TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Screamscape sources have confirmed to us that not only is the new Kings Island 2014 coaster from B&M, but it will be a new large Wing Coaster. And yes… unless things change, we can expect to see it fly under the Banshee name.

PLEASE, LET THIS NOT BE TRUE...

Screamscape sources have confirmed to us that not only is the new Kings Island 2014 coaster from B&M, but it will be a new large Wing Coaster. And yes… unless things change, we can expect to see it fly under the Banshee name.

PLEASE, LET THIS NOT BE TRUE...

I don't get what the big deal is about wing coasters?

Sure they're not intense, but why does every ride have to pull 5G's and -1.5G's to be considered a good ride?

I mean, I love intense rides, but not every ride needs to be intense, variety is good, especially to work people up to larger coasters.

But that's just me.

umm exactly?

^as far as your intense ride spill goes. I enjoy all coasters and some of my favorites are not very intense. I was hoping with all the land KI has that they would do something just out there. Something with Intamin to be exact but to go with a wing coaster is boring to me. I rather KI give B&M another chance at a Giga. Still nothing is confirmed but screamscape is good at what they do.

umm exactly?

^as far as your intense ride spill goes. I enjoy all coasters and some of my favorites are not very intense. I was hoping with all the land KI has that they would do something just out there. Something with Intamin to be exact but to go with a wing coaster is boring to me. I rather KI give B&M another chance at a Giga. Still nothing is confirmed but screamscape is good at what they do so I am bummed.

I meant, i don't get what the big deal about not liking them is, like why are they so terrible because they don't pull 300G's+-

umm exactly?

^as far as your intense ride spill goes. I enjoy all coasters and some of my favorites are not very intense. I was hoping with all the land KI has that they would do something just out there. Something with Intamin to be exact but to go with a wing coaster is boring to me. I rather KI give B&M another chance at a Giga. Still nothing is confirmed but screamscape is good at what they do so I am bummed.

I meant, i don't get what the big deal about not liking them is, like why are they so terrible because they don't pull 300G's+-

Oh I knew what you meant, I was just being a smart aleck by using your question out of context.

umm exactly?

Oh I knew what you meant, I was just being a smart aleck by using your question out of context.

I see

I was at Gatekeeper Media Day and saw Matt Quitmet say Cedar Fair had no plans for any new wing riders. Also, why would they put one at KI when they just built a record breaking one at Cedar Point? I'm confused now. While I've only ridden Gatekeeper, I LOVED it beside the sore collar bones from many rides due to the restraints. I'm just happy to have a new very expensive coaster at King's Island (whatever it turns out to be). If B&M is doing it, you know it's going to be good, safe investment for the park. After the Bat and SOB debacles, King's island needs this to be successful to be a bigger than regional player for years to come.

I have to agree with bonsaiisuperstar....why would Cedar Fair put in a wing Rider in a park "just down from the road" from their brand spanking new Gatekeeper. I would think it's safe to assume that a pretty decent percentage of Kings Islands guest do make the trip up to the Point at least once a year.

^Didn't stop them from putting a Windseeker in both park and I'm sure if this is a giga there will be people asking why put a giga at KI when CP already hoas one. Heck at this point no matter what KI builds it will probably be compared to something at CP anyway.

^Didn't stop them from putting a Windseeker in both park and I'm sure if this is a giga there will be people asking why put a giga at KI when CP already hoas one. Heck at this point no matter what KI builds it will probably be compared to something at CP anyway.

You are incorrect on one thing, CP does not have a giga dive

But your pretty much correct about anything else

I could see them adding a wing coaster to keep guests from traveling to Cedar Point and Dollywood; Kings Island rakes in the attendance figures.

But the problem I foresee is Mason (Kings Island's location) is flat, and frequently windy. With the light breezes shutting down Gatekeeper at Cedar Point I'd hate to see this potential new coaster closed often. That's just annoying.

If Ouimet already confirmed there's going to be no wingriders at any CF parks next year, why are we even considering the option that it's going to happen?

I really hope it's not a wing coaster. In my opinion, they aren't special enough for one to be put in KI a year after one goes in at CP 200 miles away.

Also, does anyone remember when the name "Banshee" was initially given to Mantis at CP and then changed because there was some controversy over what the meaning of a banshee is? If they do name the ride this, what's to say it won't get the same controversy and have to be changed again?

I could see them adding a wing coaster to keep guests from traveling to Cedar Point and Dollywood; Kings Island rakes in the attendance figures.

But the problem I foresee is Mason (Kings Island's location) is flat, and frequently windy. With the light breezes shutting down Gatekeeper at Cedar Point I'd hate to see this potential new coaster closed often. That's just annoying.

I think Kings Island is getting a B&M invert, since besides Valleyfair, Kings Island is the only Cedar Fair park without a complete circuit inverted coaster with inversions.

I also believe those green supports and wingrider track are for Heide Park. The concept art showed a bat/gargoyle creature and implied a flying coaster, but now it is confirmed Heide is getting a wingrider similar to Raptor at Gardaland and I would imagine equally impressive theming.

I still believe KI will not get a wing coaster in 2014 due to Matt confirming Cedar Fair has not ordered any for 2014. The hints the park dropped and the B&M type footings make me stick to my guns that this will be the world's largest diving machine. It makes sense that Heide's track, destined for Germany would come out of the plant first.The comment about KI wanting to keep people away from CP doesn't make sense to me. Cedar Fair wants you to buy a season pass and visit their other properties , it's just good business. This is also the reason I believe they will mix it up a bit with a coaster design never before done by CF.

On one hand I'd love to see this be a huge dive machine - those first drops are some of the best out there. On the other hand though, that just about guarantees it's going to be a short, choppy ride - drop, probably a loop (the world's tallest, maybe?) followed by an MCBR. Lather, rinse, and repeat and the ride's over.

^They really should take the world's tallest loop away from SFMM!

And I'm keeping my guess at a giga dive! But would B&M do that kind of ride? Seems too crazy for them, although their dive coasters are good and popular now

My favorite ride of all time is Griffon, because big drops are my favorite part of any coaster. I don't see why B&M wouldn't build a 308' Dive Machine. Griffon is 205' tall and both drops pack a punch. I'd imagine if 2014 is in the Giga category the first inversion would be massive for a smooth transition. I do agree that the standard dive machine formula of drop, immelman x2 can be repetive, but I'm hoping their next diver features a new element in place of the watersplash (that Diamondback already has) I always feel like Griffon hits that water with a lot of speed, imagine what you could do with another 1,000 feet of track at ~45 mph...

CP's locations is a blessing and a curse. The weather can be a bit more temperatmental being out in the lake than in a more inland location thus I think the winds at CP can be a bit stronger than KI thus a wing coaster at KI might not have as much of an issue in southwest Ohio.

The idea of a giga dive is interesting but I'm not so sure since we haven't seen one since Griffon was built. I absolutely loved Griffon when I rode it last year and would like to see another dive built soon however with the idea of making one a giga sized version may limit what could be done with this style of ride, especially if you're looking at adding an inversion or two.

The green supports a few pages back are indeed for Heide Park's new coaster.

That you do not have a clue about, so don't post false information.

I think before you have an attitude toward another member, you should consider that they could be correct.

Photos of the green supports showing up in Heide Park