TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First kiddie bribery?

Recently, I was on a trip to Waldameer park and for the first time in my life I actually bribed a kid to go on the Ravine flyer 3 so I need to ask What was the first kiddie coaster that you had to get a kid to go along with you to get a credit?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite the same, but I paid a set of kids $20 to get on the front row of Laser at Dorney Park yesterday.

For those that don't know, the miniscule size of the station does not allow for waiting for any individual row. There is an attendant that lets 28 people (full capacity of one train) into the station at a time, so whoever is in the front of that group gets pick of where they want. You may think "well, that sounds easy...just wait outside the cutoff point and count 28 people." I thought it seemed easy too, but the layout right at the cutoff point makes doing so without being physically rude very difficult. After several failed attemps, ending up two people behind the cutoff each time, I was tired of waiting and offered these kids who were talking about getting on the front $20 to let me and my friend have it. They thought about it for a while, and then said okay.

"Why go for the front when the back is the better ride?" you may ask...well, with the ride coming down at/before the end of this season and going who-knows-where, I wanted to make sure I'd remember the experience as vividly as possible.

Recently, I was on a trip to Waldameer park and for the first time in my life I actually bribed a kid to go on the Ravine flyer 3 so I need to ask What was the first kiddie coaster that you had to get a kid to go along with you to get a credit?

I hope you know that you don't need a kid to go on that coaster.

On topic, I have never done that, I couldn't care less about the kiddie credits.

Never. And probably never will unless it's a child I actually know. If I can ride a kiddie coaster without a kid, I'll do it, but all in all, I'd rather have a lower coaster count with mostly quality, serious rides instead of a higher coaster count littered with 10 ft tall coasters that are all pretty much the same. Plus, when you're an adult male, there is a certain level of "creepy" and "potential child molester" threat involved when trying to get a stranger to let you use their kid so you can ride a kiddie coaster, often times in a kid's area.

So yeah, I'll ride kiddie coasters, but I won't go out of my way to do it.

Not quite the same, but I paid a set of kids $20 to get on the front row of Laser at Dorney Park yesterday.

For those that don't know, the miniscule size of the station does not allow for waiting for any individual row. There is an attendant that lets 28 people (full capacity of one train) into the station at a time, so whoever is in the front of that group gets pick of where they want. You may think "well, that sounds easy...just wait outside the cutoff point and count 28 people." I thought it seemed easy too, but the layout right at the cutoff point makes doing so without being physically rude very difficult. After several failed attemps, ending up two people behind the cutoff each time, I was tired of waiting and offered these kids who were talking about getting on the front $20 to let me and my friend have it. They thought about it for a while, and then said okay.

"Why go for the front when the back is the better ride?" you may ask...well, with the ride coming down at/before the end of this season and going who-knows-where, I wanted to make sure I'd remember the experience as vividly as possible.

Yeah it's very difficult to get the front row. I was lucky to get the front row today but I think I have only gotten the front row 4 or 5 times in close to 60 rides, the back is even more difficult since they make you load front to back and if it isn't a full train you can't get the back row.

My little brother used to be terrified of going upside down. I told him FoF at KD didn't go upside down. He had no idea. Right before the launch I looked over at him and was like...Oh yeah, Howie.....it goes upside down. He flipped out, we launched, blah de blah, hit the breaks... LETS DO IT AGAIN! From that day forward he'll ride anything.

Cruel? Yes. But hell, it worked.

never for money, but i've asked kids to ride with me for:

Road Runner Express (TGE)

PROOF!: a pic that got on rcdb.com http://cache.rcdb.com/pictures/picmax/p20779.jpg

I'm the one in the 2nd to back seat.

2nd was Kiddie Coaster at Lake Compounce

1 that almost counts, Road Runner Railway at Sfgadv, the ride op said i could sit with the kid. It may be creepy, but it's fun and a fun story to tell.

Also, a tip, older males that are still below the height limit tend to be the nicest.