which is the latest B&M invert, they look round.

But look at the amount of bolts. They go around and have 8. The kings island one has 6

Different support sizes...this one on the left looks remarkably like the footer from KI no?

339821820_Parc20AstC3A9rix20Inverted20Coaster20B26M202012202838829.jpeg.a08200c02d84055396e29259ce2e9268.jpeg

Yeah, with that last picture of Oz Irsis and based on the footers, I can 100% say that this will be a B&M. Now the question is, what kind??

We have a few options:

Wing Rider: Based on Cedar Fair trends, this could be likely, but CP did JUST get one, and I think I remeber the CF CEO saying that no CF parks would be getting one for 2013.

Giga: At first I would assume not due to Diamondback, but considering Canada's Wonderland going against this assumption I think it's likely as well.

Invert: There's nothing too flashy or game-changing about an Invert, and the last one to be newly built in the US was in 2006, 8 years before this would open. So I'd say no. But KI is definitely missing an actual Invert from their lineup!

Dive Machine: I doubt it, as only 2 have been built in the US, and based on the current footers, it isn't leaning that way.

Something Else?: Who knows maybe!

^LOL! Some of us are still holding on to that mythical shred of hope!

I think consulting a Magic 8 Ball would give us an equally accurate prediction of who is building this new attraction.