TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Behemoth Bash: Photo TR

Here are some random shots from the day...

What we were all here for...

Getting ready for the first ride of the day!!!

The TPR Crew getting their day started off with a bang.

Gotta love Riptide eh Dan?

Had to get involved in some TPR goofiness.

Me being goofy...

MMMmmm Vortex!!!

Prepare to get wet!

Wonderland did a great job welcoming us.

Why are we all gathered here like this you might ask???

One word: FOOD!!!

Sledgehammer....Meh...

I will post the rest of the pictures when I get home from work tonight.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the rest as promised...

Beginning of the walkback...

I really do love this ride..

Train full of happy riders coming back after the helix...

A great ride to take photos of.

More helix action.

Ahhh, finally, the infamous 3 coasters going at once shot!!!

Nice shot of the first drop.

Damn, that really does get close to the ground...Take that Kings Island's Diamondback!!!

More first drop goodness.

On the way back over the water.

The wicked turnaround.

TPR crew finishing up the walkback.

I just want to say thanks again to all of those who helped put together such a great event...I hope you all enjoy the photos as well...

Interesting... we (the later group) didn't walk on the lake side of Behemoth. From what I recall, we were led to the right mostly along the path over the Stunt Coaster queue and stopped at the first turnaround.

Great pictures!

They took us along the first drop side first.

Then afterwards they took us to the spot past the station.

Did you wander away when we walked to the second spot?

Did you wander away when we walked to the second spot?

Yes, actually... that's when I lost you and Cameron for about an hour after the walkback. I thought that you guys were just heading back to the Behemoth plaza with the first group for some reason!

Hanno and Robb got a group photo of the remaining people though!

^I could see the chaser lights from my room at the Monte Carlo (Sunday night), but from that distance I couldn't tell that they were "chasing". When we had ERT the following night they were blindingly noticeable. IMO they looked awesome and added to the fun! It's amazing how bright those LED's were.

There are very few coasters where I enjoy the front better than the back, and this is one of them. I'm not saying I didn't like it in the back seat, just that the front was the money seat. In all reality, every seat was just great, as the hills made for great airtime, and I absolutely loved the diving helix! I thought it was a great ride. The night time rides were even more fantastic! Bravo Canada's Wonderland, Bravo!

There are very few coasters where I enjoy the front better than the back, and this is one of them. I'm not saying I didn't like it in the back seat, just that the front was the money seat.

I found both the front and back have decent airtime, but in quite a different way.

The front kind of has a stalling, throw yourself forward type airtime. Where the back is more of a whiplash type airtime, where the train is pulling you over the hill.

The front felt a bit more abrupt, where as the back was a bit more consistent.

Great update Dan! Too bad I didn't get to really meet you or talk to you more. Glad to see you enjoyed your first TPR event though! I'm convinced it's impossible not to have a great time with Robb and Elissa and the rest of the TPR members.

I thank you so much (and I too wish I had hung out with you more!) but... pssst... my update's over here.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45425

Dan "Also discovered that your real name is Matt Damon " Smith

EDIT: ^I personally found the back to be more thrilling simply because of the whole "pulling over the drops" thing. I didn't dare a front-seat ride for night ERT; I was too full on cajun fries to have some bugs as a palate-cleanser.

^ LMAO! I totally screwed that one up. I had been reading both updates and thought I was in yours when I posted that. That's what I get for my ADD and reading TPR at work.

I love that the correct answer to my trivia question actually was "Matt Damon"!

I like the back more overall as well. You get thrown out of your seat the ENTIRE way down that first drop. Also, like Dan mentioned, you get a stronger more consistent floater air feeling back there. The front is a bit more like an abrubt ejection air, with a stall, and then floater air coming back down. Both seats are great, but I'd still give my preference to the rear.

I probably should have changed the name of mine more drastically, instead of from "Behemoth Bash: Photo TR" to "Photo TR: Behemoth Bash!"

Oh, and by the way, Matt Damon is exactly what I wrote on my trivia sheet! Right alongside the three name-changed coasters, "Laser", "Snake" and "Horse on Fire"...