TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

Judging from some background noise that I was occationally privvy to by shear accident and from reading over David's shoulder in the MidWest threads, I think it can be said that that certain person was the exception and not the norm.

(Might be getting off topic a little, so please forgive me in advance)

Ya see... My personality, I think, is unique in this day and age. Every single person that I encounter starts with my respect and my trust. They then whittle away at it over time. Now that someone who had completely whittled away my trust has been removed from the equasion, I can move on and concentrate on how best to move in someone else's life or how to let someone else move in my life.

Ok. Done being off topic.

Kerry, I miss you so much. I wish we'd had more time to really bond and chitchat more.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Ditto, my friend! You never know, there is an MRI position open in Savannah...I already checked!

Overall, the people, the ERT, the experience in general is awesome. Robb and Elissa, thank you for all of the work you do to allow us to accompany you on your kick a$$ vacations!

Hersheypark was the worst day. I'm not sure why it took so long, but we ended up getting back to the two coasters at about 9:15. Even still I took 3 rides on Fahrenheit and 7 on Storm Runner in about 30 minutes.

And that morning ERT session was still really good considering that Hershey had two major Intamin coasters running multiple trains at the same time. A lot of people, myself included, were done far before the session was over and used the last few minutes of the session to walk over towards other stuff.

I just want to add that I was SHOCKED at how many people I saw lingering in the midways during ERT. I know a few friends heard my tirades. I made it a point to marathon most ERTs, and I don't recall seeing the aforementioned "complainers" pulling any last-minute ERT musical-chairs. So, poo on complainers.

My Boulder Dash bruise has just about faded away though, which makes me sad.

I feel your none pain too. I got a bashing from multiple rides on the Silver Comet & Ravine Flyer II on my left ribs after scouting a seat most laps. Its been a great constant reminder of how awesome everything was. But the pain has started to die down and I can no longer go to sleep in pain with a smile

I'm still sorting through my pics to get the good coaster shots. Unfortunately, all my videos pretty much sucked and are not worthy to be posted. BUT, I thought I would post these pics. Apparently we aren't the only ones that love David.

Oh.. Just for edification... The aviary is not lame.

davidloricage5.JPG.a7bab0daeff6e14d748a8394488cf7b1.JPG

Did I mention that I am a REALLY REALLY big lori slut?

davidloricage4.JPG.5a01f8b06c305de6fdea375f5acea1e7.JPG

Tee Hee... I'm a lori slut...

davidloricage3.JPG.869e4ea4df3b94f92158a62528bae58b.JPG

Whoa! A Threesome! Rock on!

davidloricage2.JPG.bff06ae68b3089c98b0370c11711ec5b.JPG

Yah.... There we go... Come to papa

davidloricage1.JPG.54eddbaa7a4c677e5032716bbd8a77ea.JPG

Maybe I'll get one to come to me...

Hersheypark was the worst day. I'm not sure why it took so long, but we ended up getting back to the two coasters at about 9:15. Even still I took 3 rides on Fahrenheit and 7 on Storm Runner in about 30 minutes.

That is pretty standard at Hersheypark. Any ERT I have ever been a part of there has been late. If you started only 15 minutes late, then you did pretty good.

My last was Storm Runners first season and we only got the last 5 minutes of our session in.

I still don't understand the whole people complaining about ERT being late.

Wasn't it Axel who was screaming at Hershey Park, "Let's Go!"? He almost got shot! Seriously, even though it was a bit late, I received all the rides I wanted. I did multiple rides on both, hung out with my peoples, got food, and still managed to ride a few more times!

All in all, the ERT was amazing and far surpassed last years amazing ERT on the Midwest trip. Hell, even 30 minutes of ERT was more than enough at some parks and I'd rather have some than non at all.

You know I pass by that coaster every day and say "I need to ride that thing again!" But then I have my "gym mist" on me, so I need to go home and shower!

Terry

I lived in Hallendale for a short time, and while down there, I passed it almost every day going to FLL. Now that I'm in Pointsettia Heights, and work in a local bar just north of downtown, I never get down that way.

BTW, how's that White Party bod coming along?!?!?!? hehehe.

I just want to add that I was SHOCKED at how many people I saw lingering in the midways during ERT. I know a few friends heard my tirades. I made it a point to marathon most ERTs, and I don't recall seeing the aforementioned "complainers" pulling any last-minute ERT musical-chairs. So, poo on complainers.

