TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I think this will turn out to be a great addition to Kings Island. The water park is always fairly crowded during the peak summer months. Is it a 'flashy' addition, no not really (especially for thrill junkies), but I think it will be a great addition for the long term vitality of the park. The way that the paths are shown in the concept drawings it seems like there are a few spots that could be used to add new slides complexes in the coming years.

I do think this is a good move for Kings Island besides the rename to Soak City... I would have chose "Wildwater Kingdom" (what Dorney uses) or something different from Cedar Point's waterpark.

I have a feelomg that we'll be seeing this name change across the board.much like we saw with the addition of PS replacing the nick themed kiddie areas as of last season.

New Haunt website is up. New attractions include: Holiday Horror, Mysteria, and Nightmare Alley.

Trail of Terror, Cemetery Drive, and Death Row are no more.

Also new is "Fright" Lane, allowing you to skip to the front of the line for each attraction, one time each. Prices range from $20-$30 each depending on how many you buy. I for one am excited that they're offering line jump passes for Haunt as it can get extremely crowded, especially on Saturdays, and this will make it possible to do everything in a night. According to the Haunt website "a very limited number" of Fright Lane passes are available, so get them while you can.

And yeah the Half Pint Brawlers are coming back as well.

New Haunt website is up. New attractions include: Holiday Horror, Mysteria, and Nightmare Alley.

Trail of Terror, Cemetery Drive, and Death Row are no more.

Also new is "Fright" Lane, allowing you to skip to the front of the line for each attraction, one time each. Prices range from $20-$30 each depending on how many you buy. I for one am excited that they're offering line jump passes for Haunt as it can get extremely crowded, especially on Saturdays, and this will make it possible to do everything in a night. According to the Haunt website "a very limited number" of Fright Lane passes are available, so get them while you can.

And yeah the Half Pint Brawlers are coming back as well.

So they're not doing anything with the Dinosaurs area? Kind of disappointing.

I hope that they don't change the name of WaterWorks at Kings Dominion to Soak City when we get our next water park upgrade (probably 2013 if I had to guess)... Believe it or not, I actually like the name WaterWorks much more than the name Soak City! Soark City just sounds like something that they came up with in less than 2 seconds. A kindergartener could come up with something more catchy than that! Oh Cedar Fair...

So they're not doing anything with the Dinosaurs area? Kind of disappointing.

Unfortunately not. I agree that with how secluded that area is, not to mention the fact that they already have a path paved it would be very cool for a Haunt. I think it's probably a mixture of what another person said regarding vandalism and the fact that Dinosaurs Alive is a good source of revenue that they intend on using into October. They're using the area for a trick or treat with the dinosaurs thing for Howl-O-Fest for the kids, oddly enough those are the only advertisements I've seen outside of the park for October, no Halloween Haunt advertisements yet.

I have heard that they are making a ton of money from it and based on the fact that Cedar Fair is adding it to Cedar Point and Kings Dominion, I'd assume it's been very successful. Not to mention Kings Island has said that they are expanding their own next year. It always appeared to be pretty crowded on days I was there.

I didn't see a lot of people lining up to pay for a ticket in the four times I've been to KI this year but that doesn't mean there weren't a lot of people walking through the attraction. I was tempted once to see it but since they have some dinos displayed in the park (one in front of the fountains, at the entrance by Windseeker, and one by the Planet Snoopy entrance across from Chick-Fil-A) I figured that was all I needed to see - and it was free.

And no matter what we've all seen, Steve's already said a million times how it made them millions. I think it might've even been $20-25 million. It was a lot.

At $5 a ticket that would mean 4-5 million people went through...which is 1-2 million more people then visited the park total in 2010. I have heard that they have indeed turned a profit this year but it was nowhere near $20-$25 million.