TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights 2005

I dont know if this has been brought up but does anyone know any information about this years event. Im really curious about if its gonna be in both parks again or just stick to one park...

So what have you heard?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only read what is on Screamscape...which seems to say it's either going to include more or less this year...hmmm...that's probably not quite what you were looking for!

Oh well, it shouldn't be too much longer till we find out what's up!

Elissa "I wonder if they'll include the Fear Factor show" Alvey

Im sure they probably will since they incorporated that "theme" in a house a few years ago...

I read what was on screamscape also, which isnt much (but het, its not their fault). But it would be hepful to know a schedule kinda so I can start making arrangements!

Jarvis "HHN beats anyday at any park!" Morant

I've seen folks saying on other boards that it's only going to be at IOA this year. No actual verification until Universal decides to let it all out.

Personally, I thought last year was a bit of a mess. Way too spread out, and I was extremely hateful of the designated "scare zones." In previous years, you could be anywhere and have a scareactor jumping out at you (I witnessed one waiting patiently outside a ladies restroom in Jurassic Park - fun stuff). The houses themselves, with the exception of the Vampire one, were kinda "meh" as well. The overall theme seemed to be "we don't have a theme, so we're mashing up all our old stuff." The TVs in the queues were a nice touch, although we used Express Passes and rarely watched much of what was on it.

The only problem with just IOA is that the pathways are too narrow, and that's going to be miserable on a sold out night (oh, and that also kills the parade).

I hope what I've heard is wrong.

I think it was screamscape which mentioned that it was going to use the Posidens Fury building which would lead me to believe it will be just in IOA but I also imagine they would want to include mummy and fear factor to help increase attendance. All I know is I can't wait for October!

It would seem like they could include Poseidon's Fury and still have it in both parks though. It would just mean maybe extending the borders of what areas are involved to include a small portion of Lost Continent (though it'd be nice to have the Dragons running as well).

I'm all for incorporating some of that show stuff into a house. There's some great stuff they can do in that area (same for the Dragon's queue, though it'd be a complete logistical nightmare).

Given the amount of people they draw, they should keep it like it was last year and just do some re-designing of the layout and such. I didnt think it was too drawn out at all. It was fantastic to have all that room to explore the stuff at night.

Yeah Fear Factor is pretty fun to watch at Universal. I bet they will have a Halloween version of the attraction if they decide to use both parks again this year. If you ever want to participate they pick contestants I believe 90mins beofre the show. The main contestants actually dont get to eat the yucky stuff, they pick families out of the audience to do that.... I would never want to particiapte myself I have to admit. I can hear people saying,

"I drank a sour milk grasshopper shake and all I got was a stupid T-Shirt."

Hmm.. well, if they are doing it with the two parks this year they must have learned their lesson with the cornfield idea. Although I thought that was awesome! Working at IOA it made me feel like I was back in PA.. haha.

I doubt they will do just one part of IOA this year however. Last year that was the plan, and that changed REALLY quick once they realized how huge of an event it was and how badly IOA moves people after the Bill and Ted dump.

You know they'll get Fear Factor in there somehow though.. so I'd expect both parks.

Ohhhh well. Personally I liked it better when it was just IOA. Last year probably made more money but there were a lot of "nothing" spots. Either way.. I'll hopefully be back down there for a few weeks in October at Dragons to work so if you go keep me updated! Can't tell ya how happy I'd be working the nice 10am-2am hours.. but whatever. haha.

Eric "OUCH!!! that girl's gotta be dead" Geiple

Even when it was "just" IOA, they had a few houses that went to the sound stages on the Universal side.

It WAS a pain to be at the Earthquake area, then decide you want to leave and walk a LOOOONG way back to the entrance of IOA. If they have 2 parks, they should have 2 exits (but not necessarily 2 entrances).

Oh and bring back Castle Vampyre, those girls were hot!

Oh and bring back Castle Vampyre, those girls were hot!

That was one of the BEST haunted houses Universal has come up with...and I've been going ever year since HHN III!