^Amen!!! I told people on a few different ERT sessions that the ride ops were going to have to drag my cold, dead carcass off of the coaster. (That's why we had to run to the bus several times!) I tried to hang in there until the last call. Even when it hurt, that just meant I couldn't hold my arms up the last few trains...I may have had to actually hold on, but I was still there!!

Amen!!! I told people on a few different ERT sessions that the ride ops were going to have to drag my cold, dead carcass off of the coaster. (That's why we had to run to the bus several times!) I tried to hang in there until the last call. Even when it hurt, that just meant I couldn't hold my arms up the last few trains...I may have had to actually hold on, but I was still there!!

Kerry, I will forever remember our time on Great White! It hurt so good! lol How many times did we end up on that?

Like most, I used ERT to the fullest extent possible. But not always, there were times where one or two quality rides in the front and back was more than sufficient in a 30 minute window.

Wasn't it Axel who was screaming at Hershey Park, "Let's Go!"?

Yup! And if it ever comes down to only a few seats left to fill on a trip, these are the kinds of things that will go into our descision process of who fills them.

I don't recall seeing the aforementioned "complainers" pulling any last-minute ERT musical-chairs.

That was the obnoxious thing about it. Many times the people who were complaining that ERT was 5 minutes late were some of the first people to drop out after only a few rides. WTF?

Because nobody is ever back there the first 30-45 minutes the park is open.

And that really is one of the main points for ERT. It's not just about getting the ride open an extra hour for you, it's being back in the park before the park open, so when that 10:00 park opening time hits, you'll be much closer to other rides before the public gets there.

Canada's Wonderland was a great example, I think most of our group got in something like 8 or 9 credits between our ERT coasters and the first hour of park opening because we had ERT on a lot of coasters and we beat the crowd to the next ones.

Overall, I can't stress enough....if you're on a trip and see ERT starting a little late, don't shout at the park staff or come poke your tour organizer...otherwise that may be your last TPR trip!

--Robb

if you're on a trip and see ERT starting a little late, don't shout at the park staff or come poke your tour organizer...otherwise that may be your last TPR trip!

--Robb

Can we poke you just for the sake of poking you, rather than to complain about ERT.

I have been on two trips where ERT ended up being just 5 minutes on a ride(Baco and Big Thunder). Both of those times we got to ride the coaster a few times before it opened to a ginormous line. Same thing happened on Silver Star.

5 minutes is better than none at all.

THe park trying is better than them flat out saying no.

Going to a park that flat out said no is better than not going to the park at all.

I still don't understand the whole people complaining about ERT being late.

Wasn't it Axel who was screaming at Hershey Park, "Let's Go!"? He almost got shot!

[sarcasm]I'm sure he got mega points for being a representing TPR members so well.[/sarcasm] It's not that serious. But then I've said that TPR trips aren't for everyone and conversely everyone isn't for the TPR trips. Looking at the thread, sounds like some people need to take breaks from the trips and do some personality reconstruction. Don't let your flaws come out like that and for heavens sake take a chill pill! ERT is a perk of the trips, and even if they don't go as scheduled (such as a ride down, or they have trouble getting the ride up on time), you just politely deal with it because MOST OF ALL you are representing TPR to the parks. Do Robb and Elissa a favor and be on your best behavior at all times and do what they ask of you. If you look good, they look good and they can continue to offer these great perks to you. You "show out" at the parks, then... well you know the rest.

Sometimes things don't go as planned, just take a deep breath and take them as they go. I know I've vastly different on the trips than in "real life"--I have fun, and enjoy things during the trip because I'm slowing down to see the sights and I have no plans. At home, I'm running myself ragged doing 5 things at once (none well) and I get slightly cranky with people. Recently I turned off my instant messenger because I can't be bothered with anyone's drama! So if you haven't seen me online, now ya know.

I told people on a few different ERT sessions that the ride ops were going to have to drag my cold, dead carcass off of the coaster. (That's why we had to run to the bus several times!)

I'm not into running, so I made sure I enough time to get to the bus after ERT. I could use that time use the restroom or get a few last minute pics in. There were a few times were people wanted to stay until the end, but I'm too cheap to try to find alternative transportation to the next park because I wanted to ride a coaster one more time. Besides I didn't want anyone yelling at me for showing up late!

BTW, how's that White Party bod coming along?!?!?!? hehehe.

