TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Submit Your Photo to Great Coasters!

Hey everyone -

We've come up with the idea to solicit anyone and everyone for great photos of our rides! If you have a good one that you've taken already or if you want to head out and take a photo specifically for this, we're all for it!

For all of the information and for submitting a photo, visit:

www.greatcoasters.com/submitphoto/

Thanks, everyone! We look forward to seeing your photos!

Evan

Great Coasters International, Inc

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update... we've received more than 100 submissions so far and have already put to use more than a third of them! Thanks to everyone who has submitted something; they look great.

Keep 'em coming! We want to involve as many different photographers as we can! This will probably turn into an ongoing project, too, so if you find yourself at a park with one of our rides, be sure to get a couple shots. I think everyone will be pleased with how we're including them on our new site.

Oh, and I know this comes a little late (I just got your awesome photos this morning, Hanno), but there is no maximum number of photos you can submit.

Thanks again to everyone who has or plans to submit something!

Evan

I'd love to, but for me to be able to take photos I do believe you'd have to build a coaster here in Israel for me to take pictures of.

Yup, sounds like a fair trade to me!

Oh man, I'd love to. I can't wait to get back there.

I'm assuming they will notify us if one or more of our pics are used right? Also I'd be curious to see what type of media they used the pics in.

Yes, we will. They're being used primarily for the website right now, so I'm planning on emailing everyone that submitted one before the new site goes live. At this point, the goal is to use at least one photo from everyone that submitted something on the new site, but we still can't guarantee it.

I'd love to, but for me to be able to take photos I do believe you'd have to build a coaster here in Israel for me to take pictures of.

Yup, sounds like a fair trade to me!

Oh man, I'd love to. I can't wait to get back there.

Aw, c'mon, we both want it! Do you really have to wait for an amusement park to order one? The parks here are too small! Can't you just... like... Make a guerilla attack on an empty plot of land and build a coaster there?

No..?

Aww, fudge.

It would be so amazing to have a proper coaster here. Really getting sick of having to ppay $1000 airfare for anything better than an SLC.

When were you in Israel?

When were you in Israel?

End of 2006. It was a 10-day trip with a program called Birthright that allows any Jewish young adult to go to Israel for free if they haven't been.

I discovered this ride while I was there, and subsequently got special permission to go to the park alone to ride it. Luckily I knew how to say "roller coaster" in Hebrew...

^No kidding! I wasn't even on that one! It's jsut so out-of-the-way... For years the Israeli coaster community ebated if that place even exists and if so where is it.

EDIT: By the way - you may veyr well be the only non israeli TPR member ot have an Israeli coaster credit.

Unfortunately, my encounters with GCI were when:

a- I hadn't found my knack for photography yet! (Dollywood, '05)

b- Beech Bend didn't open up for Holiday Fest until it got dark!

Dude, Rumbler was wicked.

-J 'Number one wood...' Z

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump, but the arbitrary "deadline" that we've set up is approaching. We would love to have the majority of photo submissions by September 1. We will continue to accept submissions after the fact, but we are aiming to have a large amount in order for our new site to go live.

http://www.greatcoasters.com/submitphoto/

We've received just under 200 photos so far, and are really impressed by the quality! Keep them coming!

To offer an incentive, there are a few rides that remain low on the photo submission count. These are:

- Renegade (Valleyfair)

- Thunderbird (PowerPark)

- Gwazi (Busch Gardens Africa)

- Roar (Six Flags America)

If anyone has some great photos of these rides especially (or plans to visit soon and would want to take some photos), we would love to see them!

To reiterate, the idea for the photo submission is to allow for the fans of our rides with an interest in photography to showcase your photos in a slightly different way. We'll admit that it also benefits Great Coasters in allowing our new photo-intensive site to function a little better. So, it's a win-win situation!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Evan

Great Coasters International, Inc.

To get you excited, here are a few photos that have been submitted that will be making an appearance on our new site:

rumbler_17.jpg.fe53cf914a7b155868341b6fab1f5049.jpg

Kentucky Rumbler [Credit: Hanno Roos]

roarwest_3.jpg.f1696920e0a29fbd083216afb8ba9ec7.jpg

Roar West [Credit: Ian Booth]

evel_1.jpg.bf32f70f9fdf0785db1d00b243764d0a.jpg

Evel Knievel [Credit: Dustijn Hollon, MidwestInfoGuide.com]