TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany Discussion Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
And yet they use a Renegade construction picture on the front page too. Jeez.
I think it might be a Prowler picture. I'm not sure

Jeez. AND they have a partial Thunderbird picture on the park's home page...

Parks do this all the time, taking pics of existing rides to illustrate their own. It's not that uncommon.

At least Freizeitpark Plohn is using rides by the same manufacturer--Happy Valley used the First El Toro to advertise their GG ride...

The name of the coaster is "El Toro"

Source: www.freizeitpark-plohn.de

i don't get it — it's bad enough to blatantly steal the name of another coaster, but, honestly, i don't even think “El Toro” is a name worth stealing!

to get to the coaster itself, though: it's kind of cool to see GCI doing something a little different from their norm, i guess, but i think their “norm” is probably a lot more up my alley than this — i always think coasters need to be more twisted, not less! i'm sure it'll be a fun ride, though, especially since their does seem to be at least some of that great GCI twisty-ness, and the POV makes it look like it goes quite fast, too.

• 1 month later...
The name of the coaster is "El Toro"

Source: www.freizeitpark-plohn.de

i don't get it — it's bad enough to blatantly steal the name of another coaster, but, honestly, i don't even think “El Toro” is a name worth stealing!

They didn't steal it, Six Flags doesn't own the name, no-one does. They just named it want they felt best suited the ride. No need to get all bothered about it.

^^ Thanks for the photo's, I must say that this ride is turning out much better than I initially thought. Should be some great airtime over some of those hills.

We shot some video today and thought we would share it with you. Hope you like it. For all of you who are going to cry about not seeing a POV...this is strict orders from our customer. You'll just have to come to Plohn and ride the REAL EL TORO for yourself!

By the way, the vid is available in High Quality for those of you that can handle it! You'll get a great view of Chris's nose hair!

Jeff & Chris

We shot some video today and thought we would share it with you. Hope you like it. For all of you who are going to cry about not seeing a POV...this is strict orders from our customer. You'll just have to come to Plohn and ride the REAL EL TORO for yourself!

By the way, the vid is available in High Quality for those of you that can handle it! You'll get a great view of Chris's nose hair!

Jeff & Chris

I knew it would run fast, but that thing just flies. Looks good

Looks like it has some very nice lateral G-forces through the final turn into the brakerun. That was one of the things I really loved about Thunderbird. The laterals were so insane it was *almost* uncomfortable.

This should definately be a crowd-pleaser!