I'd be really, REALLY surprised if Universal does it in one park this year...bottom line is, more capacity...MORE MONEY!!!

Even though i've never been to hhn. I have read that Castle Vampyre was the best house that year. Now I have also read that while Castle Vampyre rocked,that Universal still has not made a house as good as Scream House (first year at IOA). Oh yes, if I can go this year, what would be the best time to go and are the R.I.P. tours any good?

I believe that BarryH did the RIP tour and could not speak highly enough of it. No waiting, good food, interesting tour guides, etc. If you PM him he probably has a copy of the TR to repost.

Elissa "if that's too much money you can also do the express passes" Alvey

I've been to 3 HHN events (XI, XIII, XIV) and my favorite was XI back in 2001. They had 3 GREAT houses and a couple mediocre ones.

Pitch Black was my favorite, a maze in complete darkness where you couldn't see your hand in front of you. RUN was a chain link fence maze where your party was split up deliberately, they were right behind the fence.. yet so far away. Scary Tales was also really good.

Honorable mentions go to All Nite DrIvE In 2 years ago and Horro rNight Nightmares & Ghost Town last year.

I hope this is the year they have the "extreme" upcharge Haunted house.

This comes from http://www.hhnhq.com

Make sure to visit there forum when it comes to HHN related information.

The houses;

Demon

Blind

Evil 1

Evil 2 (these are two distinct houses apparently, A and B casts for both)

Wax

Blood

Body

Mines

Skool

Street zones in Seuss, POE, Marvel, LC, Maze (?), and Toon.

There is a lot more info there. So check it out.

I hope they're not gonna have Horrors In wax again, probably the worst HHN house to date. They need another one like RUN!

Why not I thought it was pretty cool not knowing what was real or fake!

But I gotta admit, I dont remember any most of the houses because I had my ears covered and my eyes closed most of the way thru. Hey! I was by myself and walking alone!!

Was the one at Movie Park any larger than Pitch Black? I thought it was fascinating that a completely darkened soundstage could be used as an attraction! It was really well done though, and you're right, very low budget.

Pitch Black was my first larger haunted house, aside from the ones I had been to around New England. I remember having the HHN tee shirt that glowed in the dark, and people I didn't even know were grabbing onto the back of the shirt to get out! I had never seen so many truly scared people in one place before!

That house was simple in that most people, if left in that kind of environment long enough, will be straight up scared! The walls you had to squeeze through were pretty freaky.

Some of the walls and passageways were either wet, or covered in egg carton cardboard material. The actors scaring people inside usually jumped out after a strobe light wearing a glow mask and shaking a cain full of coins at you. The disturbing audio aided the creep factor really well too.

More sensory houses!

I hope they're not gonna have Horrors In wax again, probably the worst HHN house to date. They need another one like RUN!

Huh?!?! Wax was FAR from being THAT bad! Hell, it was far from even being the worst last year. Diso was terrible. But the honor of worst house ever definitely goes to Fear Factor.

Yeah, you are right about Disorientorium. There's always that one fun-house style haunted house. I just found Horrors in Wax to be not scary... it was great in the beginning, and the facade was awesome, but halfway through, the theming seemed scattered, and it was just hard to tell what was going on.

The Ghost Town house was really good from that year too, and it was fun seeing the old HHN icons in the Nightmares house.

I hated Diso, although it achieved what it set out to do, for some reason, all of the strobe lights and messed up painted walls set off a "panic" mode with me and I wanted to get out of there.

I mean I really REALLY felt weird and I kept running into my friend in front of me, because I had no clue what was going on at that point. The scareactors I barely even noticed in there

The Ghost Town house was really good from that year too, and it was fun seeing the old HHN icons in the Nightmares house.

Yeah that was one of my favs also, really liked the hallway full of doors and the scaracters popping out!

For anyone who is interested, a long time ago I downloaded videos of all of the houses and scarezones and bill and ted from last years HHN from a gentlemans site, man I cant remember the site now, I can upload them to yousendit.com if you want a "refesher".