TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Can anyone envision a layout? I'm not seeing it yet, but I could hypothesize a few. Not my photo. From KICentral. (SonofBaconator)

Ask and ye shall receive. B&M Inverted Coaster Layout.

KI.thumb.png.a83f31e2a0e2703074b1233ef1a6a42e.png

Banshee Layout

Just was browsing Nolimits-design and came across this, apparently they were told it was going to be a B&M Invert, the tallest in the world, and then this graphic was posted

Green box is the storage building (3 across).

Red box is the transfer track.

Blue is the brake run.

Purple is the station.

You can also see the two large footers next to the cement truck for what I believe will be footings for the base of the lift.

If you look at Diamondback construction, it has a long rectangular "box" under the station area.

I think the purple area will be a block before the station, then you turn left into the station from the block.

I would NOT mind seeing a bit Katun like coaster, big invert. That is if KI is looking to build the 'tallest or biggest'

If this is a big invert, it would have to be pretty big seeing Wicked Twister is the tallest, right? But of course Alpengeist is the tallest, and has the longest drop in a full circuit.

Height is Wicked at 215ft followed by 205 - Alpengeist.

Drop length:

1st 206 ft Wicked Twister Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio, USA 5/5/2002

2nd 177 ft Aftershock Silverwood Theme Park Athol, Idaho, USA 7/21/2008

Giant Inverted Boomerang Jin Jiang Action Park Xuhui, Shanghai, China 9/30/2011

Goliath Six Flags New England Agawam, Massachusetts, USA 5/25/2012

Stunt Fall Parque Warner Madrid San Martín de la Vega, Madrid, Spain 8/8/2002 * 177 ft

unknown Sochi Park Adventureland Sochi, Krasnodar Krai, Russia 2013

Sky Mountain Mirabilandia Olinda, Pernambuco, Brazil 2009 3rd 175 ft

Steel Venom Valleyfair! Shakopee, Minnesota, USA 5/17/2003 4th 170 ft

Alpengeist Busch Gardens Williamsburg Williamsburg, Virginia, USA 3/22/1997

Very ambitious project! I wish you luck, the paint looks great! (I also have a train table in my basement covered in themed park models)

Getting the carriage to spin will be easy, getting the carriage to raise and lower will prove difficult! Be sure to start a thread in the model forum, there are a lot of smart tinkerers there that can give you great advice when you run into trouble. Can't wait to see more!

Very ambitious project! I wish you luck, the paint looks great! (I also have a train table in my basement covered in themed park models)

Getting the carriage to spin will be easy, getting the carriage to raise and lower will prove difficult! Be sure to start a thread in the model forum, there are a lot of smart tinkerers there that can give you great advice when you run into trouble. Can't wait to see more!

Actually, the opposite.

I think getting it up (giggles) will be easy, and getting it to spin will be the hard part.

My thread for my HO amusement park http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65609

Just got back from the park. Lots of progress on the "Banshee". Footers everywhere, cement trucks going to a fro and teams of workers pouring concrete and manning shovles. I have not been at the park in 5 days and they have done a lot of work in that time. No pics from me though because i don't like taking my phone in with me. It really looks like they are moving the launcher pay ride, new footers are poured for it so perhaps the coaster will go through its current location?

Does anyone know how much property Kings Island has, meaning undeveloped land/future expansion? I'm just curious, and pictures would be helpful if possible.

I was curious as well so I looked it up. A few sites has the park listed around 364 acres. Looks like plenty of land for many years.

902328579_KIland.png.5fa6f26de3958478051b099c3794097b.png

Kings Island land