TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

SOB was truly amazing visually. It was unbelievably huge. The next largest wooden coaster after it is Colossos at Heide Park, but even that doesn't seem as huge since it uses less wooden supports. SOB's supports created this enormous mass of wood.

It really is a shame it was such a terrible ride to actually ride.

Ive never gotten to ride Son of Beast, but its always fascinated me. I believe part of that comes from the history this ride developed. The other possible explanation was how beautiful the structure was. Due to all of the wood that was used it seemed much larger then it was. I remember I was seriously intimidated the first time I saw Kings Island from the parking lot and saw SOB. I understand that it wasnt a great ride, but I regret not getting to experience it for myself. I will also miss how it changed the skyline.

I find it weird that a lot of really uninteresting coasters are some of the most aesthetically pleasing. Son of Beast was probably my favorite to look at, but after that was probably Mean Streak. Ive ridden that enough times to realize its not a fun ride, but its still beautiful.

-Kafka-