TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

I haven't been to DL since 2002. It doesn't really seem like all that much has changed. Predator still looks like it would give a great ride, but instead shakes you badly. RoS still packs a lot of airtime. It used to be my number 1, then I rode a few more coasters. And ranger still squishes and cages you. I doubt my stomach would even allow me to ride that now.

Thanks for the update Robb.

To put in my two cents:

NESupes>EGF >>>>>> RoS

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of my self-fulfilled boob-credit as seen in the picture, I noticed while doing laundry today that the elastic in the strap of my FAVORITE BRA - yes, the one I was wearing on Predator - had broken.

If that's not t!t jiggling, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

-Natalie "Darien Lake owes my girls a new home" Visage

Natalie, I think you may have hit on a new product for the TPR Store--official TPR Sports Bras! Official TPR Cups, suitable for protection on Intamin "bicycle seat" drop towers and Togo stand-up coasters, would be a great companion product for the guys.

That was amazing and Ride Of Steel must kick a$$! Is it better than Expedition Geforce?

Well, I guess if you're the type that prefers two big helices over airtime and great laterals, then maybe yes. But, otherwise nope. Also, EGF has much, much better restraints than Ride of Steel (Darien Lake) does.

Thanks for the answer, did you ride both of them?

Yessir. I rode Ride of Steel (Darien Lake) last year and EGF this year.

Natalie, I think you may have hit on a new product for the TPR Store--official TPR Sports Bras! Official TPR Cups, suitable for protection on Intamin "bicycle seat" drop towers and Togo stand-up coasters, would be a great companion product for the guys.

Only if TPR thongs are also added.

Falafel and I met up with the East Coast trip yesterday at SFGAdv. Much fun was had. Thanks for the awesome ERT and good times, Robb, Elissa, and everyone on the trip. Everyone we met was cool and fun to talk to, and thanks to all of you that commented on our Elissa Bingo video. Photos to follow...

dt

Calling all flats/Darien Lake experts out there. Is Ranger/"Banger" the old looping whatchamacallit from Boardwalk & Baseball? I hadn't seen one of those things since.....um....well.....the last time I went to B&B (odd, huh?).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can drop some knowledge on me in the flats department.

BeemerBoy Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calling all flats/Darien Lake experts out there. Is Ranger/"Banger" the old looping whatchamacallit from Boardwalk & Baseball? I hadn't seen one of those things since.....um....well.....the last time I went to B&B (odd, huh?).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can drop some knowledge on me in the flats department

Well, I dont know much knowledge on Boardwalk and Baseball, but I can assure you that our Huss Ranger was new. Back in the 80's, we were the showcase park in North America for Huss. Hence we we have all of those flats no one else seems to have.

Additionally during this time, Arrow and Huss were basically one company, that is way we got the Viper.

Yeah our Ranger was deffinatley installed new in 1982.

BeemerBoy,

Good Call!

The 1982 date confirmed it for me. The name for that ride (when I rode it at the Texas State Fair in the early 80's) was indeed the "Looping Star". I still have many good memories of that ride, even after 20+ years.

The Looping Star coaster was also one of my first inversions. I rode it when was a "traveling coaster" also at the State Fair of Texas.

My reference to BemmerBoy's question was in regards to the "Ranger" flat ride in the DL pics. In the early 80's it was called the "Looping Star" and was one of the featured rides at the State Fair a couple of years after the coaster by the same name.

Those pics brought back some fun memories. Crazy thing is, I can remember the ride expierence exactly, for some reason we laughed hysterically every time we rode it. And aside form the different name, from the colors to the cages,it looks just like the one I remember riding.

Thanks for the double-blast from the past.

That's actually not a bad idea. I can see it now: "Natatomic approved!"

But drop tower and stand-ups aren't much of a problem for girls. Or, at least, not my girls, though I'd imagine I could speak for most women on this topic. No, it's mainly woodies that get my boobs a bouncin'.

That's what she said.

You would have to add TPR cups for Acrophobia style drop towers so you don't leave the guys out of new merchandise.

Although some guys may buy the sports bras anyway...

EDIT: Yeh I'm an idiot and can't read and I'll leave this post as is for all to see my stupidity!

And I'll add that this was a great update from Robb since I forgot that as well!

Too bad you guys had to leave Great Adventure early. At least you got the morning ert on El Toro

Luko forgot to mention that we have worked it out so anyone who wants to go back to Great Adventure on Saturday can do so. Many people in our group had already been there before so it wasn't a total loss. Bummer when rain happens, yes, but lucky that it was a park that wasn't new for most people and we have the option to get back for those that haven't been before.

--Robb

natatomic wrote:

No, it's mainly woodies that get my boobs a bouncin'.

Insert any random sexual pun here.

Guy "Insert + woodies = boobs a bouncin." Koepp

For some reason this whole exchange (heh...exchange...) rememinded me of the time Guy auctioned off body parts for charity at some water park.

What about....the TPR Speedo? Granted, the TPR thong idea is a good one, because at the end of the trip you'll be riding high and can say "Thongs for the memories..."