TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I know this is for crowd control but I hate how they do not fill the stations with people. Just something about that annoys me. To me it makes the line appear longer than it is. Also on some of the coasters you could not choose your seat - they told you where to go but at only certain times of the day. But as long as I ask I was able to sit where I wanted.

I'm actually the opposite. I love it when parks hold back the line to prevent the station from being over-crowded. Especially during the summer months (when it's really, really hot), it's nice when you enter a station, and you only have to wait 1 train to get on. I feel like when there's a huge line for a row you're in line for, it takes ages to get on since 2 people board at a time. So I love it when you're not crowded in the station.

Just my thoughts.

^But that's not what Cedar Fair is doing (for the most part) this year. They are just holding the line at the station and then letting a couple trains worth of people in at a time. I love it.

-Are there loose article bins or do you have to rent fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo?

There are bins for everything except Flight of Fear and Firehawk, I believe.

-When entering the park for Platinum Pass ERT in the morning, what should the waits for Diamondback and Invertigo be like?

I can't answer this one, but I would get my Invertigo credit during the ERT session. That line is grueling later on in the day.

-We will be getting Fast Lane passes one day, but for the other day, what should wait times be for rides like Diamondback, Beast, and Firehawk?

Waits for everything should be under an hour during your visit. However, I would ride Firehawk AS SOON as the park opens. This could end up saving you two hours compared to if you had waited till later in the day.

-Any suggestions for "magic seats" on the rides? I'm assuming the back is the best on Diamondback.

Very back on Diamondback and Firehawk, second to back on everything else.

Have a great trip! Kings Island and Cedar Point are both in the best shape I've seen them in a long time.

And check out the British Invasion show if/while you eat lunch at the Festhaus. It's great.

I am a fan as well of parks that regulate the amount of people entering the station. There is nothing more frustrating than a jam packed loading station with people just standing around blocking the way not knowing there are rows with hardly anyone waiting in them. Plus, they can be frustrating for rides with queue-skipping systems because even though you "skipped" the line, there is still a several train wait in the station.

There are bins for everything except Flight of Fear and Firehawk, I believe.

Flight of Fear has one, it's in the boarding station. On the exit when you are about to come out to the photo booth the path splits and if you go to the left you end up next to the bins.

Thank you for the quick responses and suggestions, I'll definitely go by them. I'm really interested to see how much Cedar Fair has changed Kings Island (for the better) like they have done over here at Kings Dominion since 2007. Of course I've seen many many pictures, but I know that pictures can't quite capture the changed vibe and atmosphere in the parks.

I'm really interested to see how much Cedar Fair has changed Kings Island (for the better) like they have done over here at Kings Dominion since 2007.

I'm sure you would like what you see, I may be a little biased with it being my home park but Kings Island (to me), seems so much more lively and family friendly compared to when I went in 2006. Soak City was actually also a change for the better, they've repainted almost everything and it's much less gloomy over there now.

I am possibly going to Kings Island on Thursday. Do you guys think there will be big crowds? I am going by myself so if I do go I am going to get a Fast Lane pass, and will most likely be there from 10:00 to 6:00. It is about a 4 hour drive and I want to do it in one day. Any suggestions to what I should head to first? The last time I was at Kings Island was in 2006. I would like to ride Firehawk, but it is not a must since I have been on it plenty of times while it was at Geauga Lake. I also don't plan to going to the water park.

^ Being a Thursday, crowds are moderate. You can easily ride just about everything (important) without a Fastpass. If you get the Fastpass, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You can ride anything in any order as much as you want.

If you have time, check out the new Soak City! Especially with the high being 93º!

• 2 weeks later...

Why has Delirium been closed so much? Also a lot of rides have been experiencing downtime and breakdowns. Ex. this past friday i got stuck and evacuated on blue Racer and Diamondback was down a lot of the time during and after memorial day.

Also that SBNO coaster is looking worse than ever . I think Ki needs to get also needs new rollercoaster(B&M giga anybody?)Otherwise KI has been doing really good . Like lowered prices and funperks.

I love that the trains on SOB are from the Myrtle Beach Pavilion's Hurricane...Gerstlauer's finest! I wonder if they run them now and then? Seems like you'd have to do a lot of track maintenance just to make an unmanned test run possible.

Noob with Kings Island...

Is there any word/chance of SoB re opening?

I'm going to KI next year and IDC I want to ride that thing.

Even if it is going to cause whiplash and spinal column damage, it just is too epic for me not to ride.

It would be nice if SOB got Iron Horse'd and knowing RMC, they could probably put the loop back in.

But would they then call it Son of Son of Beast or Grandson of Beast?