TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point might hit up to 60,000 guests today!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea why? One of my friends works there and said they were expecting 60,000 people today. Was anyone there? It's a Saturday in July, so I imagine it was crowded. But was there a big group there?

Last Sunday, the Cleveland Clinic was there, and it was the busiest Sunday of the season. Another group that large or larger on a Saturday certainly could make it extremely crowded.

If they were just crowded, that's great and certainly very exciting for the park. If they had a big group there though, and were expecting them, its a bit disappointing they didn't alert everyone of this beforehand so that the GP could decide whether they wanted to drive all the way up there to wait in line hours for rides. I'm sure the park was gridlock and pretty unmanageable.

One of my great friends was there... He made it on four coasters today!

He said:

"Top thrill - 2+ hour wait

Millennium - 1.5 + hour wait

Maverick - 2.5+ hour wait

Wicked Twister - 1/2 hour wait because it just started running again when he got to it."

Then he said he just about gave up after that. Mostly because Mean Streak killed his back the day before. He said he couldn't even breath when it stopped in the break run.

Anyone know what the capacity of the park is before they'd shut the gates? Have they ever done that at Cedar Point before?

I know that there's a few days in the year where they'll have to start denying entry at the Magic Kingdom for a few hours until the place clears out a bit. It likely happens at other parks too I assume, but you just don't hear about it as much.

Very good for the park. My god, I would just feel awful in such crowds.

I always try to avoid those busy days at parks.

When we were there on weekdays second half of May, the parking lot was filled to maximum 20 % and the park was like heaven to us.

I guess the Cleveland Clinic people used to always go to GL for their trip but went to CP, because GL is obviously now gone.

Yep, the Cleveland Clinic is HUGE also. You can't drive more than like 2 miles in Cleveland without passing one of their buildings. I wonder if CP is going to get a nice little attendance bump just from the closing of Geauga Lake.

There is absolutely no place on Earth that I wouldn't rather be at then CP with 60,000 people. Course that statement might also be true if there were only 600 people there today.

Huh!?!? If Cedar Point only had 600 people, that would be absolutely amazing! That's like ERT on every coaster for the whole day!

There is absolutely no place on Earth that I wouldn't rather be at then CP with 60,000 people. Course that statement might also be true if there were only 600 people there today.

Huh!?!? If Cedar Point only had 600 people, that would be absolutely amazing! That's like ERT on every coaster for the whole day!

That would be true if you actually like CP. Other then Maverick I have already rode every coaster there more than enough. So that would leave me to do their amazing flat collection, dark rides, log flume, free water park, amazing food selection, great theming.

I would just rather go to Kennywood.

Hell I went to SFMM on a normal Saturday and X2 was 4 hours, Tatsu 2.5 hours, Viper 1 hour+, Riddler's 2 hours, Batman 1.5hours, etc.

Thank god for Flash passes or that day would have been more terrible than it already was.

From my understanding CP might hit up to 60,000 guests today, with the main lot being full and people having to park on the causeway!

Great news for CP!

Do they actually allow parking on the causeway? That's crazy.