TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

^ All of the Blueberry Hill restaurants have changed ownership and no longer carry that name.

Back on the park, all of the cars (all 7 of them) are now inside the dome.

Adventuredome will be closed Monday - Thursday next week and re-opening Friday, hopefully they can get a majority of the testing done during this time frame.

Unless you're talking about a different chain, there is still a 24/7 BH location on Decatur near Charleston.

I prefer OPH, but BH is still good for breakfast. Portions were plentiful, alright. Have eaten a variety of meals there; outside of bkfst, the rest of the offerings taste very meh.

As for El Loco, it looks fun! I've already warned my boss that if opening day falls on a day I'm scheduled, I will seek to switch with someone, or call in sick.

I still can't get over how screwed up that transition into the first dive loop is...but it looks to ride perfectly fine! Thanks for the videos and updates!

That's what I thought too. I mean, the whole concept of el loco is screwed up which makes them so unique (even thought there are a few). Looking really nice!

I told my partner we have to go back to Circus Circus next time we are in Vegas (and not for the Steakhouse) and he said, and I quote,

"Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

so I showed him the clip Robb posted of El Loco testing?

and he said,

"oh. YEAH!"

(yep, made me think of Kool-Aid too. . LOL).

That's a lot of hang time! I wonder how comfortable is S&S's new lap bar because Screaming Squirrel was awfully painful(I'll still ride it tomorrow )

The Lap Bars on Green Lantern are some of the most comfortable restraints I have ever used. The seats are also nice and squishy. I got stuck on the brake run on a nice overcast day for about 30 minutes... and I could have quite happily just fallen asleep in the chair... or had a cocktail in my hand and made myself at home. I would even go as far as saying they are more comfortable than the old school Intamin T-Bar restraints that rides like Superman at Magic Mountain used to use...

That's a lot of hang time! I wonder how comfortable is S&S's new lap bar because Screaming Squirrel was awfully painful(I'll still ride it tomorrow )

It doesn't look all bad compared to Screaming Squirrel because El Loco doesn't have extra restraints for your shoulders and the lap bar goes from overhead to your lap instead of from the upper side of the seat to your lap so everyone will expect a better ride from S&S than Screaming Squirrel and Sequoia Adventure.

^Awesome! I really can't wait for the opening of El Loco! I really like the cars too! Theya re so much better than the ones on Steel Hawg and Mumbo Jumbo, not that they're bad but I like these!

Hey everyone! Here is the IAAPA Show Car finally riding the rails of El loco!

This is also the same car that was on display at the front of the park for the past few weeks.

I'm just curious, but how can you tell it's the IAAPA car? I'm sure you would know. Like I said, just curious.