TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I think before you have an attitude toward another member, you should consider that they could be correct.

Photos of the green supports showing up in Heide Park

Not really.

The track got delivered today, nothing was known about the track yesterday, when he made the post, everything was pure speculation.

He turned out to be right, but he still passed out unconfirmed information, as if it were confirmed.

B&M are my favorite coaster designers so thats who I'm hoping is designing this project. But I dont want a giga, or a dive. I want to see a huge, custom B&M invert running through those hills! I've felt like a B&M invert is something KI has been missing for a really long time and this is the perfect location for it! Just my opinion though.

I've felt like a B&M invert is something KI has been missing for a really long time

I think after seeing Gatekeeper and what CP did with the front entrance, a B&M Invert in place of Invertigo, going across the front entrance would be pretty cool. Inverts IMO are better if they are much more compact with tighter quick transitions than large sized inversions. Alpengist IMO just doesn't have the same intensity as some of the smaller compact Inverts.

But what ever KI gets I just hope its a capacity monster and they begin to take out some of the low capacity rides like Invertigo and a couple others and replace them with real world class rides.

Visited Kings Island yesterday for the first time in over 15 years. Using our CF platinum passes, had only a few hours to spare on the way back from holiday world. But a few coaster rides is better than zero in my book, and still managed to have a good time.

Diamondback rocks! is about all I can say from our visit. This is my fiancee's new #1 and it moves into my top 5 of the limited selection I've ridden. All those hills with floater air are great, and I also like how simple, yet comfortable, the restraint system is. This has me looking forward to riding other B&M hypers like intimidator and leviathan someday.

The park seemed awfully crowded for an early june wednesday. Everything other than racer was 45+ min waits, even the beast. But again, I haven't visited in a long time so maybe it's always like this. Really need to devote a whole day or more to the park someday soon. Maybe even get fast lane.

^I was also there yesterday evening. I didn't notice any long lines though...maybe we just managed to hit rides at the right time. Got there at 5 and got in...

3x Diamondback

2x Beast

1x Racer

1x Firehawk

1x Backlot Stunt Coaster

1x Flight Deck

1x Adventure Express

1x Vortex

The park looked great and operations were pretty awesome. Dimaondback was having a 'power hour' the one time I was in line and they were FLYING. Never have I seen people cycle through the ride so quickly. The train would be going down the first drop as the one in front of it was just hitting the splashdown/brakes. They were averaging a cycle/minute. It was pretty insane. The hustle was awesome and made the wait super short. They said they broke a record for cycles/hour so that should say something (don't know if that's for this season or what though. Regardless, quite fast operations). I've never done just an evening at Kings Island and really enjoyed it. 5 hours was a great amount of time to get in a decent amount of rides. I'll for sure be doing this after work again sometime this summer.

Dback is the most efficient roller coaster I've ever experienced. I'd imagine Behemoth and Intimidator are capable of the same exact efficiency as well. I'm not sure about Leviathan just because when I watched the POV, it seemed to take an incredibly long time for the train to make it from the station to the top of the lift.

I think before you have an attitude toward another member, you should consider that they could be correct.

Photos of the green supports showing up in Heide Park

Not really.

The track got delivered today, nothing was known about the track yesterday, when he made the post, everything was pure speculation.

He turned out to be right, but he still passed out unconfirmed information, as if it were confirmed.

No need to get all snippy. I had correct information.

^^The park is more crowded this year on these dates than the last 2 years. I have talked to several ride ops, first aid station, and security guards about the crazy big crowds. I asked if it was just me but all of them said that the crowd has been a surprise and the talk amongst the workers. Over this last week I have been there between 930 and 10 and shocked at the parking lot and amazed to see lines that are twice as long as early June weekdays last year. Maybe it is the weather or maybe the economy is doing better. I have no stats to back this statement up but I was there the last 2 years at this time and most rides were walk on. The crowds did die down a lot after 5.

I do think KI has some of the best dispatch times on trains. I have been to about 5 or 6 different parks in the last month or two and realized KI is faster than most other places.

I should add that the operations on diamondback were very efficient, and the line kept moving. I wasn't keeping track but I think the wait was a little less than 45 mins, maybe even as low as 30. Which is pretty good for as many people that were queueing.

We would have competitions with Behemoth to see who could have a better capacity per hour - hence the POWER HOUR! Although Behemoth needs a handicap because they have a turn out of the station to the lift hill we always won I can't remember what our record was, but we always kept the line moving at a crazy pace. I think it was about 1280 per hour on the high side.

We would have competitions with Behemoth to see who could have a better capacity per hour - hence the POWER HOUR! Although Behemoth needs a handicap because they have a turn out of the station to the lift hill we always won I can't remember what our record was, but we always kept the line moving at a crazy pace. I think it was about 1280 per hour on the high side.

Diamondback has a turn into the station, so i guess it's still kind of even because one takes the turn later in the ride

^Behemoth has a turn into the station as well. Plus, Behemoth is a longer ride. Also, the crew on DB always seem to do a better job at getting guests out of the station after they get off the ride. I have seen people at CW actually argue with the staff because they were being "rushed" out of the station.

As for 2014, I have my money on a B&M wingrider or giga. CF has built one of each in the past two years, and CF does sometimes mass-produce rides for their parks. Leviathan or GateKeeper could very well be the start to another string of similar coasters being built at CF parks.

I am beginning to think that the green supports are indeed for KI.

The same supports ( and section of green track) are still in Batavia, in the same spots as in the photos posted a few pages back.

The only thing new out front are 3 orange box trailers that the trains are usually shipped in.

I was there on Tues and Wed and I probably saw 3 to 4 cement trucks in the area. One drove under Adventure Express Q just after pouring cement. Also saw a couple way back near the Animal ride scrap yard but did not know if they were pouring.

Question...how is Diamondback compared to Behemoth? I only ask because of the dispatch wars that Jizzy mentioned.

When the Behemoth crew visited, they said Behemoth had stronger air in the back but Diamondback had stronger air in the front; there were mixed reviews as to who preferred which ride - some liked the terrain over the water, especially for night rides. The best is Diamondback during FearFest - the fog fills the valleys and pretty much makes them tunnels.

^Dueling suspended coasters would actually be really awesome.

I've never seen that POV of The Bat before - holy crap, those turns must have been insane! I can see why it ripped itself apart. Did it always stop on the second lift like that?