TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo: TR Dixie Landin' 6/28

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. maybe you and I have different definitions of 'smooth'. I rode front and back seats on two different cars (they only had two running.. the rest were in the lot by the maintenance sheds) and it wasn't rough as in.. MegaZeph. But more like a very very jerky ride. Which I guess I can't really complain about since it's a carnival ride.

I still like it, but I HATE that last sharp bank/dip/ribpunch/bank/brake slam at the end of the ride. I got some bruises from that one. It still looks pretty!

Sidewinder was broken when I got there.. =[ What does it ride like? I'm really glad that DL is expanding as much as it is.

Sidewinder is like a HUSS Frisbee, but the riders face outwards. I think that Moser Sidewinders are better than HUSS Frisbees. I just like the sensation of facing outwards.

I've never heard of Ragin Cajun only operating with two cars before. It also takes Rajun Cajuin like 4 minutes to get to the top of the lift.

-Tatum

Tatum-

Great trip report. I loved seeing pictures of this park that is rarely talked about. Are you going to post any pictures of the waterpark? I would like to see that also.

The Spider is an Eyerly Aircraft creation. I just so happen to have the flyer of the ride up in my attic...here it is.

1768693573_Spider4.thumb.jpg.58c40f2d9525f5a1fb608cca7c384ac4.jpg

1331809126_Spider2.jpg.396cbd16d4780f82cf3514a3e96299b9.jpg

803446063_Spider3.jpg.2fe1d9fe9194424af35a97ddc855bab2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OUTSTANDING! Having only heard of the park in passing, it looks like a great place to see- despite it's unusual location. In some ways, it looks a LOT like a park I'd create in RCT2- complete with trees popping up everywhere- and the Enterprise near the entrance!

NICE job- one of the better TRs I've seen in a while!

• 1 month later...

I cant wait to hear more about the expansion! The only question I have is how people get from the park to the new section? I passed by the park last week and behind the main parking lot, they cleared out the trees! Maybe for the campground? I would love have a wood coaster that has a lot of dips and tight curves. I'm goin to the park on July 11 when Metro Station is playing! I can't wait!

I emailed BB/DL a few months ago inquiring about the new stuff, and they emailed me back with a nice little snippet of park lingo.

The expansion is going to happen over a couple of years. At this point, they're just doing "preliminary site work, for future expansions with the Army Corps of Engineers." So it's going to happen, but not yet. There is nothing new for 2009.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the new coaster. Either a small M&V woodie, or maybe something S&S.... El Loco?

I am happy to see our little park is growing! I will be happy with steady growth, I know in the advocate article it spoke of a new roller coaster, I think it will happen, but will be on a modest budget.

I kinda think the campground will probably be the first thing to come to fruition. The campground itself will will help set the stage for the future expansion. Every one likes to camp around these parts lol!

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/33619579.html

• 3 months later...

I went on July 11th and they have completely cleared the land for the campground and they had marks on the ground for the camper slots. Blue Bayou is still amazing! Conja is one of the best slides out there! Voodoo is also amazing(the water in the slide is warm! its different). Azuka(tornado slide) is fun too! Dixie Landin is fun! Although I didn't see any land clearing for the proposed land for the expansion. Ragin Cajun is smooth, but the lift is soooooo slow! It took 5 minutes. Hot Shot is a GREAT tower ride. EXTREME is one of the worst ride ever. Its EXTREMEly jerky and leaves bruises and hardly spins. Its has a GREAT array of flat rides! EVERYONE should go to the little waterpark/themepark in Louisiana!

Kimberly (GF) dropped by the park this weekend and got some pics while leaving the parking lot. She definitely wants to come back for the park as well as more of Baton Rouge and New Orleans. This one's on the visit list and we'll keep you posted on when we do the trip.

Good to hear the news on expansion too!