TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

FYI if anyone didn't know Windseeker is back open! But they where only allowing 32 people on the ride to balance it out. Also it defiantly looks like they are building something new at KI. Alot of construction stuff was out! Windseeker had the same cycle as it did last year. The same duration too.

-Joshua

Windseeker is one of those rides that needs to be balanced, so under smaller crowds it often only loads half the ride. Sadly I wasnt there too re-open it this year, since I was helping out at Planet Snoopy yesterday. Still, fully retrained at Windseeker this year, so cant wait to work it and VorteX again this season...

Can't wait to hear more about the construction...Im as clueless as everyone else, but I'm betting 2014 will be HUGE

So girlfriend and I took a trip to KI Friday and due to a cold rain in Santa Claus, IN, we headed back to KI on Saturday as well. Some thoughts.

Number one, the construction signs on the fence have a weird quirk: the bottom row of words is a sticker. The "this evil phenomenon can be identified" is a sticker and can be peeled off. I'm incredibly curious to know what's under that. Didn't snap a picture, but you can see it here. Look closely at that first picture, you can clearly see the color difference in the last row of words. One was starting to peel but because I like my Platinum Pass I didn't dare peel at it more.

Number two, something weird happened on Saturday. There was a "prize wheel" that you could spin for $1 directly in front of the Diamondback test seat. Prizes on this wheel included BOGO Funnel Cakes, BOGO Lazer Maze, BOGO Skycoaster, 25% off at the Snoopy store, and the most interesting prize of all: front of the line pass for two, your choice of any one ride in the park. You could spin a maximum of three times ($3) and every spin was a winner. My girlfriend got two front line passes and one BOGO Funnel Cake, and I got one front line pass and two BOGO Lazer Maze. We used the tickets on Flight of Fear (120 min line), Beast (120 min line) and Diamondback (full queue, so, 60 min?). The employees at Diamondback had a row blocked off for the front line tickets (presumably because 99% of the people who won one went right to DB). The other coasters we simply walked through the exit and the employees took the card and got us seated in a train or two.

I've never heard of this happening before. Is this completely new? It was an incredible gesture and people were ecstatic when they won a front of the line pass. My girlfriend and I only entered the park on Saturday to play some midway games and it was nice to be able to hop on a roller coaster as well.

Anyway, good times in the park, landscape is weird without SoB (especially on Flight Deck) and Fast Lane Plus is amazing and worth every penny, even when it was mostly dead on Friday (walk on DB but still 30-60min on Flight of Fear, park got busier after school let out).

2013-05-04-17_12.png.572101ceb17138e5ad35292f97accfbe.png

Said front of line pass. Interesting!

I'm still not absolutely convinced it's a B&M. Those footers could be for the station of anything that has a transfer track and that turnaround could just as easily be post final brakes. There's just not enough info yet to call it definitively. I'll believe it's one manufacturer or other for sure when it's announced or supports or track show up.

All that said, has anyone been by the B&M plant lately? Might be good to see if they have any MC or WI designation track out that can't be otherwise accounted for.

Because it really wouldn't make sense to build another wing rider. CP is just a few hours away from Kings Island. But who knows, maybe it is a wing rider.

I mean, I agree with thinking that it would be weird, but then again, Cedar Fair is the same corporation to put Behemoth and Leviathan in the same park and populated KI and CP both with Windseekers. I just wouldn't put it past them to do something similar with a wingrider.

Number one, the construction signs on the fence have a weird quirk: the bottom row of words is a sticker. The "this evil phenomenon can be identified" is a sticker and can be peeled off. I'm incredibly curious to know what's under that. Didn't snap a picture, but you can see it here. Look closely at that first picture, you can clearly see the color difference in the last row of words. One was starting to peel but because I like my Platinum Pass I didn't dare peel at it more.

So what coaster nerd is going to be brave enough to do this...? Hmmm let the countdown begin!

I've heard the stickers were placed to cover-up a misspelling, probably phenomenon. Although occurrence is still misspelled at the top of the sign.

And regarding the front-of-line passes, they take them up the exit? That sounds like a nightmare for employees, having to save a row each time a guest comes up, versus allowing the passes through Fast Lane.

