TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Just got back from KI this morning. I noticed they had moved the Banshee fence closer twards where the water tower once stood and had placed footers where the old fence was located. There are 5 or six scarecrows around some of the footers and Don Helbig and Kristen (PR) were not far away taking pictures and watching people peek through the fence. I watched them for 20 minutes and got bored and left, could not figure out what they were doing. They kept watching a lady sitting by herself along the fence, at one point the lady "waved them off" and they left. It was weird.

So now there are two triangular footers, and new footers seem to be expanding further out, Interesting!

And a third triangular footer is about ready to be poured. It is behind the right tower of the 'bungie' ride.

God I cannot wait for a announcement on this ride! Do we have any idea when that might actually be?

"Grab a Snicker's bar, it's going to be a while" was recently posted by the park on Facebook.

God I cannot wait for a announcement on this ride! Do we have any idea when that might actually be?

"Grab a Snicker's bar, it's going to be a while" was recently posted by the park on Facebook.

I'm too antsy! I wanna know now! LOL!

I think they're building the world's tallest, fastest Waffle House.

That would make me so happy.

However, I hope it would be accompanied with the world's tallest and fastest restroom

If they're gonna go this route, they may as well make the tallest and fastest White Castle too.

I would be there for opening day for the world's tallest and fastest Waffle House. Although, I wonder what they are considering the fastest. The food being served, or the time until you have to run to the bathroom.

Edited by jray21

So, there was a guy arrested at KI on July 3 for "disturbing behavior around children." Turns out he had sunglasses that a video camera in them and he was taping little kids. But, check out this revelation:

MASON —

A 37-year-old Texas trucker accused of trying to snatch a child at Kings Island had three guns and 4,000 rounds of ammunition in his truck, officials said at his court appearance Thursday.

Rodney L. Grisham waived his right to a preliminary hearing in Mason Municipal Court and the case was sent to a Warren County grand jury, WCPO-TV reported.

The truck driver from Dallas, charged with felony drug possession, remains in the county jail on $200,000 bond.

Mason police arrested Grisham at the park July 3 after someone reported him acting suspiciously in the area of the Diamondback roller coaster.

Police said he was using a hidden camera in his sunglasses to videotape children.

Police originally said they found a loaded firearm in his semitrailer as well as children’s videos and toys, a police-style baton, Taser and non-licensed prescription medication.

Grisham admitted to violating a parole agreement that prevents him from having a firearm.

Link

Speaking of the Beast, i have a question for anyone. We all know the Beast's first lift hill is super slow. We also know that the second lift hill has always run faster than the first. First question: Does anyone know why this is? Is it for pacing and suspense?

Last night I went and ride the Beast numerous times at night. 8 out of 10 times the first lift hill was running as fast as the second one! I first thought that they had changed out the lift motor but i then took another ride and it was slow again. It did the opposite of what it normally does. It was fast and then went slow at the top when normally it's slow as molasses until the top where it speeds up.

I am super curious about this. I doubt they can adjust the speed in the operator booth considering kids are running this giant machine.

And the Beast is seriously one of the smoothest woodies out there. All the new wood and track refurbishment over the last few years has made it like new again! Grab a non wheel seat and it's like B&M built it. Still in the top 10 after all these years in my opinion.

I've only ridden the beast one time so I could be 100% wrong about this, but here's my guess: On certain rides that run more than 1 train, if the next block is occupied, the lift will slow down to let the train ahead clear the block, that way the train on the lift won't stop when it gets to the top. Example: Millennium Force starts out somewhat slow because the train in front of it isn't quite in the station yet, then halfway up the lift, it speeds up once the other train is completely clear of the brake run. Sometimes, if the train is dispatched too early, it almost comes to a complete stop at the top of the lift.

The two lifts act as block sections. Usually there is a train on each lift at the same time, if the lift that you are on is running very slowly its probably because the computer is putting space between you and the train ahead of you. Its the same on Flight Deck when you reach the top of the lift the lift slows for a second then speeds back up, its just waiting for the next block section to clear. I hope this helps.