TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany Discussion Thread

I have to agree...since it's in Robb's inbox, I also want to say it's SFMM. I'm just trying to figure out where they would put it. It has way too big of a foot print to fit in Pyclone's former home unless the red station is by the midway and they plan to go out to where the new homes and Magic Mountain parkway extension will be. Hmmmm...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree...since it's in Robb's inbox, I also want to say it's SFMM. I'm just trying to figure out where they would put it. It has way too big of a foot print to fit in Pyclone's former home unless the red station is by the midway and they plan to go out to where the new homes and Magic Mountain parkway extension will be. Hmmmm...

I would appreciate a coaster instead of more housing. They are creating suburbia hell. Even the land around the park has been classified as "business offices". I think there is enough BOH area to put it in there. An expansion of the hard park and the water park would be great. We shall see.

My guess, is for Dorney park in 09 or 2010. a small coaster that will make user of the laser site or some other spot in the park, since it is a long coaster and low to the ground. and L shaped.

That is my guess. only becuase cedar fair seems to be working GCI alot.

Well, for starters, the names of the images have been changed from forellenhof_1 and forellenhof_2 to unknown_1 and unknown_2, therefore, one would have to assume that "forellenhof" must be some sort of clue/indication...

So, who is getting a GCI coaster in the near future?

- Morey's Piers: Layout already known

- CGA: Layout already known

- SFMM: Layout not known, could be! But i don't think so:

SF uses a lot of standard layouts for their coasters, especially when a manufacturer is busy with lots of projects.

Even their GCI's are an example of this behaviour: 2x Roar and Evel Knievel looks a lot like thunderbird.

- WOF: It could be!

With a bit of imagination it could fit:

But not really well. The graphics of the mistery coaster show a flat surface, and WOF has a lot of height variations.

There where also people mentioning Forellenhof Plohn. My bet is on that one.

A small park that seems to be ready for a "real" coaster. A big steel one is too expensive and nothing special. A pre-fabricated wood-coaster in Germany is also nothing special.

This design is probably not that big, but in this way a very interesting layout full of airtime and cheap to build.

Greetings Hansa /-//-\

My guess, is for Dorney park in 09 or 2010. a small coaster that will make user of the laser site or some other spot in the park, since it is a long coaster and low to the ground. and L shaped.

That is my guess. only becuase cedar fair seems to be working GCI alot.

Definitely not. Sorry.

I was trying to play off of the Ellen Hof thing, but I just couldn't find anyone by that name anywhere.

^ I highly doubt it is Dorney as they are a CF park and Cedar Fair has a lot of projects thisd year. If anything does go to Dorney in the future though I do agree it will be a woodie becuase the park only has one wooden coaster but many steels. I think that next season will be Dorneys ride to shine as Knotts got a new coaster very recently, Kings Island is getting a rumored B&M and Great America( or whatever the California park is called) is getting the new huge GCI. I am going to guess that this coaster is for SFMM due to the fact that according to the layout drawing that thing is huge while the coaster we are getting seems to be more family oriented such as Wildact at Celebration City. THis could be pretty aswesome as it looks like there will be a lot of airtime. This will almost for sure go into my favorite California woodie as my current favorite is Ghostrider. I cant wait becuase California is going to have a few great years with two new GCI's, a premier launched, and a massive DCA expansion including a new coaster.

As odd as it might sound, I don't think you can rule out Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn, http://www.rcdb.com/pd397.htm . Sure no one has heard of the park, but it looks like they have just the right spot for the coaster, the coaster would be small enough for a park like this, and it would quickly put them on the map, just like Beech Bend and Kentucky Rumbler.

The attached image is from the below google map of Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.565255,12.399595&spn=0.003192,0.002951&t=k&hl=en

forellenhof_3.bmp

Looks like it would fit nearly perfectly

I may be going WAY too deep into thought, but it's worth a shot!

The web address that Robbs clue came from was www.kidslovetravel.com, so that makes me think that this will be at a family park not is the US. I continue to break down the smaller things in the picture and I noticed that it says Chicago at the bottom. I went to rcdb.com and searched for parks near Chicago. One of the parks that I came up with was Trout Park.

Forellenhof means as much as trout farm...

Hummmm...do I see a connection?

I went on to think about some possible clues that were given.

Who is this Ellen Hof and why is she getting her own coaster?
It could mean something...or it could mean nothing....

It could mean everything...or it could be a trick....

YOU DECIDE!

Then I went to http://www.erlebnispark-forellenhof.de/ and went to "how to find us." I was lookin through the citys near the park and one of them was Hof.

I don't know about you, but signs are pointing to that park for me.

It could mean something...or it could mean nothing....

It could mean everything...or it could be a trick....

YOU DECIDE!

Maybe I'm thinking into this too much, but THIS is a riddle, and SFMM happens to be home to Riddler's Revenge. And "forellenhof" is a German word, albeit a random German word, but a German word nonetheless. German is the primary language of Austria... home of Arnold Schwartzenegger, the star of three out of the four Terminator movies (rumored theme), as well as the governor of California.

So, I'm thinking maybe this is SFMM's new coaster.

Yes, I am a total closet nerd.

My guess is the SFMM...

It was a happy day when psyclone left. It will be an even happier one when SFMM gets a real woody.

Well, do remember that Psyclone actually was a GREAT ride when it first opened. So was Colossus. To add to that so was GhostRider...

Hmmm.....

--Robb

Thank you, few people remember Psyclone in its youth with the slam you into the side of the car drop. That was such a great ride . . . briefly. And in all fairness Ghostrider doesn't quite belong in the Psyclone Colossus group yet, it still is a pretty good coaster, it's no Grizzly thats for sure (of course Grizzly is the odd man out as it was never a good coaster) whats up with the Moreys GCI looks like they are attempting a Hades like coaster.

I'm going to throw my guess out there that this coaster is going to WOF. Just don't see it fitting in anywhere at SFMM.

It was being talked about a few pages ago, when Ghostrider opened it was a great coaster! In fact Ghostrider of 2000 is still my #1 wooden coaster.