TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ I think $50 is pretty reasonable in compassion to similar services offered at other parks. For $25 everyone would want to buy it and that would kinda defeat the purpose, and at $25 the park probably wouldn't make that much money off of it.

I love the fast pass,but I think they should change the price to $25 instead of $50. Also Vortex was open when I went two days ago.

That would be a good idea if they weren't trying to run a business.

Since no one has posted it yet, Vortex has been back up since Friday night! Its slowly getting back into shape since it hasn't run in nearly a month, but so far I've seen it run most of the time over the last few days. (there was a bit of down time on Friday/Saturday for the trains to match up with the breaks) I'm going to test it out tomorow after my swing shift ends around 7/8ish.

I was just at Kings Island on Wednesday and Thursday; darn! I won't be back at the park until probably next year, hopefully at least.

On the 'Fast Lane' part of Kings Island's website where it says how long you can use Fast Lane daily, it usually says 12-7. Today when I went to the website, it was the first time that I saw it say 'All Day Today'. Does anyone know if today is the first day they've done it all day? Also, are they planning on keeping it as all day or are just experimenting?

Yeah, I believe it is now an all-day pass. Looks like they are also experimenting with the prices, and it's looking a little more like SF's Flash Pass, in the sense that the more people in your group, the less money it is per person.

$50 - One

$45 - Two

$40 - Three

$35 - Four

$30 - Five

$25 - Six or more

tickets.visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopping_corporate_partners_list.cfm

I don't post much because I usually can't come up with anything good to say, so this is a rarity for me.

I visited Kinds Island today with some friends. It was pretty busy - Diamondback had a 30 min wait all day; Firehawk, 90 mins; Flight of Fear, 60 mins; plus 30-45 min waits on things like Drop Zone and Delirium. I was in a group of 5, but only myself and one other really like coasters, so when we saw the lines, we decided to check out the Fast Lane booth and got two wristbands.

That's a busy day? Consider yourselves lucky as those are very reasonable waits for a busy day. On a busy day up here -- 2 to 3 hours for the SLC, about an hour for Behemoth, an hour plus for the mine train, 30 minutes just to get into the parking lot, etc.

Really glad to hear a great review about the pass! The price seems really reasonable. Hopefully it'll pilot well and spread to the other parks. It'll be nice to get more than three rides in during a summer day visit.

Found an interesting (or maybe not at all interesting) quote from an interview with Jeff Pike from GCI. When asked if he still visits Kings Island he replied: "They’re customers of Great Coasters now, and I still get a little bit of that magic when I go back." (The whole interview is a pretty interesting read.)

What project was/is GCI involved in at KI?

Full Interview

From Screamscape:

2012 - Boomerang Bay Expansion - Rumor - (8/9/11) In a strange move, I’m told that Kings Island’s big makeover for Boomerang Bay may be more in name only and not so much on the attraction side of things. Yep… even though the park’s last big expansion saw the new name of Boomerang Bay put on it, now I’m told they will likely rename the park as Soak City. As far as the expansion / upgrade goes, the only new attraction I’m aware of so far will be a new large wave pool. I’d hope for more slides to be added, but dropping in a wave pool by itself seems to fit the Cedar Fair pattern from the past few years where they did the same thing to Carowinds and Valleyfair. (I’m thinking these kinds of projects help pay for themselves right away, because with new wave pools comes prime real estate to put down private cabana rentals, which have been a top priority for waterparks in general the past few years as they are fetching a huge premium price from guests willing to pay for private access into a simple “tents”.

(8/5/11) What latest rumors for Kings Island in 2012 points to the park making a substantial multi-million dollar upgrade to the Boomerang Bay waterpark that will see both improvements and new attractions added.

If Diamondback has all it's trains running, the line can be out the normal queue and still take less than 30 minutes. They actually do a good job getting people through on that ride. When people see the line out the door, most turn away as they think it's a hour+ wait.

Classic Kings Island. If they don't re-do the 80's half of the water park, then I'll be pissed.

The 80's half has all the cool slides, especially Ultra Twister/Awesome Aussie Twister.

New, larger wave pool is all I see coming in 2012, which is something they need, but not something I would build to celebrate the park's 40th anniversary.

If Diamondback has all it's trains running, the line can be out the normal queue and still take less than 30 minutes. They actually do a good job getting people through on that ride. When people see the line out the door, most turn away as they think it's a hour+ wait.

It's not just 'running all three trains', it's also the efficiency of the ride. It a train leaves the station and gets back to the brake run right after the 'splash landing' before the next train heads out of the station forcing the train to stop, it's not that efficient. I saw this happen multiple times last time I was there. Having all the trains running is really only helpful when the train doesn't have to stop on the slanted brakes.

It's not just 'running all three trains', it's also the efficiency of the ride. It a train leaves the station and gets back to the brake run right after the 'splash landing' before the next train heads out of the station forcing the train to stop, it's not that efficient. I saw this happen multiple times last time I was there. Having all the trains running is really only helpful when the train doesn't have to stop on the slanted brakes.

Which is why I said they do a good job getting people through the ride. Maybe I've just landed on days with good operators, but a hold before station was quick the days I've been. Certainly quicker than the wait would have been if 2 trains were running.

My wife and kids were there today and said the park was empty so hopefully the people on the Bash had a great time.

I've been at Kings Island the past 4 days and I've got to say, I've had a GREAT TIME! Just about every rideop was friendly and efficient at doing their job. The crew on Diamondback (as usual) was exceptional! I really miss the single rider line on DB since I'm always by myself (now Fast Lane), but they move people through the line very well. It's nice to have a great park experience, which hasn't been the norm at most Cedar Fair parks.

I found the crew to be hit or miss last week when I was there. For awhile they would have one train going down the first drop right before the previous train hit the splashdown, but later they would be stacking all trains consistently. Actually all crews seemed to be this way really.

I also don't understand why Invertigo, Drop Tower, Windseeker, and Diamondback went down for "lightning" yet all other rides (including Vortex, Xtreme Skyflyer, etc.) were allowed to continue to operate. But it was a pretty great visit none the less.