TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

44 Yr Old Woman loses finger on Skyride at Dutch Wonderland

I can't find a online story on this yet, but this was just on the 10'oclock news and I just had to share.

So a 44 year old lost her finger on the sky ride at dutch wonderland. This is a ski lift style ride pictured here,

http://www.dutchwonderland.com/rides/details.php?ride_id=99

Apparently the other person in the cart lowered the lap bar unexpectedly, and the 44yr old woman had her finger in just the right position and snap, the finger fell off. The news didn't say much more then that.

The ride has those metal lap bars that just adjust to you're height and I don't think lock in at all, If i remember right.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe SCBB has the same make of a sky ride, looking at the gondolas. I've ridden this many times and was safe. (I kept my hands on my lap ofcourse as the ops pulled down the overhead lap bar thingy.) My guess is that someone had their hand somewhere at the wrong time...kinda like having your fingers at a hinge point on a door and someone slamming/forcefully closing the door.

11.jpg.a4dccc10903ca7b0ffd8a5e3b8a9f2b4.jpg

SCBB's Sky Gliders, you can see how the lapbar setup is.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

There's something wrong with this sky ride. Don't know what. Just can't put my finger on it..."

You know, that last joke was just pointless.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here 'til tuesday. Try the fish.

ROFL

The only ski-lift/sky ride I've ever riden with a lap bar was at Blizzard Beach, and I agree with whoever stated this above, her finger had to be in a hinge or something because I cant see the lap bar coming down on her finger and it just "magically" falling off. Had to be her fault in some way, or maybe there was a "pre-existing condition."

A quote from someone who worked at the park.

To bad that's a LIE because fortunately I work at Dutch Wonderland. The lady didn't loose the tip of her finger, she PINCHED it..THAT IS ALL!!!!!

people over exaggerate!!! jeeeeze

Fingers don't magically disappear and I doubt it would've rolled off the platform since the ride was probably immediately shut down. I also don't think these ride would have the power to do this unless you really tried and put your hand where the lapbar hinges are.

The only way you could probably get hurt form one of these rides is if the bucket became unattactched from the cable or if someone purposely jumped out of the car.

Also a finger doesn't have two knuckles

Also a finger doesn't have two knuckles

The knuckles are the joints of the fingers, which are brought into prominence when the hand is clenched and a fist is made. The word is derived from the diminutive of a word for bone, found in German Knochen/Knoechlein. Medically, it is said that the knuckles are formed by the metacarpophalangeal and interphalangeal joints of the finger. The knuckles at the base of the fingers are known as major knuckles while the knuckles at midfinger are known as minor knuckles.

Have you ever taken a look at your hand? You actually have 3 knuckles per finger (thumbs have 2 though). Wikipedia is your friend.

This is a silly accident that I'm sure she's going to sue and get paid very handidly for. Does she deserve it? Depends on who closed the lap bar. If it was a ride-op then yes, they could be considered at fault for not noticing her finger was in the way. If it was her or a riding partner then no, that's their own stupidity at work.

Wheither or not to believe this story is true, or if that woman was really that dumb to have her finger in that position. I think someone's diliberately trying to play with our minds.

Seriously, if this is all someone has to do to get attention, well then they don't have a life.