TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Invertigo is very intense in the front (almost TOO intense). But if you want it intense but not that intense i would try the middle. Firehawk is good in the front but IMO i like the back best. Diamondback is great in the front but the back is so intense i almost always go their. The Beast is great as some people said in the middle of the back car. But an alternative is the front seat(its not that rough even though its on a wheel) Vortex is great in 5th car 1st row it makes it a whole better ride. But another alternative is the back car.

I want to win a bag o crap so here is my random post.

So what is SOB going to have in its place? I see 3 options that could work. B & M Invert, Launch Coaster like Cheetah Hunt (better for families that KI likes to go for instead of the Maverick type of coaster) or a Giga which I find not likely.

At least I tried to put something good on my post for the bag o crap!!

I could really see a 4D coaster going in at SOB site. I mean their last big addition was in 09'. KI is one of the most popular parks and they probobly reel in tons of $$$. 4 years of nothing added is a lot of total money, Now 4D's do cost about 50 Million though. But if you think about it they wont add a Wing Coaster because CP is adding one themselves. Remember the parks are rivals so KI would want to add something crazy and unique, something CP doesnt have as they did in the past.

I could really see a 4D coaster going in at SOB site. I mean their last big addition was in 09'. KI is one of the most popular parks and they probobly reel in tons of $$$. 4 years of nothing added is a lot of total money, Now 4D's do cost about 50 Million though. But if you think about it they wont add a Wing Coaster because CP is adding one themselves. Remember the parks are rivals so KI would want to add something crazy and unique, something CP doesnt have as they did in the past.

Bit hopeful, aren't we? Also, what about Windseeker, Dinosaurs Alive and Delirium? They have plenty of rides in common.

You do realize that S&S's traditional 4D coaster is one of the most expensive coaster systems in the world right? That idea is a massive pipe dream more than anything else...

^Plus I doubt their reputation is good enough for many, if any, more of them to crop up. Even if the newer ones supposedly run better than X2.

As for a B&M giga...really?! At least if that happens, the "two similar coasters in the same park" discussions won't be quite as bad (at least among knowledgeable folks like us), since it's been done before.

I do realize that. I describe that in my post. What im saying is that they will likley add a game changer, something to beat out CP. Just think of all the extra people that would attract there. I would kill to ride X2 but i live on the east coast and probobly will never get out there to ride it. But if one is added to KI i could drive there and ride that and still enjoy an already pretty good park.

Your not getting my main point. My main argument is that they will add something that CP doesnt have! Thats it! Why add a giga, multi-launcher, large launcher, or WingRider&B&M Invert if they are just north. They will want to add something that CP doesnt have thats big and will be popular. Im aware that they are owned by the same company but there can still be a rival between them, they are both in Ohio and are bigger named parks that are sort of close to each other.

^Does it really matter if KI gets a ride that is similar to what CP already has? How often does the park advertise in the Cleveland and Northern Ohio area anyway? They don't except for maybe a few years I can count on one hand. I remember are 1979 when the Beast was new, 1999 they did a few commericals regarding their new Face/Off and Drop Zone, and billboards advertised the addition/remake of Boomerang Bay about ten years ago. The only battleground would be Columbus and Central Ohio.

I would like to see a B&M giga. Nothing wrong with a similar style coaster already at CP but designed by a different manufacturer.

Bit hopeful, aren't we? Also, what about Windseeker, Dinosaurs Alive and Delirium? They have plenty of rides in common.

I'll give you Windseeker and Dinosaurs Alive, but remember that Delirium was built under Paramount ownership (wasn't it the first Huss Giant Frisbee as well?).

Honestly, just because two coaster types are similar doesn't mean that they would be carbon copies of each other. Millennium Force vs Intimidator 305, Raging Bull vs Goliath (SFOG), Nemesis vs Pyrenees - the list of comparisons goes on and on.

I think all of you are missing what kind of park KI is at this point.(or I am) They are not really a coaster park like CP anymore. Back in the day they were trying to one up CP. For example Vortex at time of its opening had most amount of inversions. Then SOB was trying to be biggest baddest ride. Now I think the park has gone with a different tone. I feel they are trying to be more family oriented. I would love a giga but does that really fit the park now. I could be way off but I think the park could go with a launch coaster because it would be geared to more wide range of people. I know Stunt Coaster is similar but they could do a cross between Cheetah Hunt and Maverick. Maybe 3 inversion added to Cheetah Hunt to make it appeal more to the enthusiast while not being too extreme for the younger crowd. Of course I can be way off base and they could do something big and try to get back to a higher level of extreme. Looking at money they usually spend 15-20 mil in the offseason and this year they have spent around 10 to demolish SOB from newspaper accounts. Hopefully they roll the extra into next year and spend 25-30 mil on something. They do have a lot of options because I think they are missing some key type coasters that most other parks have or are getting.

cross between Cheetah Hunt and Maverick.

If that's what they do, then hopefully more Maverick and less Cheetah Hunt...KI has the Cheetah Hunt category of coasters covered quite well- Great Pumpkin Coaster, Flying ACE Aerial Chase, Woodstock Express.

What a bummer of a ride, even having known that it wasn't supposed to be anything like Maverick before taking my seat on it.

^Comparing Cheetah Hunt to Woodstock Express? Seriously? A better comparison would be Cheetah Hunt v. Powder Keg, as both are "family-style" launched coasters. I could understand comparing it to Flight of Fear, as well, but to three kiddie coasters?

Edited by cfc

If that's what they do, then hopefully more Maverick and less Cheetah Hunt...KI has the Cheetah Hunt category of coasters covered quite well- Great Pumpkin Coaster, Flying ACE Aerial Chase, Woodstock Express.

What a bummer of a ride, even having known that it wasn't supposed to be anything like Maverick before taking my seat on it.

What's funny about this, is that if they built a 100% Cheetah Hunt clone, it would instantly be in the top three coasters in the park, and arguably #1 most ridden by the general public since it is so family friendly while at the same time being completely awesome.

--Robb "A Cheetah Hunt clone would easily be my favourite coaster at Kings Island!" Alvey