TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

If you think about it KI is next in line for a new coaster. That is if you go off of 2008-2010. CW got Behemoth in 08, KI got Diamondback in 09, Carowinds got Timmy in 10. So it could only mean KI gets a new coaster in 13, considering Leviathan came to CW in 12.

You do understand that's not how it actualy works, right?

It's funny, in 10-15 years, the existence of Son of Beast will sound like some crazy urban legend that only the locals who frequent the park will believe. "You mean there used to be a 200ft wooden coaster here, with a loop?! Yeah, right, nice try!"

It's funny, in 10-15 years, the existence of Son of Beast will sound like some crazy urban legend that only the locals who frequent the park will believe. "You mean there used to be a 200ft wooden coaster here, with a loop?! Yeah, right, nice try!"

Except by then, there might be another inverting hyper-woodie - RMC's already nearly got a rolling inversion on a woodie, and loops are not far behind - in fact, if they can do a roll, a loop is probably easier. And I think a hyper-woodie is plausible with topper track.

To an extent, I'd imagine it would be remembered similarly to The Bat. First of it's kind, maintenance nightmare, sitting idle more often than not...

I was there Tuesday and Wednesday this week and I knew Son of Beast wasn't going to last much longer. There were trucks parked next to the lift hill and I didn't see a glimpse of the trains sitting next to the structure. Wonder what they're going to do with them since Cedar Fair really doesn't own any of those Gerstlauer trains to part off to other parks. Can see them probably going up for sale here shortly, if not sold already. In the back of my mind, I'm somewhat disappointed that I missed this credit, but this just didn't look that great to me. Roller Coaster Corporation of America just didn't seem that great of a roller coaster designers. If Paramount brought in someone else, like CCI, GCI, or Intamin to build and design it at the time, I think we'd have a different outcome. Although I have a feeling why they picked RCCA in the first place, since CCI had 7 coasters to build that year, Intamin was just starting to get back into wooden coasters, and GCI was just starting out, having only built a few coasters up at that point.

Just to start my trip off, Tuesday afternoon, a strong storm blew over the park that had knocked a few limbs off some trees, including a couple by Diamondback that took out a section of the low-zone fence. Nothing else was damaged, but it did take Diamondback a bit to get back up since they had to repair the fence.

Also I would like to mention that Delirium was still down both days, but I did manage to see it with guests on it Wednesday and team members positioned at the ride, only to notice that it e-stopped itself not long after and was down again. Heard that they got a "new" gear box from another model at a sister park and it's not playing nicely with the computer system. Pretty much all they can do for these Huss rides now, just pass parts around until they run out of them.

While I was waiting in line for The Beast, also noticed that there looked like there were workers inside of the old Crypt building working on the new haunt going into it this year. Just saw what I could from the queue, so I don't know if the ride itself is still in the building or it's already been taken out (parted and chopped I assume since there's no cut hole in the building to take the parts out in larger chunks.)

Overall, pretty good KI trip this year. Hoping we'll start seeing demo on this standing pile of timber soon.

I actually had a couple decent rides on it with the loop, but after the loop was taken out it was just a big painful mess.

Now what will they put back there? It was a huge site, they could add multiple roller coasters or even a new area if they wanted to.

To an extent, I'd imagine it would be remembered similarly to The Bat. First of it's kind, maintenance nightmare, sitting idle more often than not...

But at least with the bat nobody came off of it in pain for the most part.

This doesn't surprise me in the least bit. I haven't been this shocked at a coasters removal since SFMM got rid of Flashback. I rode in 2008 after they took out the loop. And yeah, I'm not gonna miss this piece of sh*t.