TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Nighttime trip report!

Even though I've only been to Adventuredome twice, and the last time was in 2004, I'm still kinda bummed that Rim Runner is closed. When I was 13 or 14 my friend and I spent a whole day and most of the night at Adventuredome when our parents dropped us off there to go gambling (A+ parenting!). After a few hours we had done pretty much all there was to do but there was still several hours left until our parents were to pick us up, so I remember us doing laps on Rim Runner for hours only for the purpose of making stupid faces at the on-ride camera, then running up to get a look and laugh at the pictures (and not buying them obviously) and then going back and doing it again. Fun times.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited Adventuredome last Friday (1/15) for the first time in several years. I believe I was last here in November 2015 or 2016. I had a nice time, mostly because those of us living out west are qu

Made a quick lap through The Adventuredome and the NebulaZ is fully built. Enjoy the photos below! It’ll be a nice addition to the park!  This is the bottom of Rim Runne

NebulaZ quietly opened at Adventuredome. Fun ride and a nice addition to the park. I don’t normally like spin and pukes but this ride was a lot of fun with bits of floater air. Visually this ride is s

Posted Images

After a few hours we had done pretty much all there was to do but there was still several hours left until our parents were to pick us up, so I remember us doing laps on Rim Runner for hours only for the purpose of making stupid faces at the on-ride camera, then running up to get a look and laugh at the pictures (and not buying them obviously) and then going back and doing it again. Fun times.

I remember doing this same thing on at least a couple trips to Adventuredome! We'd also do our best to get everyone in the boats to have their hands up for as much of the ride as possible.

Per Chance Rides' Facebook page...

16819460_1763054357053383_3291827878437347085_o.jpg?oh=f161e585795a53427f52a868d2e8318b&oe=592F7B24

Think this is the coaster we've been speculating over?

Saw this post and figured I'd check out the fb page and that's where I saw this "review"....

Winston Spangler

· 15 July 2016

America is a toxic, soulless, disconnected, venomous, hateful, paranoid, fake, plastic, and completely inauthentic culture. So disconnected and paranoid in fact that God Himself could never pair a single rider up with someone to go on the Zipper or any carnival ride in many areas of America! Especially if the single rider is a grown man, as America itself is an intensely man hating culture.

And Chance Rides Inc is participating in America's war on single people with their cruel and rampant "No Single Riders" tyranny. I'm even sure Chance Rides is likely even arming all Zipper operators with automatic assault rifles and ordering them to shoot to kill any single riders who try to get in line. Next is 24-hour nationwide military enforced curfews affecting all single persons every time there's a carnival. And even the presence of a single/unaccompanied person outdoors during any one of those curfews immediately attracting the attention of a military air strike.

Singles, it's time to FLEE America IMMEDIATELY! American carnivals have become absolutely restricted under Federal law and under full Martial law and forbidden to all single and unaccompanied persons. Singles especially better flee from all American carnivals if they don't want to be staring straight down the barrel of even multiple loaded M-16 assault rifles and/or bazookas held by bloodthirsty military soldiers. Additionally, America as a whole has begun it's final leg towards a full military dictatorship. And predictions are, America will become just as bad as, if not worse than, North Korea by 2025. And my guess is also; Chance Rides is even already pushing to make it a capital felony under Federal law, punishable by at least 120 or more years to life in Federal prison/solitary confinement and/or public execution, for a single/unaccompanied person to leave his residence for any reason except for school and/or work.

Update; And Chance Rides, Inc has now blocked me! This can only mean one thing; Chance Rides Inc employees will BLAST a single rider to smithereens with heavy M-16 and RPG fire and then order an immediate full nationwide military lockdown and Martial law before even THINKING of letting the single rider on the Zipper or any of their rides and/or having all carnivals put a marked "waiting bench" near their "No Single Riders" rides for single riders who need a partner. And by the way, Chance Rides DESERVES to have it's ride designs, including the Zipper, pirated by other manufacturers! And if this review gets deleted, it will be a sure sign that full scale nationwide if not worldwide Blitzkrieg Guerrilla warfare against single people is right around the corner. Perpetrated by Chance Rides, Inc

Thanks for sharing that! Gave us a good laugh. You know, I've been on a few "no single riders" rides by myself, by asking politely and waiting patiently for a group that doesn't mind my going with them. These are my patented three easy rules for effective single riding:

1) Make sure you do not emit any objectionable odours. Showers generally nullify such odours effectively.

2) Avoid ranting if at all possible, especially rants involving weaponry and/or military personnel.

3) Just f*cking do what the operators tell you, not more and not less.

