TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

But that gives the park the incentive to run the rides at lower capacity in an attempt to make the paid line jumping system seem more effective.

Not always... Dollywood's Q2Q is very popular despite the fact it's near useless considering the ride lines are rarely VERY long, even during the Summer months thanks to efficient operations. Your experience may vary though.

CF was responsible for a lot of park upgrades the last few years and not just ride renovations with new paint and fire effects. Also, despite the hate, Kinzel has always shown a great passion for the amusement industry and I am grateful for all he is done.

Edited by Ejectorbater

I got a little more information about the Fast Pass system that will be announced tomorrow for Kings Island. Seems that they will be $50 per person.

Hopefully this is a proof of concept that will make its way around the Cedar Faire properties. Hello, Cedar Point?

When I was younger, and I'm sure it was on this forum somewhere years ago, I used to express my dislike for FastPasses, Qbots, or whatever they were called at the time they started using them, and I'm sure I called them unfair at some point. I would like to retract my statement. (Where ever the heck it is on this board, I tried to find it. LOL)

Now, I'm an old fat lazy drunk with a couple extra bucks. When I go on vacation, I want it all, and I'm willing to spend the extra money for better treatment so that I can remain fat, lazy and drunk. (Isn't that what going on vacation is about???) It's like when I go to the club, I buy a bottle of Skyy, they give me a free private party booth and sometimes a bartender. Or I pay almost double what everyone else in the place is paying for a hotel room because I want a better view and concierge service.

$50 for no waiting?!?!? Where do I sign up! Let's get it right this time Cedar Fair!!!!

^At the very least, their main banner on the homepage has a link to information on the new "Fast Lane" passes:

http://tickets.visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopping_corporate_partners_list.cfm

Fast Lane appears to be available for select hours of the day (12.00-7.00), although the number of uses is unlimited, and for 5 coasters and 5 other rides:

Diamondback, Beast, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, Back Lot Stunt Coaster

Drop Tower, Delerium, Windseeker, Boo Blasters, Log Flume

Here's the link on the site: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/fast

Looks pretty good!

SPEED PAST THE LINES ON 10 OF OUR MOST POPULAR RIDES INCLUDING:

DIAMONDBACK

BEAST

WINDSEEKER

FIREHAWK

AND MORE!

Add this brand new option to your ticket for just $50 and you'll get a wristband that allows you to go up the FAST LANE entrance on 10 of our most popular rides.

This wristband allows you access through the FAST LANE ENTRANCE as many times as you want between Noon and 7:00pm on the day of your visit.

Hurry, there are a limited number of these FAST LANE passes available each day.

Purchase the voucher on this page, redeem it at the FAST LANE TICKET BOOTH located just inside the main gate and then floor it to your favorite rides!

Other rides included are Drop Tower, Boo Blasters, Log Flume, Delirium, Flight of Fear, Stunt Coaster

Tix_hdr_Fast_Lane(1).jpg.b6ed036aa0b594c4375deee370d01c9c.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

I wonder why they limited it to the hours of 12-7pm? That seems like a bit of an odd stipulation that no other ride reservation system (that know of at least) has.

But other than that this sounds like a great idea, and a great value as well. I wonder if leaving off Invertigo has to do with the layout of the station limiting the access? Just the thought.

At first I wasn't too sure about this, now that we know the full details I love it! I no longer have to plan to go on an empty day to ride everything. Although it's still $50, it seems worth it to me! I'll definitely do it! You got to think, all they have to spend on these are a little advertising, banners and signs around the park, maybe a few extra employees, a web developer to add this to the website, and the actual wristbands. After that is paid off (in no time), it's all profit! This could get us something in the future!

I'm trying to see how it works though. The website says to enter through the fastpass entrance, on some of these rides I don't know where that'd be. It's probably just the exit.

I really hope to see other Cedar Fair parks to get this, and I hope it's available during Haunt (maybe even add a fee haunts to it)!

$50 doesn't actually look so bad once you see that the basic Flash Pass is $45, and from the way the press release made it sound, you can loop through the Fast Lane queue on the rides as many times as you wish, without having to wait for a return time as you would with the Flash Pass or even Fastpass.

If it's for 10 rides, that's only $5 to skip the line ONCE. And if you can do it as many times as you want in that seven-hour window, that really isn't all that expensive. I would be MORE than willing to pay $5 to skip Firehawk's god-awful queue even once. Hopefully this system works out nicely for KI.

^ I agree...I really like the Vekoma flyers (did I just say I like Vekoma?), but the queue and loading times are just atrocious compared to the B&M flyers.

We waited at least a 1/2 hour for the one at Carowinds and there couldn't have been more than 100 people in line (running one train). I found it interesting that the coaster with the worst loading and capacity was only running one train, while every other big coaster in the park ran at least two.

Perhaps they were doing maintenance on the other train, but it was still a brutal wait for what seemed to be such a short line. Intimidator had about the same amount of people and I think we waited five minutes (max) to ride.

I would definitely shell out the $50 if I end up going to KI this year as the only time I would be able to go would be on a weekend, when lines would (more than likely) be brutal.

Sounds good, it will be interesting to see how much of a line they get in the Fast Lanes given the queueing is not electronically managed, but this something I'm happy to see come in, and I hope it goes chain wide - especially Cedar Point.

^Hoping this goes chain wide within the next two weeks!!!!!

I did think this might be a good development for the Road to Cedar Point trip, especially if they expand it beyond KI. Lack of fast pass options definitely has turned me off going to CF parks.

Just want everyone to know that Kings Island will be announcing their Fast Pass system on Monday. That's all I know, don't have any specifics yet. But if I don't get them before Monday, we'll all find out at the same time!

I got a little more information about the Fast Pass system that will be announced tomorrow for Kings Island. Seems that they will be $50 per person.

So now maybe you guys will trust me when I say I have a very reliable source for Cedar Fair information.