^ Oh boy, I have a funny feeling that someone would try to peel that sticker off only to be blackballed by Kings Island. I think there are words underneath that sticker that reads: "Congradulations, you just got yourself expelled from Kings Island! Please don't let the screen door hit you on the way out!"

Since I have no plans of visiting Kings Island this season ( but I do have plans for Cedar Point) the only thing I can do is keep up-to-date with the comings and goings inside the park. The fact that Kings Island is putting somthing IN THERE should be exciting enough. Now we the riders and amusement park flyers will have to suffer the coming weeks and months until we know WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING IN THERE! I hope it'll be something that will cause me to renew my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass for new year, because I probably end up renewing that pass again in 2015 when Kings Dominion put in there own special attraction.

35 YEARS OF GOING TO kINGS dOMINION - AND COUNTING!!!

It's been a LONG time since I've been to King's Island (or any theme park - having a newborn and no money will do that...) but I just confirmed that I'm making a coaster trip with an old friend this summer, and King's Island is going to be one of the places we go! After three years of going to a grand total of one park, I think I'm now managing 10 this summer alone. Yay!

Anyway, I have always really liked King's Island but it's been about 10 years since I was last there. I'll be hitting the park in late August - probably Saturday the 17th - and I'm curious if anyone has any idea what crowds will look like. Also, how exactly does Fast Lane work at this park (is it really just an exit pass?) and is it worth pre-reserving them? I am not someone that feels the need to ride things constantly when I'm at a park - I can enjoy just walking around - but I also hate standing in long lines, and the rides I'm the most interested in making sure I hit I know will have lines...

Any early input would be much appreciated!

I would expect the park to be quite busy on a Saturday in mid-August but still not nearly as busy as it is during the Haunt. That being said, operations are generally quite good, so with a little bit of planning, you would be able to do the park in one day without Fast Lane. If you want your day to be stress free, I would highly recommend getting it. No, it is not just an exit pass; for most of the rides, the Fast Lane spits you out in the station, free to choose your seat, with a 2-3 train wait. (On really busy days, Diamondback and Firehawk may have a short wait in the Fast Lane.) As for pre-ordering, I really have no idea if they actually sell out or not. Keep in mind that Firehawk and Beast are no longer included on the basic Fast Lane. If you hit Firehawk within an hour of opening, the line will be under 30 minutes, but a night ride on Beast will cost you a good hour of your time. I hope that helps...

Cool, good to know. Might be a day-of decision. I'm pretty sure my friend that I'm going with missed the trip we did to King's Island, so that may be a factor too... Are they cheaper online then at the park?

They are the same price online as at the park, the bonus to waiting is that you might be able to find a couple other people at the park that want Fast Lane and that way you could get the price down versus just buying 2 online.

^ Actually they are currently listed at $17 cheaper online than at the park ($37.99 online vs. $54.99 at the gate). It says limited time only, but from my experience there is always some sort of discount offered online, so I would say that buying online is your best bet.

Oh I apologize, just reread through the previous comments and I see what you're saying, I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry . But anyways now to sum things up, tickets are cheaper online, Fast Lane is the same price no matter where it is purchased. So you could even go to the park and see how the crowds are before deciding whether to buy Fast Lane or not, but you do run the risk of them selling out.

In the past, I HAVE seen Fastlane sell out pretty early on Saturdays, so if you want one, it may be a good idea to reserve just incase. As far as basic vs Plus, only go for plus if you want to ride Firehawk, or cheat a Beast night ride with no wait. Firehawk and Flight of Fear usually have the longest lines in the park, since X-Base is a small all-coaster section of the park. The rest of the park is pretty easy to hit without Fastlane if you plan properly, but once again you DO want to come on the busiest day of the week so there will be lines for everything.

Hope that helped a bit...come see me at Vortex/Windseeker when you stop by

To KI locals, you guys are definitely getting something big next year. I happen to be cursed, that whenever I visit a distant park for the first time, they always get something breathtaking the very next year

On that note, I'll be visiting Kings Island for the first time Tuesday, June 11th and spending open-to-close there. I was just wondering, while I know purchasing Fast Lane is optimal, would it be essential for a date like that?

And of course, any other visiting tips and recommendations are always appreciated. Thanks a lot!