LOL! I'm training with the lesbians and I'm bulking up! I'm close to 190 now. To get a comparison, goto to my Europe TPR and find the statue pic with me in my jeans. See how baggie they are? Well I'm filling them back up with plenty of waist room. (Crossing Fingers) Care Resource is assigning me back to the talent area again this year, so if you go to the White Party or any of the events, you'll probably see me darting around. I really want to work the Welcome Center; it was fun hitting on (and getting hit on by) the cute guys under the guise of filling out questionaires!

Anyway, I missed hanging out with the peeps from last year's Midwest Trip (Miss you guys! Post or send me pics of you having fun!), but Europe was calling my name! Maybe I'll catch you guys next year. Aside from the complaining bit, I know you guys had a blast!

or come poke your tour organizer...otherwise that may be your last TPR trip!

--Robb

Can I pinch your butt instead?

Terry

Ahh the ERT was amazing. Those complainers should be glad they got any tbh, because those of us not on the trip didn't get any.. the whole year.. besides when SFNE was empty and we whored S:RoS..

Again, it was nice meeting all of you.. those who I did meet that is. I was that lovely half black guy at Hershey in case you forgot, as the trip was rather.. 'tint' challenged.

Kerry, I will forever remember our time on Great White! It hurt so good! lol How many times did we end up on that?

Like most, I used ERT to the fullest extent possible. But not always, there were times where one or two quality rides in the front and back was more than sufficient in a 30 minute window.

I have no concept of how many times we rode Great White, but it was incredible!! (Does that count as a Jason credit? ) I would say it was about a dozen rides...wonderful! I just hate that I missed the screaming swing afterward due to my confusion over where everyone was...but I still had fun on the Boardwalk!

I agree with Moose, any ERT is fantastic and any park time is better than none. I love to ride a coaster for the first time from the front row, but I learned on ERT to just get a ride in any seat first. Then try the front, back and somewhere in the middle as many times as possible. And if you get a seat with no one else in line...stay put!!! The elbow to the front crowd for the first ride can have that seat, I just want to get as many rides in as possible!

And Terrance, I really was hoping to meet you on this trip. Hopefully next year, but I can understand the pull of the Europe trip. I'm hoping to try something abroad year after next for me.

I also did not want to take a chance on missing the bus. I believe Robb was within my sight range at any of the run to the bus occasions...I figured if I could keep up with him, I should be fine. Although I really missed that last restroom break before leaving Coney Island!! I persevered though and waited the three hours to the hotel!! I then made that a priority at some point just before leaving from then on!!

^Haha, the Great White ERT was hilarious! I really didn't like the ride much, but for some reason still clocked in God-knows how many rides! It was always a case of "well, why not just one more time...?" It was just so funny when Luke and I decided "OK, we'll ride this wheel seat cause they want a full train, and it'll just be once", we get totally beat up, come back saying "never, ever again", and then they "kindly" give a re-ride without unlocking the restraints! Haha, love it!

And I'm totally there with you on the marathon, must prize me off this coaster with a crow-bar attitude to ERT! Boulder Dash was a prime example, just sat in that back car with Kimmy for God-knows how long, not budging! And then Talon! OMG, the Talon ERT session was probably my favourite, that was the biggest blast ever!

And I think I must just be slow, or naive, or both, cause I seriously didn't notice anyone complaining about ERT at all, haha! But, I didn't even notice ERT was late, the joys of my watch saying it was 8 for the whole trip! Also, people were all "yeah, certain people are being bitchy" and I was like... "really? I've not noticed anything". Haha! Or maybe I was just having too much fun and blacked out any complaints that may have fell on my ears.

And the Screamin' Swing ride and re-ride after Great White was awesome! I'm so glad I got to do it... free!

Besides The Axel Show before ERT on Boulderdash, I really don't remember anyone complaining about the ERT starting late.

Speaking of Boulderdash, I thought we got our entire session, no? I remember it being shut down briefly while the park was still open, although very near closing time. This is when Axel went into his (most memorable) tirade. It didn't matter though, that ERT session was the standard which I compared the rest of the ERT sessions.

ERT on Phoenix was interesting for me since I had taken a cold medicine and realized afterward that it wasn't a 'daytime' formula. Needless to say, I was there with everyone physically, but certainly not mentally!

^ aaaaaaaah, theming, at least something our European amusement parks can be proud of... I'd say our themings are often better than at US parks, but most of our parks have 1 or 2 good coasters whereas you sometimes have 10 good ones at your parks... Maybe we should start trading: some of your coasters against our theming skills