TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favourite Vekoma!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for sentimental reasons. It was the first coaster I was ever on.

It was the Coca-Cola Roller at the Glasgow Garden Festival which was only open for one summer in 1988. Was on it about 16 times or so. Was a bit nervous about coasters til then (I was 14) but never looked back after that.

It was a boomerang identical to The Bat at Canada's Wonderland which I also rode that year.

For all those saying Space Mountain at DLR is their favorite Vekoma, it's no longer a Vekoma. Design and manufactured by WDI and AMEC Dynamic Structures. And if I recall it was never a Vekoma...but I'm not sure on that.

As for my favorite, I don't really have one. They just don't amuse me. I guess I would go with a Roller Skater or Gadget's Go Coaster at DLR.

Well, to be honest, I've never been on a bad Vekoma.

Every Vekoma that I've ever been on was a fantastic, smooth ride.

However...

I've been on two.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest.

They are both fantastic rides, and are both top ten material (these two coasters are the best ones in Florida after the seven B&Ms we have here...and I've only been on florida coasters.).

So there you go.

For all those saying Space Mountain at DLR is their favorite Vekoma, it's no longer a Vekoma. Design and manufactured by WDI and AMEC Dynamic Structures. And if I recall it was never a Vekoma...but I'm not sure on that.

That's right, and I'm almost positive the old one wasn't Vekoma either.

However, the one in Disneyland Paris IS a Vekoma, so they may have meant that.

I really liked all the Big Thunder Mountain rides and the giant SLC is a lot of fun.

Definatly Big Thunder Mountain at Disney World. It has great theme and is very smooth.
I'm not sure if any of the other BTM rides are vekoma, but the two in the US are not.

I don't even understand where that information came from. RCDB doesn't say vekoma, and I know that the one in WDW was made by MAPO, part of disney. The same company that made WDW's Space Mountain.

Well I learned alot from this thread, did not know alot of the disney coasters were Vekomas. Well they seem to be improving themselves then but I absolutly loved Expedition everest and it's actually one of my favorite coasters so I guess I vote for that. Someone mentioned that one or all the Big thunder mountain rides are also Vekoma and I love them too.

That's right, and I'm almost positive the old one wasn't Vekoma either.

However, the one in Disneyland Paris IS a Vekoma, so they may have meant that.

I really liked all the Big Thunder Mountain rides and the giant SLC is a lot of fun.

Definatly Big Thunder Mountain at Disney World. It has great theme and is very smooth.
I'm not sure if any of the other BTM rides are vekoma, but the two in the US are not.

I don't even understand where that information came from. RCDB doesn't say vekoma, and I know that the one in WDW was made by MAPO, part of disney. The same company that made WDW's Space Mountain.

Hong Kong's Space Mountain is listed as Vekoma so who knows. Also, Disneyland Paris' Big Thunder is in fact a Vekoma, so it's easy to just assume the others were as well (which they are not, but that's not the point lol).