TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Glad I could help.

I rode it twice, once with the loop, had a blast, once without the loop after it was reopened after incident #1.

I still think it was a fine ride, it was jerky and I loved it.

Kind of makes me not want to go to KI anymore, especially if they /helped/ the beast be less jerky. That was one of the biggest draws to it, it was aggressive and beautiful.

I didnt think it was that bad. Just my opinion. Rode it 5 times in 2007, i believe that was the year, and I was afraid to get on it from all the revues I have read but when It crested the lift and dropped, I didnt see any different feeling than any other woodie I have ridden of that age, but Im 50 now and I was raised on woodies so I prefer them over steel anyday. I like to know I've been on a coaster afterwards. I like Mean Streak and I loved the old Texas Giant near the end. Do they get rough as time goes on, of course they do, but again Im old skool and love the roughness of a coaster. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE El Toro but I get more of the woodie feel from Voyage and thats my favorite coaster of all with El Toro a close second. I didnt care for Texas Giant at all but SOB was no more rough to me than its Father the Beast and thoroughly love The Beast. SOB was just kind of boring after the first half but also i dont hold my hands up on a coaster, i hold on and im sure that if I held my hands up on a rougher coaster, it would be less enjoyable. Some park does need another El Toro somewhere and with the success of El Toro, I dont understand why other parks havent jumped on this type of woodie.

I'm hoping they put in an expanded clonish version of Maverick, or an Inverted. With the Beast and the Racers, KI really doesn't need another woodie. I have also heard the Dipping dot's gal talk about a Levithan BM. Hoping she is reliable as ever, because the park doesn't that with Diamondback, serving as their premier coaster.

I also think it would be a smart investment to retrack the racers, and switch one side to going backwards again.

I also think it would be a smart investment to retrack the racers, and switch one side to going backwards again.

PTC no longer recommends that their trains run backwards, and in Ohio, by law, parks must follow the manufacture's recomendations.

PTC no longer recommends that their trains run backwards, and in Ohio, by law, parks must follow the manufacture's recomendations.

Then they replace the trains. Simple enough.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't think KI should invest in another 'Big' coaster to replace SoB. As coaster enthusiasts, many of us are clambering for the next big thing, but if only coaster enthusiasts frequented the parks, they probably wouldn't still be in business.

In my own opinion, Diamonback is still working well as KI's big signature coaster, and the GP seem to really love it. Diamonback was also a huge investment or the park, somewhere around $22 million if I'm correct? I may be off on that. With that kind of money, KI could in theory expand Action Zone into the SoB area, or even create a new themed area. From what I remember of KI, Action Zone has little in terms of family rides to draw the family crowd over to that area of the park. They should fix that. Add a few fun flat rides to draw the family crowd and anchor the new area with a more cost afficiant coast with a smaller foot print. I think Zacspin, Skyloop XT 150, Premier's take on the Skyloop like Superman at SFDK or possibly even a Eurofighter. All could be done easily for $10 mil or considerably less, an considering there is nothing like any of them in the area or even the surrounding area, the uniqueness of the coaster could drive about as much interest as a Giga. Remember, bigger is not always better... SoB should be proof enough of that

^^ I would agree with this statement! Some moderately thrilling flat rides and a Eurofighter or similar coaster would kind of bring that area up to par for the whole family.

Edited by jynx242

Remember, bigger is not always better... SoB should be proof enough of that

Intimidator 305 begs to differ!

Intimidator 305 is a great coaster hands down. All I ment is that the quality of a coaster shouldn't be souly reliant on how big or fast it is. There are far more good and great big coasters out there that I've enjoyed than those I haven't... But they weren't necessarily great because they were big. I've been on smaller coasters that I've enjoyed (though they aren't necessarily better) just as much as Intimidator 305.

^Oh I know. I305 is by no means my favorite, but it is certainly better than probably 90-95% of the world's coasters if you ask most people (GP and enthusiasts alike). The leftover better rides, though, are all smaller than it, so clearly there's the opportunity in a small ride to be better than a giant!

Why does everyone want Zacspins everywhere, when the only one in the US is run so that it doesn't flip and with the horrible capacity?

I mean, sure, they fit into small spaces, but I could understand a Euro-Fighter more. At least there's little to be done to neuter one of those.

^ Yeah, most of the complaint I've heard about Green Lantern is that it is neutered down compared to the ones in Europe... Never the best idea to let the operations of a coaster at one park affect your opinion on all similar models... Well unless it's a Boomerang

And I'm not really saying KI needs to have a Zacspin, and I'm not holding my breath for one. I just think from a long term investment stand point, going with a smaller, more cost affective and unique coaster like a Zacspin or the others I mentioned and pairing it with new more family friendly flat rides in that area would pay off better for the park in the long run.

^^I completely agree. I has been a while since a new major addition to the park, but they seem to be holding their own. Only, I think they should add a family ride but one that stands out as a marketing tool, or possibly even a water ride, then in 2 more years hit it big with a large capital investment. Just no more wing-riders! Ever.