TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^^Except Medusa/Bizarro is a great ride, Superman looks fantastic, and The Dark Knight looks like an awesome small and compact coaster. Scream was terrible when I rode it, but that might have been because it was so hot that day. It rattled like no other. But I'd say 4/5 isn't exactly failing...

Bizarro/Medusa? A great ride? That was literally the most BORING B&M I have ever ridden. I could've slept on it if I wanted. Completely forceless.

I didn't say Dominator wasn't good. I said the Six Flags Floorless 5 are. Ok heres the layout for every six flags floorless.Drop, Loop, Dive Loop (Except SKC), Zero G Roll, Cobra Roll (Except BTDK and Medusa), MCBR, interlocking corckscrews, and final brake run.

What are you expecting when you ride a Floorless? A airtime filed Intaimin? Seriously, that's not what Floorlesses were made to do. You're the only person that I have ever heard from that hates all 5 of Six Flag's Floorless roller coasters. Superman was really fun, and very unique with it's quarry location. And you complain that all of them are force-less, when all of them have tight turns at the end of the rides. And keep in mind that Dominator use to be a Floorless roller coaster built when Six Flags owned Geauga Lake, but that somehow avoids your "Six Flags Floorless 5" list.

^I happen to love all the Six Flags Floorless coasters. Sure they aren't the MOST forceful, but I think The Dark Knight packs a punch for its size. The only floorless that I haven't enjoyed is Hydra at Dorney Park....well this thread has gotten off-topic...hmm.... Dorney Park --> Kings Island...

I'm expecting something that doesn't feel like Im walking on the track. I want speed, thrill, hangtime, adrenaline. Some actual fun to it. Excuse my mistake about Dominator too. But Floorless coasters don't really hold up to their reputation like the 90's inverts do. I'm not expecting airtime, not expecting anything crazy. I just want to enjoy it.

I've been on all but one of the "Six Flags Floorless Five" (I haven't taken in SFDK Medusa) and I loved all of them. Scream and Bizarro weren't quite as great as the other two but B:tDK was pretty forceful and IMO Krypton Coaster is pure bliss. So apparently Schotcher isn't too big on floorless, but I think the majority of us really like them.

I'd rather ride Scream all day than Firehawk once. SKC is awesome and Domoinator was great when I rode it at Geauga Lake. A lot of the GP find B&M Hypers boring (They don't go upside-down? Stupid!), different rides appeal to different people. I think a floorless coaster would be a great fit for Kings Island. It has nothing remotely like that type of ride.

I think KI should get a B&M invert as its one ride that had become standard at most of the large parks and KI doesn't have one. Invertigo doesn't count as an invert.

I wouldn't be disappointed in a floorless if one was to be built there. I've enjoyed my rides on Hydra, Medusa West, Medusa/Bizzaro (my favorite) and Batman Knight Flight/Dominator, which I greatly miss.

Invertigo doesn't count as an invert.

Yes it does. Riders sit under the track in a fixed train with their feet dangling in the air. Inverted roller coaster.

It's weird, because every time I ride Bizarro I'm thrown around during the (fantastic) zero-G, flipped upside down six more times, gray out (on hot days) around the turn off the mid-course, and pop out of my seat into the mid-course and after the interlocking corkscrews. Also I'm going what, sixty-something? That's quite the fast and eventful "walk."

It's weird, because every time I ride Bizarro I'm thrown around during the (fantastic) zero-G, flipped upside down six more times, gray out (on hot days) around the turn off the mid-course, and pop out of my seat into the mid-course and after the interlocking corkscrews. Also I'm going what, sixty-something? That's quite the fast and eventful "walk."

Doesn't feel sixty-somethin.

The thing about B&M inverts that I don't like as much as on floorless is the limited visibility in any other row but the front. For me, riding anywhere but the front on an invert is nauseating because I can't see anything at all. I don't have that problem at all on a floorless. But maybe that's just me.

I'm not sure where the Dinos attraction is, but I know that during Haunt they have the Trail of Terror maze back in that vicinity. They might re-work it to fit with the dinos theme, if it's along the same path. Not sure exactly where it is though, since I haven't been there in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

^ SoB NTAG treatment perhaps? Or maybe a new coaster? Could it be a good, new, reliable looping coaster? If it has nothing to do with SoB, Hopefully a park can get an Intamin 12 inversion looper (hate modern B&M's) but it will probably be a B&M looper anyway.