TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Earthquake in California

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt it! I was just sitting at my computer and then I was like "Why is the computer screen moving?" and I stood up at started laughing. My entire house and its foundation was moving. It felt like it was floating on water. Pretty wierd to experience it, hope everyone who was closer to the quake epicenter is okay!

---Brent

If you have Verizon wireless in the Southern California you might have some problem. It Appears that that the location of the earthquake was in the the Diamond Bar area around Chino. When I felt it, I wasn't scared but more upset yet happy at the same time.

Felt of pretty strong where I am. I was laying down but went in the doorway when didn't stop. I gotta agree with Robb though, it was pretty fun. It's funny how it brings people together, all my family talking about it now and calling eachother.

CNN's Ed Lavandera was at Disneyland in Anaheim, southeast of Los Angeles, with his family and felt the temblor. He said the shaking lasted about 5 seconds.

CNN affiliate KABC is reporting that Disneyland's rides have been evacuated.

Hey, everybody got an evac credit. Woohoo.

I sure as hell felt it. First it was a quick jolt and I was like "What the hell was that?" And then the house kept shaking. Nothing damaged though.

I was watching ABC 7 and everyone at Disneyland was evacuated from the rides (and though they didn't mention it, I'm sure Knott's and Magic Mountain were affected though).

I am just glad most people here are safe.

Hey Robb, is KidTums okay?

This was the biggest and longest (yeah yeah, ha ha, I said biggest and longest) one I had ever felt. It didn't feel like much at first and I just got on the floor with KT, but then it kept going and got much stronger. I picked her up and ran over to a doorway where we sat and I waited for it to end. It did seem to last for a decent amount of time. Things shook, but nothing even fell over up here.

It did really scare me though. I just don't like the feeling of the Earth shaking and rolling underneath me. It just made me think that I have no idea if this is going to get worse, if my house is going to collapse on me, etc. If anything, it made me more ready to move back to Florida! Give me hurricanes any day!!!!

So our internet is back up. We were about 8 miles from the epicenter and we just had some books fall off bookshelves and some stuff fall out of the cupboards. No real damage though.

Come on Elissa, it was fun! Just pretend it was a gentle flat ride w/o restraints! I guess it really come down to where you were raised. I would much rather deal with an earthquake every 10 years or so than to deal with a hurricane or tornado.

It just made me think that I have no idea if this is going to get worse, if my house is going to collapse on me, etc.

That's the worst part. You never know if it's going to get more violent or what. The worrying freaks me out more than anything.

Nothing really fell here. For as "big" as it was, nothing much happened. I guess that's a good thing.

In Indiana we had a 5.4 in May, the shaking lasted 5 seconds. It didn't really scare me as much as wake me up and get me hyper for the rest of the day (went into work an hour and half early). Luckily, we didn't have much/if any damage, but a more severe one would scare me. Especially if I was at work. The building I work in is over 100 years old and is already falling apart in places.

That is one of the things I don't miss when I moved up to Oregon from Saugus. The Northridge Quake was the one that convinced the entire family that the rainy forests of Oregon were a much better environment. Now we just deal with flooding and forest fires.

But Portland does get some minor quakes and it's amusing to see how a baby, baby, quakes sends the natives screaming for doorways.

Dunno about Oregon, I was born there and while I never recall an earthquake there it is close enough to the insane fault nightmare that is Humbolt where the quakes when big enough should be pretty powerful up there, I remember vividly the quakes in the early 90's I went through where a 7.1 hit complimented by a 6.9 and 6.7 the following day and all three were felt from San Diego to Vancouver so I imagine Portland got a pretty good jolt. Wow including the 1989 and Northridge I have pretty much been through every major earthquake on the west coast that has hit in my lifetime, I guess they must follow me