TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFGAdv Fall Crowds?

I'm looking to make a quick trip to Great Adventure to use up some expiring flight credits. I'm limited to only two weekends that work for me.

September 27th or October 10/11.

In September I can only go on Saturday since the park is closed on Friday.

In October the park is also open in the evening for their Halloween thing so I could go Friday night and Saturday.

Is the park generally crowded on the Halloween weekends? I'm only interested in rides so the Halloween thing is not an issue for me.

Suggestions?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely go the 27th! I have been to the park the last 2 years on that saturday and it is not crowded at all. Last year Kingda Ka was a 3 cycle wait, El Toro was about 15 minutes, and pretty much everything else was less than 10 minutes. The year before that it was a little more crowded but it was still awesome.

I'm looking to make a quick trip to Great Adventure to use up some expiring flight credits. I'm limited to only two weekends that work for me.

September 27th or October 10/11.

In September I can only go on Saturday since the park is closed on Friday.

In October the park is also open in the evening for their Halloween thing so I could go Friday night and Saturday.

Is the park generally crowded on the Halloween weekends? I'm only interested in rides so the Halloween thing is not an issue for me.

Suggestions?

OK our flights are booked and we have a plan (and a possible alternate)

Because of work/school issues we had to make some changes. We are flying in to Philly on Saturday 9/20 arriving at 4:30 in the afternoon. We plan to head to GADV right away (after stopping at Jim's for a quick Cheesesteak) and be in the park by 6:30 and staying till closing at 10. The next day we plan to go back to the park. When we leave the park we plan to drive back to the airport in Philly (probably grabbing another Cheesesteak on the way) and getting a few hours sleep at a hotel before catching a 6 AM flight on Monday morning.

Now for a possible alternative:

Does anyone think it would be possible to get on all the major coasters at Great Adventure in the 3 - 4 hours we will be there Saturday night? If we did get on all of them we were thinking about getting up early on Sunday and heading up to SFNE . We could leave SFNE around 6 and be at the Philly airport by midnight.

What do you guys think? Since we won't be booking a hotel in MA we have the luxury of just playing it by ear. I'm just curious about what you all think.

Also does my SFMM Extreme pass also cover parking at other parks?