TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How NOT to ride a Nautic Jet!

Okay, since we all read about Robb and Elissa touring Europe, we all should know about "the self-operated 'jumping boat thingy'", the Nautic Jet.

Klotten TR

Now we have those things all around Europe, especially Germany! Even outside of themeparks where they usually charge you a Euro to ride.

So you think this ride is crazy? I'm here to prove how right you are! Everybody that knows me knows how absolutely insane and idiotic I can be. So that one time I put a local Nautic Jet to the (DragonKhan) Test! Good thing my friend had a camera with him, because the ride FAILED!

Download

10.9 MB .mpg file

Now on the first ride I actually managed to land ON one of those black boundries. Don't ask me how I did it, it seems impossible. Obviously it got stuck and I had to climb out.

On my second ride I tried to get a little extra speed. All I got was a restraint malfunction, a scar, and a shoe in the water...

ENJOY!!!

jet.jpg.d2db04b4e9b110988cc8d735b89b8ce0.jpg

Don't EVER try this at home! (or any amusement park)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that's probably why we will NEVER EVER see these in the US!!!

We never saw one person act up on the boats at either park. I have a feeling if you put these in a park in the US, every other person would be tossed into the water or break their boat!

Damn I miss this ride!

Elissa "GREAT VIDEO!!!" Alvey

I think that's probably why we will NEVER EVER see these in the US!!!

We never saw one person act up on the boats at either park. I have a feeling if you put these in a park in the US, every other person would be tossed into the water or break their boat!

I have really pushed it this time and had some "fun" on it. They ARE safe by all means. They are, like most amusement rides in Germany, approved by the TÜV. And when it comes to safety, they are extremely picky...

On my first ride I don't know what the hell happened, but it really isn't a big deal. On my second ride I apparently pulled the restraint to hard by trying to get some more speed.

But HEY! THAT was some sweet airtime!!!

(That and the video was worth the pain!)

LOL, that is hilarious! But can you give us some translation on what the captions said?

On the other side, I agree with the rest of the people from the US here that it's a shame we will never see anything like this in America. Can you imagine having one of these and a stupid mother decides to put their 3 year old kid on the ride and there goes the kid flying out of the boat at the end. Mom will sue because she was ignorant and didn't see the warnings, but the court will still side with her.

eh, at least we got the fun slides, those you can get airtime on.