TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favourite Vekoma!

So Vekoma are pretty terrible... at everything almost... but come on, surely there must be *one* shining star in the Vekoma bedpan of coaster design?

Which is your 'That wasnt so bad' or 'It could have been worse' ride?

Could they possibly be worse than Arrow?

Hell, you could have crashed the car on the way to ride your 'That wasnt so bad' Vekoma!

What do you think??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Vekoma has to be Déjà Vu at SFMM. I really liked it and I didn't think it was rough at all. I thought it was much better than a normal boomerang and it was much better than Kong... That's not saying much though.

I really think that the GIBs are Vekoma's Shinning stars, but I haven't been on any newer Vekomas.

With out a doubt for me it is Expedition Everest.

I know the theming is amazing & makes a large part of the ride experiance. However for it's 'technology' of the ride i.e the reversing part & it's smooth ride make it my favourite.

I would say in second place, it Stunt Fall at WBMW Madrid / Parque Warner

I thought Kumali at Flamingoland is a good Vekoma coaster. I rode it the year it opened and it seemed like a really good, and suprisingly smooth ride. I'd probably put Velocity at Flamingoland in second place.

Andrew

My favorite Vekoma has to be Déjà Vu at SFMM. I really liked it and I didn't think it was rough at all. I thought it was much better than a normal boomerang and it was much better than Kong... That's not saying much though.

I really think that the GIBs are Vekoma's Shinning stars, but I haven't been on any newer Vekomas.

I agree with that, but CGA's Invertigo stood out more to me as breaking the Vekoma standard for pain. It was an intense ride, but there was no head banging whatsoever!

I loved RnR at Hollywood Studios. Also, though, I really enjoy my local Flying Dutchman, aka Firehawk. Even though I can watch only the top set of wheels spin along the track (as the bottom set are a solid inch away from the rails...), the ride still somehow maintains a smooth, deceivingly fast ride.

...And I love the vertical loop in the back row.

I think both of the KI Vekomas (Firehawk & Invertigo) are decent. In fact, they are probably two of the best coasters in the park!

Also, Sidewinder at Hersheypark was okay...for a boomerang.

Mind Eraser at SFA only hurt my head one time. I dont know what I do to keep it from hurting so much but that ride is always fun for me. Probably cause I have a big head

BATWING at SFA is my favorite and would be even better if it had better ride ops.

Also Two Face was fun, hopefully it doesn't get removed so I can ride it again as that was my 1st and only boomerang coaster!!!