TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland ticket prices to increase starting tomorrow!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Southern California, Vons markets have 3-Day Park Hopper tickets for $99. I don't know if you have to have the Vons Club card, but they're on the gift card rack.

All three days must be used within 45 days of first use, and first use must be by August 30, 2008.

Eric

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH NO MORE PRICE increases!!!

why would they do it during a time where we are in a somewhat recession

my AP has been going up more and more every year and its getting sad with how little you get especially with how they decided to increase the prices on food and also give smaller portions

^The weaker value of the dollar+higher price=more money from an increase in international visitors.

As Eric mentioned, locals can still get a great deal from Vons and Disney stores. I suspect they will probably launch a new locals promotion as well.

I have no issues with the price increase.

Disney is always going to raise prices every year, that's the cost of doing business. Granted Disneyland has not added a major e-ticket attraction in over a Decade!!! So they have been milking this fat cash-cow for all its worth. But Disneyland still offers a lot of value for what you pay for, between unique attractions, parades, fireworks etc...

I'll continue to renew my annual pass year after year. For myself its money well spent on a little escapism as well as rest and relaxation.

Also if I recall correctly, the last time I saw the pricing board at the Disneyland ticket booth, it showed the park hopper price in hugh bold letters in the center of the board. Whereas the individual park price was almost hidden in the lower corner of the board.

As a occasional out-of-state visitor, it doesn't bother me.

What they need to do is get rid of that So Cal Discount. THAT'S what fills the park up with obnoxious locals and takes away from any ambience the place has.

If you live in So Cal, get an ANNUAL PASS, or pay what the rest of us pay! Those discounts probably bring in 80% of the obnoxious people that just fill the park with stupidity. The place would be much more enjoyable if it weren't choked with hordes of So Cal locals.

If I lived in So Cal, I would be an annual AP holder, no doubt. And I would not be happy with those discounts for the rest of the riff-raff who can't even pay full-price for one day...

I really don't mean to offend (I think most people on here know what I'm really saying)....but if the park had mostly AP holders and tourists, wouldn't it be 100% more enjoyable?

^ Be glad you don't know the Disneyland AP crowd too well. I'd take the so called "riff-raff" over the pASS HOLders any day. Imagine the worst stereotypical ACE member, times 3 and you have a lot of the people that own premium passes to the park.

It really doesn't effect me either way, I knew I couldn't afford to renew my pass this year so I didn't as I'd rather have that $400 go else where for now. I'll probably get a new pass sometime in the next year and I'll happily pay for whatever they are asking as long as they keep up the maintenance of the park and continue to add great things (attractions, shows, and parades) that are worth my money.

Oh my, $69 for a single day adult ticket? $59 for a child ticket?

From the article, it said that in September 2007 the prices for a one day adult admission was $63. Now, only 11 months later, it's almost $70! I love Disney parks and I love what they have to offer to families, but this is getting ridiculous! I wonder if this new price increase applies to DCA as well... because if it did, attendance at DCA will decrease dramatically. Not many people are going to be paying $70 to go to a theme park that is half under construction with less than 4 major E ticket there!

^ Be glad you don't know the Disneyland AP crowd too well. I'd take the so called "riff-raff" over the pASS HOLders any day. Imagine the worst stereotypical ACE member, times 3 and you have a lot of the people that own premium passes to the park.

It really doesn't effect me either way, I knew I couldn't afford to renew my pass this year so I didn't as I'd rather have that $400 go else where for now. I'll probably get a new pass sometime in the next year and I'll happily pay for whatever they are asking as long as they keep up the maintenance of the park and continue to add great things (attractions, shows, and parades) that are worth my money.

I'll take ACE-type dorks over kids who talk really loud (often in indeciperable languages) on the dark rides, jump lines, curse loudly, and are generally a nuisance to families. The ACE-ers types may annoy you, but they have a general respect for the park and are there for the right reasons.

^Next time you're there, ask a cast member who they would rather deal with. pASSholders are really bad. They probably do more to disrupt operations than any obnoxious kid ever could.

