TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not surprised to hear that Superman wasnt running at its best last year. When we rode it in june were actually a bit dissappointed after our first ride. Perhaps our expectations were a bit high because our first thought on the brakerun was "thats it?". Still, we had a crapload of fun on it through the day, it just wasnt quite up there with rides like El Toro and Storm Runner.

Great pictures! Theres nothing like a train full of happy riders with their arms in the air.

--Yngve "I have been on both S&S Sky Swatters and I love them" Oestbye

I think the caption and the photo didn't quite make sense. If it had said, "Farewell Philadelphia! Next stop- NYC and Coney Island!" then the photo would have made sense. It's just that the caption led me to believe that the picture of the city was NYC...

I have changed the caption to exactly what you said. Please let me know if there are any other captions you would like changed. Just give me what the caption should be and I'll replace it.

Sorry that one caption caused so much confusion.

After many hours and hours of work I put into those updates and the videos, I *really* didn't think it would be that big of a deal nor would it break the story of the update.

As I can see, I was wrong.

In the future, I do apologize if it takes even LONGER to put up the updates as I see I now have to focus test them with a random selection people first to make sure there are no captions that are confusing or misleading and then I can have the updates go live.

--Robb "Just trying to make TPR a better place for everyone!" Alvey

This....Made....My....Day!!

Well, actually the above quote and the AWESOME flashback to last summer with the update. I'm at my office giggling over my desk as I type. Can't freaking wait until July!

David

^The fact I won't see you on this years trip is making me cry! Ok not really since apparently I have no feelings.

Robb, great updates as always! It's great to relive the memories of the trip.

^Wrong!

It's only fun 19-20 hours a day. The other four or five we sleep.

You got four or five? My sleeping consisted of whatever I could do on the bus. That was hard enough since everyone on the bus is having a great time as well. I think I averaged maybe three hours of sleep a night.

^The fact I won't see you on this years trip is making me cry! Ok not really since apparently I have no feelings.

Robb, great updates as always! It's great to relive the memories of the trip.

^Wrong!

It's only fun 19-20 hours a day. The other four or five we sleep.

You got four or five? My sleeping consisted of whatever I could do on the bus. That was hard enough since everyone on the bus is having a great time as well. I think I averaged maybe three hours of sleep a night.

You're doing it wrong. You slept on the bus? Sleeping is what happens after the trip is over.

I love the update, Robb! I agree with David that it completely made my day. I'll miss you on the trip this year, David (because I have feelings unlike Scott ). This update made me even more excited for August!!

Is it just me or is that an OBSCENE amount of pickles? Did you guys even come close to eating them all? Didn't they know it wasn't an ACE event?

I guess SFNE thought TPR stood for "The Pickle Rapers"...or "Those Pickle-eating Retards"...

...or "Thousand Pickle Requesters"... In any event, I agree, that IS a lot of pickles!

G "I know Jason Montegut" Money

This....Made....My....Day!!

Well, actually the above quote and the AWESOME flashback to last summer with the update. I'm at my office giggling over my desk as I type. Can't freaking wait until July!

David

Did you get a flashback to the point where you said to scan the griffon on-ride photo?

I have been waiting for this update! Loved the Boulder Dash POV, although it is hard to really tell on the video how insane that ride was running. We are talking another level of awesome. That was one heck of a day, a morning with Superman and finish it of with a Boulder Dash marathon.

I have to say I was extremely impressed with that Boulder Dash footage. I've watched that coaster so many times on Youtube it's not even funny, but for some reason, TPR videos are always the best.

I can kind of see why they want to put trims on the ride. That thing was going just super fast for a large part of the "return trip." I just hope to ride it again before the trims go up!

^Please do! I'm sure I'll never get to ride it again before they add trims, but that really was my surprise coaster of the trip!

Then again, I never really researched the coasters before any of the trips, so I like the surprise. I remember seeing it going through the trees and made sure I waited until it was night before my first ride. I was not disappointed.

Great job again Robb, as always!! Oh and Elissa too.

Has anyone ridden Boulder Dash this year that rode it last year? Here's hoping that they didn't 'hurt' it over the off-season. It was still hauling in the cooler weather back in October.....just amazing!

Robb, awesome updates again. Thank you!

Cheers,

Jason