TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Perhaps there is someone a bit more apt at explaining this, but from what I've read, a large part of the problem was that there was a brief period after the de-theme that CF ran the ride in a ten-flip mode, led to the removal of the first row because of the weight of the gondola would have been too much for the ride to handle flipping ten times. Even with the weight reduced, the thing still managed to tear itself apart since it simply wasn't designed to perform a routine that caused so much stress on the structure, leading to the neutered mode that ran the past few years.

^The supports will be painted royal blue when the new paint job is complete.

I actually think that color scheme looks pretty good as it is now, but a totally new scheme is certainly welcome.

I know that, I just meant that it would look nice like this! It'll also look great with the blue, just like Stinger/Leviathan.

Kings Island has sent us a small but very significant update regarding the 2012 operating season for the park--greatly expanded ERT benefits for season pass holders!

More details to come, but wanted to share the news that Kings Island Gold and Cedar Fair Platinum Season Passholders will be able to enjoy one (1) hour of early ride time every public operating day this year, with an expanded lineup of rides.

Kings Island begins its 40th anniversary season April 28. The park is closed April 29 for a private event but resumes weekend operation May 4-6. Daily operating begins May 11.

For you Kings Island locals:

I know Dinosaurs Alive! was a hit with visitors and brought in a lot of money at your park last year (which is the reason for 4 more this season), but was the Dinosaurs Alive 3D movie popular at all? I couldn't imagine many people paying $2-$4 just to see a 10 minute 3D movie, so I was just curious. Spongebob 3D has finally left KD, and we are trying to figure out what's going in our Action Theater and hoping that it's not an upcharge movie.

Also, any Soak City construction/renovation updates or photos lately?

Based on my experience, not at all. I think I only ever saw one group go down to see the movie and other than that the only person I saw by the theater, which is right next to/behind WindSeeker so I would always look while in line for that, was an extremely bored looking employee. But I guess it was popular enough to live another year (and possibly move to more parks), so what do I know. I hope for your sake that the Kings Dominion's Action Theater doesn't receive the same treatment, the movie turning that theater into an upcharge is my least favorite thing about Dinosaurs Alive.

Other news, Invertigo's new Stinger-esque paint job is complete minus a few finishing touches:

(Courtesy of Kings Island's Facebook page)

Not much in the form of pictures for Soak City, but the park's GM did announce on his Twitter that the new wave pool is complete and is going to be called Tidal Wave Bay.

Other news, Invertigo's new Stinger-esque paint job is complete minus a few finishing touches:

(Courtesy of Kings Island's Facebook page)

I looked at the picture for a good five seconds and thought "huh, I don't remember clicking on the Dorney Park Discussion Thread." Maybe I should go to bed...

Either way, looking good! Those colors are very pleasing to the eye, and hopefully won't fade as depressingly as the old colors did.

^^^ Thanks for the information, sounds like the movie was a bust... I understand charging for Dinosaurs Alive, but I still find it rediculously stupid to charge for the 3D movie. If they made it free it would get park visitors excited about dinosaurs and more likely to pay for the walk-thru...

Also, Invertinger looks great with the new paint job. It should look well from the entrance plaza as well.