TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros or Parque de Atracciones in Madrid

Hi all. Just found this site whilst searching for tourist attractions in Madrid. Was reading up on the Warner Bros park which look pretty awesome, but then I saw on here the Parque de Atracctiones.

Just wondering, (as I saw the spain/europe reviews), what people thought was the best please?

It'd be myself, 25, and my girlfriend, probably going next Tuesday (July 29th)

Thanks in advance, all the best, D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!

I'm from Madrid and i can assure you that Waner is much more better than Parque de Atracciones, if we talk about coasters. It's bigger and you can spend more time enjoying the park, Parque de Atracciones is smaller and you can soon get tired of everything. The first time i visited Parque de Atracciones i got tired in four hours, because it's too small and you don't have too many things to do.

I must say that coasters and flats in Parque de atracciones are great (everybody must try Abismo!) and it's easier to get there than to Warner.

But, if you want my opinion, Warner Park has more coasters where to choose and you don't mind repeating one and another time, they are bigger, very variated, great shows... and the only "Dejà-vu" in Europe (Amazing!). I can't get tired of Warner.

Thanks dacocovid! Wasn't expecting a reply that quick!

I think that's maybe made my mind up already! Well I'm flying in on Monday, the girlfriend is meeting me at the airport (she's spanish), then we're off straight to the Bernabeu, (big football / soccer fan), home and change, then out for the night!

Is it worth getting to the Theme Park when it opens (which I think is 11am)? Getting there is no problem as I have a car there. And also what time does it close (or what time do you think 'most people' would leave)?

Sorry for all the questions! I do appreciate it!

D

(by the way, are you Spanish yourself, or just living there? Only reason I ask is because your English is superb lol!)

Hi, Warner is definitely the best park, Superman was up there as a stand out coaster of the Spain trip, and any park with two B&Ms has to be good right?

- The park does open at 11am (closes at 10pm). It's worth getting there for opening as you can get quite a few rides on the big coasters before everyone else gets there (you also wont want to queue too long for coaster express!)

- It's hard to say when people will leave, with opening hours like that you could even get two "waves" of people throughout the day, but it'd be safe to assume that later on the queues will die down slightly in the evening once everyone else has had their fun and gone home.

Hope that helps

One thing to consider is getting to the parks. Warner seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere. It might not be that easy to get to with public transit (I have no idea if this is actually the case.) Parque Attraciones is VERY easy to get to via subway.

I loved both parks I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Warner has Superman, Batman, El Deja Vu-o, Awesome Flume and Rapids, but really no shade.

Parque Attraciones has both ABISMO!!!! TARANTULA!!! which are both really really good coasters, at least in my book.

It´s really no problem to get to Warner without a car, but it´s even better if you got one of course. The park was pretty empty in mid September 2007. All the rides were walk on, no waiting lines all day long . We rode Superman 40, Batman 5, Stuntfall 3 and Coasterexpress 2 times in one day. We visited Parque de Atracciones the next day and it was a lot more crowded.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Sorry TPDave, but what's a B&M? Cheers

B&M are a company that make roller coasters. I think when people refer to a B&M they mean a suspended coaster where your legs dangle, like Nemesis at Alton Towers and Montu at Busch Gardens.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Parque Warner no doubt.

You can buy a combiticket (train / park) in Madrid Atocha station. You then have to get off in Pinto and take the bus to the park.

We rented a car so didn't try the above out but that's why I've been told.

Maybe dacocovid can confirm ?

Thanks a lot

Now all I've gotta do is convince the girlfriend At the mo it's 40+ degrees in Madrid (apparently, unless she's grabbing excuses), so I've looked into it and there's a reduced entry fee after 4pm so might go then when the sun's starting to go in.

Thanks again, D