Adventuredome Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Nighttime trip report!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I visited Adventuredome last Friday (1/15) for the first time in several years. I believe I was last here in November 2015 or 2016. I had a nice time, mostly because those of us living out west are qu

Made a quick lap through The Adventuredome and the NebulaZ is fully built. Enjoy the photos below! It’ll be a nice addition to the park!  This is the bottom of Rim Runne

NebulaZ quietly opened at Adventuredome. Fun ride and a nice addition to the park. I don’t normally like spin and pukes but this ride was a lot of fun with bits of floater air. Visually this ride is s

Posted Images

This ride honestly reminds me more of the Santa Monica West Coaster (in reverse) than anything else.

This would be a great fit consider they don't have an intermediate coaster there. They have a small children's coaster and then the jump immediately to Canyon Blaster and El Loco.

^ Interesting question. After visitng this year I can't even fathom where they could fit another coaster. Other rides would certainly have to be removed for it.

They have recently cleared out the lower reservoir from the Rim Runner and a lot more of the trough. They cleared up a decent amount of space.

Time will only tell what will happen if they do anything with the mountain and the lift hill and pre-drop trough of the Rim Runner.

I see this coaster and think of the ride Chance built for Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona last year:

Screamscape has shared pics of work going on inside the dome, where RIm Runner's reservoir used to be...I think we may be seeing what will fill that space.

Looks like a perfect addition to the park. I visited the park for the first time last November, and while El Loco and Canyon Blaster were great, the park really lacks a solid family coaster. They really are tight on space though, so it'll be interesting to see where they shoehorn this thing in.

I see this coaster and think of the ride Chance built for Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona last year:

I'm kind of confused on how the sideways drive wheels can be on a curve?

It's on several portable Schwarzkopf looping coasters as well. It has always intrigued me too, but obviously it works.

The lift hill from the former Rim Runner(boat ride) will be re-purposed into the lift hill for this new mine train coaster. It will be compact, and it will interact with the Canyon Blaster as well.

The lift hill from the former Rim Runner(boat ride) will be re-purposed into the lift hill for this new mine train coaster. It will be compact, and it will interact with the Canyon Blaster as well.

Based on the layout this seems entirely possible! It'd be great to see an attraction at the park that took advantage of the remaining theming from when the park first opened. The park was really beautiful when it first opened.

While a new coaster is fantastic, I hope they don't remove any current flat rides they have at the moment (chaos, inverter) as they are rare flats and provide a nice alternative to the 2 coasters. It would be fantastic if they use the log flume lift hill as the lift hill to the new chance mine train.

It's on several portable Schwarzkopf looping coasters as well. It has always intrigued me too, but obviously it works.

Offtopic but i found this on a schwarzkopf memory website:

drivewheel.jpg.27a167a6b38e4961fa6a91aaaebbb6a0.jpg

Assumably those tendons flex all the time when the ride goes through curves as well?

I wonder if chance uses the exact same system

Assumably those tendons flex all the time when the ride goes through curves as well?

I don't think so, this is the tires which bend them. During the course, they are only stretched between there two anchor points and thus have no reason to move (maybe they wiggle, tho, I don't know how tense it is).

As for the Chance one, it seems that the outer tire is spring-loaded and can move.

He doesn't mention it, but Brian from IOE did a cool video where you can see the hardware up close.

I don't think so, this is the tires which bend them. During the course, they are only stretched between there two anchor points and thus have no reason to move (maybe they wiggle, tho, I don't know how tense it is).

As for the Chance one, it seems that the outer tire is spring-loaded and can move.

He doesn't mention it, but Brian from IOE did a cool video where you can see the hardware up close.

Having worked on a Chance Big Dipper (which is the same train/propulsion system as the Arizona coaster) the whole wheel assembly is on a pivot and the smaller wheel has a spring clamp so it can freely move. I was always fascinated by the fact that the Big Dipper models have a curved lift.

It also kind of terrifies me that the Arizon coaster uses the same train and restraint system as a Big Dipper.

I really hope this is the case. Personally I would want something more thrilling, but for the Adventuredome market, a family coaster makes a lot of sense. I hadn't been to the Dome in years, but the opening of El Loco got me out there and now I've been 3-4 times in the last two years. If you go mid-week in the offseason, you pretty much have the whole place to yourself.

Well this is certainly surprising! I always figured AD would someday get a "mid-size" coaster, but not after El Loco took up what was left of the park's vertical space.

Its quite amazing how they fit everything in there, isn't it?

Also I just wanted to take the timeout to say how incredibly close the drop tower (which is great btw) comes to the roof.

Well this is certainly surprising! I always figured AD would someday get a "mid-size" coaster, but not after El Loco took up what was left of the park's vertical space.

Its quite amazing how they fit everything in there, isn't it?

Also I just wanted to take the timeout to say how incredibly close the drop tower (which is great btw) comes to the roof.

It's pretty crazy. You don't realize how close it is until you actually ride it. It's a brutal little tower though... ouch.

• 2 weeks later...