TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Breakers Express hotel ?????

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare it to a Holiday Inn.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Breakers Express actually opened as a Holiday Inn Express and then was converted over in the late 1990s / early 2000s.

It's a perfectly fine hotel. Clean, modern, comfortable, economical. No fridges or microwaves in the rooms, however. For that (and I'm all for in-room mini-fridges so that I can eat breakfast and lunch in the room), you have to stay at Hotel Breakers. I have stayed at both, and personally prefer Hotel Breakers (2 minute walk from your room to the Magnum entrance). With Breakers Express, you have to drive 5 minutes up the causeway to the park. But, you still get that 1 hour ERT in the morning (which is a VERY good thing).

-Doug

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Breakers Express actually opened as a Holiday Inn Express and then was converted over in the late 1990s / early 2000s.

It was never a Holiday Inn Express. It was built by Cedar Point for the 2000 season specifically for guests who wanted a cheaper alternative to staying on the point.

I stayed there Labor Day weekend a few years back and it was fine. Nothing too fancy, but we just used it to sleep. Lots of kids but not too noisy.

The Breakers Express was a great hotel b/c of the place (I cant remember the name) that is next to it...I wouldn't want to stay there b/c it seems like a loud hotel. BUT there is a great little restaurant, bar, laser bowling, and an OTB. You can walk there from the hotel....and they have a HUGE beer "bong".

The name of the restaurant is the Thirsty Pony. You can also bet on taped horse racing. That beer bong is literally 3 feet tall and a nozzle at the end for easy pour-ability. They also added an "indoor waterpark," called Rain, as well (a few water slides and a kiddie area)

The place is pretty cool. I try to go there once a summer.

It was never a Holiday Inn Express. It was built by Cedar Point for the 2000 season specifically for guests who wanted a cheaper alternative to staying on the point.

I stayed there Labor Day weekend a few years back and it was fine. Nothing too fancy, but we just used it to sleep. Lots of kids but not too noisy.

My mistake. But thought that I saw a Holiday Inn Express sign when I was younger. I must have not realized this years ago.

The Breakers Express is actually a very good hotel in my opinion. The cheaper price than the other hotels there already make me like it. The rooms and the whole hotel is pretty great. 2 beds, a minifridge(I think), the air conditioners have never given me a problem, and their's vending machines with both food and drinks in every hallway (like most hotels). Also their's a decent sized pool, a hot tub( which is great for relaxing muscles after a whole day in the park, and it has a game room. It's my favorite hotel there.

Don't be scared by the bad reviews. The hotel is fine and probably the best bet for money vs. value in the area. There a lot of hotels right around there that are 10x worse.

Expect a no frills hotel with plain jane decor and you will not be disappointed. They have free coffee in the lobby but the donuts will cost ya. The best discount on park tickets can be had right at the hotel desk and don't forget to use early entry. It is a big perk.

The worst thing I have ever encountered there is a slightly noisy AC unit. Some people obsess over the little things.

Nothing wrong with it.

Once I stayed at the Comfort Inn about a block from Cedar Point Drive because I got a room for dirt cheap, and while it wasn't terrible either, I much preferred Breakers Express.

As others have said though, I only used it to sleep in, and maybe if I needed a rest from the park, since Cedar Point takes a reasonable amount of time to do everything, there isn't a lot of "motel time"

Don't be scared by the bad reviews. The hotel is fine and probably the best bet for money vs. value in the area. There a lot of hotels right around there that are 10x worse.

+1, the hotels in Sandusky are like a mine field. They are real hit or miss.

Breakers Express though is a pretty consistent decent hotel.

I was a little skeptical also considering the bad reviews it was receiving. We stayed there for three nights back in July of 2007. I thought it was a pretty decent place. Clean rooms, it was quiet on our end of the motel. Vending machines were a little pricey, they pretty much had the same price on them as they would in the park vending machines. I just enjoyed the little things around the motel, things such as the huge color posters of CP when you come in to the lobby. I also like the little soaps and shampoo's and such that had CP's logo's on them. I would stay there again. Like everyone says, "you are just sleeping there", and after a long day at the park, thats all you want to do.

The facility itself is clean (as well as the rooms), and the furnishings are decent. While there is nothing wrong with the place, certainly go there knowing that the room quality won't match what you pay for it. If you go there knowing you are overpaying, you'll be fine.