TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone always make fun of "pop"?? I was born with pop, always called it pop, and it will always be pop, damn it!!!

Must be a Lake Erie secret between Canada and the States? Apparently, no one says "pop" except for Western New Yorkers, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and maybe Michigan!

"There's a place I know in Ontario, where the sea lions kiss, so the story goes. It's amazin' shows and Friendship Cove...everyone looooooves Marineland (and pop)!!!!

You can spin and dive and soar real high - a roller coaster ride, we're flyin' to the sky! Now you know what you say when you leave here today...everyone loooooves Marineland (and Sky Screamer and Topple Tower and......FRIGGIN' POP!")

Believe me, this commercial gets old real quick...I almost hate Marineland because they show them on Buffalo television channels almost every commercial break!

I do love these updates. I can't believe they finally built the mountain part for Dragon Mountain. That took, um, forever! They don't seem to be too quick to do anything at that park.

I hope people enjoyed their Elissa Bingo prizes from the Dollar Store in Cockysville. It's the quality Dollar Store, not the dumpy one that sits between a check cashing place and a liquor store.

It does suck that the giant pile of home pregnancy tests was gone, though, as they would have made awesome prizes. And because a situation like that is clearly something that you want to trust something from the Dollar Store to help you out with...

dt

Why does everyone always make fun of "pop"?? I was born with pop, always called it pop, and it will always be pop, damn it!!!

Must be a Lake Erie secret between Canada and the States? Apparently, no one says "pop" except for Western New Yorkers, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and maybe Michigan!

"There's a place I know in Ontario, where the sea lions kiss, so the story goes. It's amazin' shows and Friendship Cove...everyone looooooves Marineland (and pop)!!!!

You can spin and dive and soar real high - a roller coaster ride, we're flyin' to the sky! Now you know what you say when you leave here today...everyone loooooves Marineland (and Sky Screamer and Topple Tower and......FRIGGIN' POP!")

Believe me, this commercial gets old real quick...I almost hate Marineland because they show them on Buffalo television channels almost every commercial break!

We say "pop" here. In fact, I didn't realize that it was a regional thing until a few months ago. When I'd see famous people saying "soda", I always thought they said it just to sound smart. Guess not.

Is that the smoke monster from "Lost" making its way toward the coaster? I wish I had stuck around to see that!

By the way, you're all wrong. The correct word for soda/pop is "tonic." I call it "soda," though. Only because I like to sound intelligent like famous people.

marineland10_123.jpg.59f8150c72f1ded4a97de62c1cccd257.jpg

I am totally looking for my Dragon Mountain pics from my trip when I was 14!!!! WOW, the trees really filled in, but gosh, they are SLOW in everything else. Always wondered what all that scafolding was. By the time they're done, they'll build a Morgan to replace half of it.

Loved this last trip report, KT is just wracking up credits! She'll pass me soon. lol

Dennis "still hasn't riden Dania Beach Hurricane after 7 years"

^^ By the time they build the next Dragon Mountain addition, they'll all have been rescued and signed book deals!

Fixed that for ya.

Also accurate for the reason that the deer will have to overtake the entire continent sometime within the next ten years...

How do you think we feel over here? Literally as I'm typing this, the very same commercial is playing in the background behind me!

Dan "Props for the new version, though!" Smith

Red: Obama

Yellow: McCain

Blue: PMW

Hmm, I think you have New England and California a bit wrong.

Great updates, as usual.

I still can't believe I've never been to this area despite living only a few hours away during college.

I tried to stop using the word "pop" on the trip since I just got some cofused looks haha

I love seeing other people enjoy Dragon Mountain. It was my first looping coaster at 8 years old. Mr. Holer is definitely putting most of the money into the core marine exhibits with the world's largest aquarium being built (When that will be done is anyone's guess) and putting in new rides and attractions that no one else really has in the area. Not sure who else has a topple tower or condor in the immediate area. The park has a cool laid back atmosphere with all the open space. How awesome would a GCI woodie be using that terrain?

Wooaw, marineland looks Cool! I like the dragon mountain Coaster and awsome lifthill. Only the white mountain theming doesnt looks that niCe. But if I had to Choose, I would have builded the track in the Niagara Falls clove. It spares the park a lot of money and time. Our am I thinking to simple?

Dennis "still hasn't riden Dania Beach Hurricane after 7 years"

::Gasp:: We must meet up to ride it. I freaking love that ride!

You know I pass by that coaster every day and say "I need to ride that thing again!" But then I have my "gym mist" on me, so I need to go home and shower!

Terry