TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point might hit up to 60,000 guests today!

Do they actually allow parking on the causeway? That's crazy.

They park cars on the grass on the causeway, but that's when the entire parking lot is full including the grass just outside the parking lot. Sometimes they park people in the employee lot by the dorms.

Today was fairly crowded. The Cleveland Clinic was done today, so maybe we won't see such crowded Sundays. That's a big group.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple of photos of Cedar Point on the most awesome visit I have ever had, check out the Millennium Force and Dragster "queues", this was late August 2005:

On most occasions, MF will look like that whether it has a 4 hour line, or a 15 minute line because the worker sitting there only lets as many people into the station that will fit into the train.

On most occasions, MF will look like that whether it has a 4 hour line, or a 15 minute line because the worker sitting there only lets as many people into the station that will fit into the train.

I'm not sure if it was from lack of staffing early in the year, but this May when I was there the only ride using a grouper was Maverick. MF was doing "line up and wait wherever you want, with as many people can fit in the station".

When I was there in June they were letting the MF station fill up to the point of chaos, and only then stationing someone at the turnstile until the station more or less emptied out again. It seemed like an odd approach.

I'm not sure if it was from lack of staffing early in the year, but this May when I was there the only ride using a grouper was Maverick. MF was doing "line up and wait wherever you want, with as many people can fit in the station".

The same thing happened to me on Dragster. When I went in June, there was no grouper and the wait time was easily over an hour. The station was packed.

Yeah, that's why I said "on most occasions." I, too, have been there when the station was packed, with at least like 5 train waits for every seat.

I went in May last year, and it was the same way, Maverick had the only 'assigned' seats.

I live very close to cedar point and I visit a lot. Most saturdays are packed. The best time to go is definitely on like a monday or tuesday. On those days the line for Maverick is only an hour. My friend was at cedar point on the day this topic is about and he waited 4 hrs. for dragster. That is definitely unusual.

There is absolutely no place on Earth that I wouldn't rather be at then CP with 60,000 people. Course that statement might also be true if there were only 600 people there today.

Huh!?!? If Cedar Point only had 600 people, that would be absolutely amazing! That's like ERT on every coaster for the whole day!

That would be true if you actually like CP. Other then Maverick I have already rode every coaster there more than enough. So that would leave me to do their amazing flat collection, dark rides, log flume, free water park, amazing food selection, great theming.

I would just rather go to Kennywood.

I'll give you dark ride, log flume, free water park, and amazing food selection, but I would like to question your ideas on their flat collection and theming. I would love if you would walk through Frontier Land and honestly say that it does not look good. I will agree that Cedar Point is lacking much theming in other areas, however, most other parks also do not have great theming everywhere on their property. Cedar Point's flat collection, while not perfect, is not nearly as bad as you make it sound. Their large flats consist of a Huss Frisbee XL, a S&S Screamin' Swing, and a S&S Combo Tower (2 Space Shots and 2 Turbo Drops). In addition they have dozens of flats that everyone can enjoy. Surely you must admit that Cedar Point's flat collection, while no Knoebels or Kennywood, is better than a good number of parks in the world.