TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

NEW FOR 2014... LEVIATHAN 2! Our new 300' B&M giga coaster!

In all seriousness this is probably going to be something pretty big, wonderland already started construction on Leviathan when the park opened at this time, so I would expect something quite large

Question, when did KD start I305 constructution? Just wondering as I think something like that would be better than a Leviathonish ride. Just saying.

Also, anyone get the feeling that SOB isn't really "dead"? Sound like they might use it for something with the new attraction. Kinda obvious but I was just thinking.

^ Looking at the KD discussion thread 1st page. Track where delivered June 12 which gives me understanding that April/May groundwork started. So basically the same time like now.

Who minds an other inverting woodie?

^ Cedar Fair will never let KI or any other park outshine CP, just can't see that happening.

No... Dick Kinzel would have never allowed KI to outshine CP.

Cedar Fair is a company. Matt Ouimet will do whatever is best for his shareholders. If Kings Island has more long-term growth potential than Cedar Point, then that's where the money is going to go.

Lines were long! I only got to ride a few rides after work. The Racer is much smoother after the work this winter. Lots of new wood at the bases of hills. They also removed the chain fence in the queue area that separated the two trains.

Snapped a few pictures of the new construction site. It's all cleared in a small circle with the footers in the middle. The SOB station had not been torn down so it will be used it seems. I got a pretty good view from Delirium. The old SOB site and the area around Flight Deck had lots of land cleared so maybe all that hilly land will be utilized for a sweet coaster!

I believe the only reason SOB's station is still standing is so they can use it for a haunt this October. Wolf Pack has been there since 2010. I would say they will build a new station. Also, keep in mind that a station for SOB compared to other coasters could vary greatly.

Sign reads: "Due to the increasing occurance of mysterious and bone-chilling screams, it has become necessary to close this section of the park until the cause of this evil phenomenon can be identified."

The screams likely are originating from the tortured souls of SoB's victims from years gone bye. I thought that's why they closed that section of the park and removed the evil phenomenon already.

I'm still holding out for a RMC creation or a Mack/Intamin launched coaster. I think that spot would be perfect for a ride like Outlaw Run or something like Helix. I feel like a Leviathan type ride would be somewhat pointless with Diamondback (I still don't understand why Wonderland needed 2 B&M megas).

(I still don't understand why Wonderland needed 2 B&M megas)

One is a mega and one is a giga. It's like asking why CP has MF and Magnum in the same park. Yes Behemoth and Leviathan are similar, but still.

I'm sorta holding out on another B&M surprise. I'd love to see B&M push to the 400 foot mark instead of building another Leviathan. Hell, I'd take a B&M launcher or even a strata-launch coaster . Even if CP already has a strata, the park already has a giga coaster too. Two strata-coasters in one state would be amazing.

I've heard Top Gun/Flight Deck does NOT have seatbelts anymore. The less coasters with seatbelts the better, for me. Any reason they would get rid of them. Honestly, I have no idea why they would take them off the ride..there was really no reason to add them in the first place. You're not getting off the ride once you're strapped in. I'm talking specifically about Top Gun/Flight Deck here.