TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

We rode it twice. It was two times too many.

Agreed. Replacing it with a Wacky Worm would be an improvement.

It'll be great to see all that real estate available for something good.

Edited by cfc

Maybe history will repeat itself and KI will get a nice medium/large wooden twister. Also, this park doesn't seem to have great luck with 'prototype' rides, may be best to steer clear of those for a while.

I rode this in 2000, its opening year, and the same year Millenium Force debuted. At the time, KI was still owned by Paramount, and they were trying to say that their SOB was much better than MF.

I waited an hour in line since the reality of running more than one train on a brand new coaster was a new concept to them. After surviving it, I thought..."meh." Nothing great, way too much shuffling during the helixes, and the loop was a one-trick pony without the trick!

I rode it again on July 3, 2006, just 6 days prior to the accident. It was even worse. Rough, bumpy, and basically a big waste of time and lumber.

I, along with almost everyone else, will not miss this SOB one bit!

I rode SOB in its first month of operation and it wasn't that bad, but really wasn't that good either. I thought the Gerstlauer trains improved the ride experience slightly but it still wasn't very good. Glad to seethe park finally doing something with it, hope they have something exciting planned for that area.

I remember getting off that thing after my first ride opening year and actually thinking that it was a lot smoother than I was expecting ironically. I'm always sad to see any coaster go but the writing had been on the wall for this thing several years now. Im curious how much consideration they actually gave a texas giant esque RMC rehab, if any. I still think that reusing some portion of the structure (if possible) for a new coaster could have been feasible even if was only 100ft or so of the lIft hill and the station. It must have been so far deteriorated at this point that demolition was the only option, and they finally must have gotten enough extra revenue from the Dino up charge to afford the demo!

^Well then you clearly are not a real coaster enthusiast because everyone knows that SOB was a non-wheel seat coaster, probably a top 10 non wheel woodie in the world, amateur .

Thing is, I remember vividly that most of the wheel seats had shorter waits and thus I jumped on.

I've also been known to be a huge idiot.

^Well then you clearly are not a real coaster enthusiast because everyone knows that SOB was a non-wheel seat coaster, probably a top 10 non wheel woodie in the world, amateur .

SOB was a "no good seat anywhere" ride.

To think a roller coaster with this big name was such a horrible ride. I wonder if I must be happy or sad that I never had a change to ride this coaster. But reading what people have to say here I'm going for happy.

Can't leave this question out: Are they going to replace it with Grandson of Beast?

SOB was a "no good seat anywhere" ride.

I totally agree! This was one painful ride - GOOD BYE... I speak from painful experience.

In the old Premier trains I always found seat 6-2 as the best seat on the ride, if there ever was one. Of course it was a non-wheel seat and the most entertaining. You saw all the riders in front you become human bobble heads while the shreiks of pain from the riders behind you was some of the best on-ride audio ever.

Though I have to admit that riding after a good soaking rain made the ride somewhat tolerable along with getting that first ride of the day since it wasn't warmed up yet. It was also one of the more intense night rides.

The ride was all about the loop and once that was removed for that odd transition that took its place and the lighter Gerstlauer trains the ride was really nothing special.

I'm pretty sure SOB had the loudest lift, too. It was absolutely deafening. Especially at the top. Those who have ridden, I'm sure you can agree haha

I forgot about that! I remember you mentioning to cover my ears at the top cause the lift for some reason was real loud up there. I wonder why that was?