TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

From Kings Island's Facebook-

Limited edition plaque with piece of track from the Son of Beast roller coaster now available for $99.99. Authentic pieces of wood structure ($49.99) and structural bolts ($24.99) from the ride are also available. To order call (513) 754-5776 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday while items last.

430457_10151433420918368_110732317_n.jpg.d00771b15adbcdaaaa588c297a76425f.jpg

In other words, boring layout while being extremely rough. No nostalgia from me at all. Sadly, I logged a little over 30 rides on the blasted thing, convinced that maybe I was approaching it wrong.

I couldn't agree more. Even if CF had found a way to "stabilize" the ride from future wear / safety issues, the combination of horrible roughness and a boring layout made the ride unsalvageable in my book...

Is it wrong to watch that footage of SoB falling down over and over and laughing gleefully every time? Because if so, I don't want to be right.

Good riddance to one of the worst coasters ever. You won't be missed.

dt

I will miss it. I did have a few bad rides on it, but those bad rides were when I rode anywhere else instead of the front. Oh well at least I got to ride it with and without loop multiple of times. Now I am just wondering what will replace the big plot of land, a new coaster or a new theme area?

New and Improved Action Zone, or a completely new area. I could see a coaster or two. Surely they can fit more than just ONE coaster back there.

P.S.

It seems Cedar Fair has found something even more profitable than their food. Selling deteriorated wood at 400,000,000% profit.

Is it wrong to watch that footage of SoB falling down over and over and laughing gleefully every time? Because if so, I don't want to be right.

dt

Not at all! I did the same. Just in case anyone missed it

http://www.digtriad.com/news/national/article/248576/175/Kings-Island-Son-Of-Beast-Comes-Down-

dt

Yes, but it is all so right! I had a huge smile on my face when I saw it. However, I like the sound of the Space Spiral video. You know what would make me laugh the most... KI putting in Hypersonic XLC!!!

^ No they couldn't have because the structure was so badly designed that fixing it would take more money then the renovation would be worth. Also the ride had little to work with as far as making it an extreme ride like NTAG & IRAT.

Also the ride had little to work with as far as making it an extreme ride like NTAG & IRAT.

Um...it was 218 feet tall and opened with a loop. I think they could've come up with something.

Also the ride had little to work with as far as making it an extreme ride like NTAG & IRAT.

Um...it was 218 feet tall and opened with a loop. I think they could've come up with something.

Yeah, but even then, wasn't the structure and/or wood used complete garbage? Even if they would have done an I-Box reconstruction, wouldn't the ride still be rough because of its structure?

Except it didn't open with the loop. It was in the middle. Yay semantics.