TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

• 10 months later...
Is the park any good? Everyone says no.

Please don't pay the Jaded coaster enthusiast no mind, for what it is, I'd say YES the park is good. Nothing is perfect if you go in thinking to find a mini SF or CF then yes you'll be disappointed. If you go in with the attitude of they have two coasters better then any others for MILES!!! around and a few flats you should have fun.

EL Loco is Awesome that first drop along is worth the visit imo and Canyon Blaster is a blast it's the smoothest Arrow I think has ever been made!!! I don't get where the rough comments are coming from unless it's just fallen apart since the last year I was there

Adventuredome is totally worth a visit if you're in Vegas. El Loco is tons of fun and Canyon Blaster is a solid old school Arrow double looper. The park also has some fun flats, but the main reason to visit is the two coasters. If you go mid week during the school year, everything will be a walk on. I visited back in May and got 20 rides on El Loco, 10 on CB, and rode a few flats in about 4 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering what is currently like. When I wear years before El loco it was an OK park with decent Canyon Blaster, a log flume that smells like urine, a chaos ride that only fills 1/3 seats, and as The Legend from ITL would say, "A happy feet attraction with 100-120 capacity per hour." I just think this park attracts some shady people and tourists. Not many people make it down to Circus Circus if they can afford better, you know? The sketchy independent merchant carts around the park are really weird. The park also has way too many arcade games that just surround the edge of a park. Now I love arcade, but that can't just be by themselves in the middle of the park! It's good to see El Loco striving, but I still take this as a different worse park.

I was wondering what is currently like. When I wear years before El loco it was an OK park with decent Canyon Blaster, a log flume that smells like urine, a chaos ride that only fills 1/3 seats, and as The Legend from ITL would say, "A happy feet attraction with 100-120 capacity per hour." I just think this park attracts some shady people and tourists. Not many people make it down to Circus Circus if they can afford better, you know? The sketchy independent merchant carts around the park are really weird. The park also has way too many arcade games that just surround the edge of a park. Now I love arcade, but that can't just be by themselves in the middle of the park! It's good to see El Loco striving, but I still take this as a different worse park.

I hear that Circus Circus is actually the most profitable hotel in MGM's portfolio...since it's THE place for families.

we make a trip to Circus Circus every time we visit Vegas -- we go for the Steakhouse (it's our 2nd favorite place to eat in Vegas).

and while there, yes, we swing by Adventure Dome to ride a circuit or two on Canyon Blaster. (haven't been back to Vegas since El Loco opened tho. . we were there just before it opened. Seems to be time to go back).

Will get to hit this place up while out doing the Grand Canyon in early June.. Got 4 nights at a condo at lake Las Vegas.

Figure this and Cowabunga Bay will help mix up the National Park overload.

Good call on Cowabunga Bay, it's a great waterpark with some unique slides. You may want to check the local Costco (there's one right by Cowabunga) as they had discount tickets for the park last year.

Will get to hit this place up while out doing the Grand Canyon in early June.. Got 4 nights at a condo at lake Las Vegas.

Figure this and Cowabunga Bay will help mix up the National Park overload.

Good call on Cowabunga Bay, it's a great waterpark with some unique slides. You may want to check the local Costco (there's one right by Cowabunga) as they had discount tickets for the park last year.

Thanks for the heads up.

We a doing a one day raft down the Grand Canyon, doing the hike to Angels Landing at Zion and checking out Mesa Verde Cliff Dwellings along with the smaller stuff like the Petified Forest, Meteor Crater and Sunset Crater. I'd love to sneak Tucson in for the USAF boneyard. We may do one of the parks in Amarillo or ABQ.

• 1 year later...

Apparently this thread has been dead for over a year, so how about a little bump?

On January 9th, Chance Rides uploaded a video called "ChanceAdventuredome1075ft". It's unlisted so only those with a link can see it, but it's a public video. It appears to be a Mine Train coaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUen7X6PTAM

Credit to Coaster Studios for finding it.

Here's a Screenshot for when they inevitably pull this down.

lol1.jpg.4880e2a08ff43982a2e883100cd297e8.jpg

Edited by coasterbill

Apparently this thread has been dead for over a year, so how about a little bump?

On January 9th, Chance Rides uploaded a video called "ChanceAdventuredome1075ft". It's unlisted so only those with a link can see it, but it's a public video. It appears to be a Mine Train coaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUen7X6PTAM

Credit to Coaster Studios for finding it.

Wow, VERY COOL! It looks very compact - I wonder where exactly it will be placed! And when??

This ride honestly reminds me more of the Santa Monica West Coaster (in reverse) than anything else.

This would be a great fit consider they don't have an intermediate coaster there. They have a small children's coaster and then the jump immediately to Canyon Blaster and El Loco.

^ Interesting question. After visitng this year I can't even fathom where they could fit another coaster. Other rides would certainly have to be removed for it.

They have recently cleared out the lower reservoir from the Rim Runner and a lot more of the trough. They cleared up a decent amount of space.

Time will only tell what will happen if they do anything with the mountain and the lift hill and pre-drop trough of the Rim Runner.