TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Yeah my hope the RMC top job, put some of those 95 degree banks on and hopefully the ride wont require surgery anymore!

Also I'd make it longer...put in a big fan curve, a hill, maybe a figure 8 but that's just me and I like extending rides in MS pain

Though the masochist in me really wishes I could've known the br00tal original SoB!

There are bins for everything except Flight of Fear and Firehawk, I believe.

I was allowed to take my backpack on Flight of Fear with me and just place it near my feet in front of the restraint. I felt this was odd, but oh well.

Hello everyone, Its been a few years since I went to KI and am about to head up that way on Friday... Just a few questions.

1. How have the crowds been this season? My riding partner can't do spinning rides so we will be marathoning coasters all day... has it been busy enough to justify Fast Lane?

2. I know that in the past if you brought a souvenir cup from a past season, you could still get the cheap refills... Is this still the case?

Many thanks in advance,

Brandon

It depends, if you are there to ride everything once and then just take laps on Diamondback and Beast the rest of the day then Fast Lane probably won't be necessary. If you want to ride Firehawk or Invertigo 15 times then yeah it would be a good investment.

To the best of my knowledge they will refill cups from past seasons. (Though I don't own one personally).

Invertigo was open yesterday, but Delirium is down and has two cranes around it. I think it's out for a month at the minimum.

Also, Haunt 2012......expect Crypt to be turned into a ...not one, not two, but possibly...three story Haunt attraction! Kings Island is going to be hands down the best Halloween event in the Midwest.

^It could mean a floorless coaster for Delgrosso's.

Just because B&M is manufacturing track, it doesn't mean that the track is destined for Kings Island or any other park of choice for that matter. Until it shows up at the park, or a shipping tag is spotted, there is no need to speculate as to where it might go, especially by having someone sound off for their home park in the hopes that it could even possibly be for them.

Why wait until December to celebrate Christmas?

Kings Island is offering an early Christmas present by offering guests a chance to purchase all-day admission tickets for just $29.99 – a savings of $24 off the regular front gate adult admission price!

But hurry! This incredible offer is available ONLINE ONLY for one (1) day, Wednesday, July 25. Tickets are valid for admission on the day of your choice July 25 through August 12.

Take advantage of this limited time special offer and enjoy a “Best Day of the Year” experience on thrill rides like the Beast and Diamondback roller coasters. Experience the more than 50 water activities in Soak City. Take in the excitement of a live show. Or spend a day together in the 11-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids’ area.

Before another summer slips by, make plans to visit Kings Island and spend a day you’ll remember for a long, long time.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-ticket-options/christmas-in-july

I take it "Christmas in July" is just to promote a cheap ticket and not actually bring out Winterfest stuff?

It depends, if you are there to ride everything once and then just take laps on Diamondback and Beast the rest of the day then Fast Lane probably won't be necessary. If you want to ride Firehawk or Invertigo 15 times then yeah it would be a good investment.

To the best of my knowledge they will refill cups from past seasons. (Though I don't own one personally).

I'm late but I still use a Fear the 4 cup from 2007 with SoB on it! They refilled it with the 5 dollar wrist band! My question is does KI do that everyday and do all the Cedar Fair parks have the Unlimited refill 5 dollar wristband??!

Son of Beast to be removed, from Kings Island Facebook page:

After a lengthy evaluation of all alternatives, the decision has been made to remove the Son of Beast roller coaster to make room for future park expansion. The dismantling of the ride, which last operated in 2009, will begin later this summer.

http://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland

Am I the only one who thinks this is sad? I feel bad for not waiting to ride it in 2009, and its been SO long. Plus, we are losing the only hyper-woodie in the WORLD! On the other hand, they've taken long enough to make a decision. Which leads to the obvious question - Will there be a Grandson of Beast ?

Edited by GigaG