TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It looks like they are taking it down rather systematically. I wonder what park they are going to move it to? Probably the same one where Perilous Plunge is going. Wow! That park is getting an awesome coaster and a water ride this year. Lucky them.

Maybe Dorney Park?! Or maybe Dorney will even get FOUR "new" rides: Perilous Plunge, Son of Beast, Space Spiral, and Disaster Transport!

It looks like they are taking it down rather systematically. I wonder what park they are going to move it to? Probably the same one where Perilous Plunge is going. Wow! That park is getting an awesome coaster and a water ride this year. Lucky them.

Maybe Dorney Park?! Or maybe Dorney will even get FOUR "new" rides: Perilous Plunge, Son of Beast, Space Spiral, and Disaster Transport!

I know you guys are being humorously sarcastic, but it seems as though Son of Beast and Perilous Plunge were both fantastic attractions in theory. Perilous Plunge proved un-reliable, and Son of Beast seems to have been built really cheaply. I kind of sort of want to go back in time and ride Son of Beast in opening day condition.

I rode it back in the spring of 2005 and remember thinking that it didn't seem all that rough, (it wasn't smooth, but nothing horrible) but that the ride seemed pretty boring outside of the first drop and the loop. Personally, I think if you've ridden a big Summers & Dinn coaster (Hercules, Mean Strean, etc) it had a similar vibe to it.

I rode it about a week or so after it opened. Trust me, it was no better then. The loop was the only interesting part, mainly because it was a few seconds where the ride wasn't trying to remove your spine.

dt

The drop was the only part of the ride that did anything for me. Once you got past the fact that it's on a wooden coaster, the loop was just another loop. The same will go for the rolls on Outlaw Run and FeRat- they're just rolls, very much the same as the hundreds of others you can find on other coasters.

I'm from PA and I really wanted to love the Beast.

And while it was good (felt like a good 8/10 ride for me), I overall would say it has to be one of the most overrated coasters I've been on. I think it might crack into my top 20 wooden coasters, but it is nowhere near my overall top 10. I just felt like it didn't really do much when it comes to what I like in a wooden coaster. And yes, I also have taken a couple night laps on it. That all said, I was a huge fan of that ending helix o' death.....that was pretty awesome!

Just one coaster lover's humble opinion.....your results may vary

I live in Tennessee, and to me the Beast is far from being a really great wooden coaster thanks to its trims, but I still have a HIGH appreciation for its history, and every time I ride it at night, that history just comes alive. It still delivers arguably the most unique ride of any wooden coaster out there today.

^Firewood, anyone?

Edited by SFOGdude25