TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favourite Vekoma!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't been on an inverted boomerang or a giant inverted boomerang, but I quite like the flying dutchmen rides. Sure, they don't feel like flying when you're bouncing all over, but those rides have some pretty cool maneuvers. And I really don't mind a decent SLC. I've ridden my share of dreadful ones, but a smooth one is really an excellent ride.

• 1 month later...
Fly The Great Nor'easter-

-I was scared to ride it after all I heard all the negative things about Vekoma SLC coasters...but with the new restraints....it was a pretty OK Coaster....

....But a Vekoma mine train is always fun!

vekoma's roller coasters at universal studios singapore was closed 5days after opening

Never really had a problem with Vekoma.

The GIBs (and while less thrilling, Invertigos) are excellent. I also really dig SFoG's Ninja.

I think the thing with Vekoma is that their mediocre boomerang and SLC models are everywhere. You can get away with that if you're cloning the epitome of inverted coasters (Batman: The Ride), but even then you get "been there, done that" reactions from well-traveled riders. Do it to a mediocre coaster (afore-mentioned SLC/Boomerang) and you'll see those same riders either altogether pass the coaster up, or ride it just for a credit (never understood that) and then complain about it. In the end, it will all boil down to personal preference. There are coasters I enjoy that others would ride once and never look back (Iron Wolf, SFGAm) and there are those that I don't understand all the fuss about (Kraken, SWO or B&M's Superman flyers) that are viewed as outstanding.

I would have to say Stunt Fall in Parque Warner Madrid, and The Rock&Rollercoaster @ DLRP... but that's more because of the sound and lights effects... R&RC in WDW didn't have the 'WOW'-factor for me...

^ probably good. Means you still have the majority of your brain cells remaining. Anyone who has ridden one of the worst SLCs can't do math after one ride.

My favorite Vekoma would be an Invertigo or, and I may be in the minority, T2. T2 may have just been giving very rare smooth rides the day I was at SFKK, but I realllllly liked it.

I kinda just realized I've never ridden a Vekoma SLC.... Is this bad or good?

Good, I guess. You just need to know how to ride it, that's all.

^ probably good. Means you still have the majority of your brain cells remaining. Anyone who has ridden one of the worst SLCs can't do math after one ride.

I had trouble remembering my name after riding Kong, and it's nowhere near the worst!