• 1 month later...
It really seems like they are preserving the rockwork that Rim Runner's lift ran through. I really hope that the rumor of them using the rockwork in the new attraction is true.

I honestly think if all of the rock work was removed, a ton more space for future attractions would open up!

As much as I love the rock work, it hasn't been the same since Rim Runner and the waterfalls have been removed.

I will say however, the park is much cooler and way less humid with the water ride gone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit out of the loop lately (no pun intended), but was in town for a concert this weekend and decided to drop in (ok maybe I'm doing this subconsciously, coasters on the brain) on El Loco Friday night, and while I was there I of course decided to also partake in a little Canyon Blaster but I was amazed at how much smoother it seemed.

Maybe it's just me, I know it can be very subjective, but in my previous visit a few years ago CB was quite rough. This time it was probably the smoothest rides I've ever had on an Arrow Looper. They only had one train going, which was fine, because it was barely even a station wait. I did multiple laps in the front and back rows and both were equally smooth. It's a lot more fun, especially in the back, when its not beating you up. El Loco was, as usual, the most comfortable coaster trains ever. I could ride it all day (especially with no lines).

Weekends like this with 118 degree heat really make you appreciate that dome.

I've been a bit out of the loop lately (no pun intended), but was in town for a concert this weekend and decided to drop in (ok maybe I'm doing this subconsciously, coasters on the brain) on El Loco Friday night, and while I was there I of course decided to also partake in a little Canyon Blaster but I was amazed at how much smoother it seemed.

Maybe it's just me, I know it can be very subjective, but in my previous visit a few years ago CB was quite rough. This time it was probably the smoothest rides I've ever had on an Arrow Looper. They only had one train going, which was fine, because it was barely even a station wait. I did multiple laps in the front and back rows and both were equally smooth. It's a lot more fun, especially in the back, when its not beating you up. El Loco was, as usual, the most comfortable coaster trains ever. I could ride it all day (especially with no lines).

Weekends like this with 118 degree heat really make you appreciate that dome.

haven't been in a year and a half, maybe two, i forget. still, the only place CB beat me was after the double loop going into the turn. i'd get slammed pretty hard on the left side. maybe it's not bad if you sit on the right. i did 10 rides that morning i went before a trade show. but 20 plus years ago i did 50. lol i always like the Canyon Blaster.

I did 5 quick laps on Friday night and there wasn't a trace of roughness, even going into the corkscrew which was previously what felt roughest to me. I was with a friend who doesn't do coasters at all and felt bad that he was just standing there waiting for me otherwise I could have ridden for hours.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone a quick update from the dome today. Prep work is underway for Fright Dome, Inverter is down for rehab and so is Canyon Blaster. Major work is being done on the support work for the loops, but they expect the ride to reopen for Fright Dome.

IMG_4288.thumb.JPG.5c0054da9d5452fc8e34cc9aa268384f.JPG

IMG_4289.thumb.JPG.50bd2ccb0fabe682dc75a187ea0dc58a.JPG

IMG_4290.thumb.JPG.39a0873ce33657c1cb5169ef9d5ce1e2.JPG

IMG_4291.thumb.JPG.d70fa03982ed4dea8aae3f3b4fcd6718.JPG

IMG_4292.thumb.JPG.8b73e6145833beb9fce163413e45a5dd.JPG

IMG_4293.thumb.JPG.d04600ee4a335ce381f60f27dd686c43.JPG

IMG_4294.thumb.JPG.d67751c00c41cfa338fa48983c8f0e57.JPG

Adventuredome is a trip I'd like to make someday.

It's a great little park. Walking around, it feels pretty "crowded" (not from people, but just the size and layout of the walkways), but Canyon Blaster and El Loco are both solid rides. I visited for the first time last November and I'd love to go back. I'm very curious as to how this new coaster is going to turn out next year.

Adventuredome is a trip I'd like to make someday.

It's a great little park. Walking around, it feels pretty "crowded" (not from people, but just the size and layout of the walkways), but Canyon Blaster and El Loco are both solid rides. I visited for the first time last November and I'd love to go back. I'm very curious as to how this new coaster is going to turn out next year.

Yea, it's definitely worth checking out if you find yourself in Vegas. The two coasters are a lot of fun and it has some good flats as well (Disk'O, Inverter, Chaos, Sling Shot). If you go mid-week during the school year, you pretty much have the place to yourself. The last time I went, I got about 15 rides each on Loco and CB, as well as one round on all the flats in about 3 hours. I'm glad they are getting a family coaster as the two big coasters have a 48" height requirement and the only other one is a kiddie coaster. The park really needed something more thrilling than the kiddie coaster for kids that aren't ready for Loco and CB.

• 3 months later...