I find the price increases to be kinda funny. I mean, think about it. This is the most expensive park in SoCal (ticket and pass wise), and yet also gets the fullest. If the families and Locals stopped paying to get into the park, Disney would be forced to lower prices. But hey, GP (and even some enthusiasts) are rather stupid and believe paying $70 for a day, and then spending the entire trip waiting in line for 1 or 2 rides, is great. Granted, there's decent theming in the park, but as someone pointed out earlier, the crowds choke out a lot of the atmosphere. I say protest the ticket rise by not buying a ticket (maybe not going to the park at all).

But hey, who am I

I'd pay just to get in, ride Space Mountain and Indy. Fantastic place...check out my thread and you'll change your mind about the prices.

-J 'Best park experience in every category...' Z

It wears off fast. I have only been to various Disney parks MAYBE 20 times, and I can't stand them anymore, its more like an inconvenience.

This makes me laugh---no one seems to be annoyed to pay the big bucks for a two-hour concert and all of the food and merchandise that goes along with that, but for an entire day at a theme park it's too expensive, etc.

Who said that a theme park should be "cheap?" If you want the quality of the experience to remain high, then you have to pay the price.

Cheap season passes are how SFMM gets the "riff raff" in there. I told Jay Thomas personally that I'd pay $200 for the now $125 Xtreme Play Pass because that would still be a good deal. (Not surprisingly, he said, "I like your thinking.")

Honestly, I do take advantage of the SoCal discounts, and will very likely pick up one of the 3-Day Park Hoppers that I mentioned earlier. But if discounts disappeared, I'd simply go less often. By going less often, I'll just have to enjoy the experience all the more.

See, you don't guzzle fine wine, or scarf down fine cheese or chocolate. You savor them. Ditto for Disneyland.

Eric

^Exactly! While I don't like the price hikes, I don't hate them either. And at a park like Disneyland where it is mostly locals that support the place, you can still get a So-Cal select annual pass (good for 170 pre-selected days) for $134 so it's not like loaclas only have the $400 option to get into the park more then a few times.

I'll take ACE-type dorks over kids who talk really loud (often in indeciperable languages) on the dark rides, jump lines, curse loudly, and are generally a nuisance to families. The ACE-ers types may annoy you, but they have a general respect for the park and are there for the right reasons.

As opposed to the ones I'm talking about who try to push passed you since they have a premium pass and feel entitled, regardless that you have one too. Yell and curse at the ride hosts (definitely disrupting my day) because "It's not the way Walt would have done it" or "there was a piece of trash in the queue" that there "little angel" just threw down, or "The line was too long" or "it's too hot" or "*insert animatronic* was a half milisecond off, ruining my ride" and demanding to go again? And yeah, sadly all of the above and more is what I have encountered over the two years that I had my pass.

It wears off fast. I have only been to various Disney parks MAYBE 20 times, and I can't stand them anymore, its more like an inconvenience.

To you maybe, but I can think of many other Disney boards with twice as many people as this site that say otherwise. They also say the same thing about big roller coasters. Not everything in life is going to be geared toward you and I would hope you don't assume that if you don't like something or the "magic" wore off for you that it will for everyone else.

See, you don't guzzle fine wine, or scarf down fine cheese or chocolate. You savor them. Ditto for Disneyland.

I binge on fine cheese and fine beer all the time

yeah, I don't really mind the prices that much, especially when - in the grand scheme of a Disney trip - a few bucks doesn't change much.

This won't stop me from going. I try to visit Disneyland for 2 days every year. Disney is expensive but its well worth it. Who knows maybe this is a sign that Disneyland is preparing for their next big E ticket attraction & the new Tomorrowland 2010 & to also help moving things along w/the new California Adventure makeover. Disney made a smart decision.

WDW's Magic Kingdom and Disneyland in California are the world's #1 and #2 amusement parks by attendance, respectively. That alone tells me they have room to raise their prices. I say, go for it, Disney!

I would hope that most locals that hit up Disneyland are aware of the discounts to the park, like Ralph's and Costco. I think the price increase would hit people who hit up the park on a spur of the moment type thing.

Awesome! So the cast member wages go up by... oh wait. That'd take advantage of the rare staffing surplus to retain and reward quality too much!

Oh well, gotta make up for lower attendance somehow.

Still easily the best value though, except for a one-day DCA but it's clearly a model hoping for folks to get park-hoppers if they're going to do DCA on a single or multi-day.