TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Dominion

Yesterday my friend and I went to Kings Dominion. It was perfect. Great weather, no lines, walk ons on Dominator. We stayed till the park closed.

Rides:

Backlot Stunt Coaster:8/10 Decent ride, and the launch is more fun then it looks. The effects were working except for the speakers and lights on the cars

Anaconda:9/10 I honestly love this ride. We rode at least a dozen times since no one was in line. There is only one bad part of the ride. Overall great ride

Rebel Yell (Right side):7/10 Not a bad ride. A little bumpy but fun.

Rebel Yell (Left side):8/10 This side is not longer backwards (Thanks alit Cedar Fair). I found it smoother then the right side.

Ricochet:7/10 Nice decent ride

Hurler:6/10 This coaster is alit rougher then it used to be when I went back two years ago. I gave it a 6 because of the airtime

Grizzly:4/10 My oh my! Like Hurler I can no longer keep my hands raised for the entire ride anymore. This ride got really worse, especially after the tunnel.

Dominator:10/10 My first floorless coaster. I loved it. We went mid way through the day and had a walk on. Before the park closed we got one last ride in the front at night and it was a great experience.

Other rides:

Log Flume: I've seen alot of people in the Best and Worst Log Flume thread say this is the worst one. I honestly enjoyed it. It may have not been getting you soaked but it was cool going trough the woods.

White Water Rapids:We got soaked. I loved it though. We got stopped at the gate where the water cannons were. And of course we got stuck right in front of one. Then a group of teenagers behind us were telling the operator in the tower to not shoot at them, our boat, and two other ones told him the soak them. He complied and we got a kick out of it.

Spongebob 3-D:If you want something to pop out at you, don't sit at the very end.

Triple Spin:Eh it was ok.

Water Works.: The new wave pool was nice, the Lazy River was relaxing until obnoxious kids were push random people out of the way. They had a strict waterslide policy. If you had metal buttons on your pants you had to roll them up till they were covered, and if it couldn't be covered you couldn't get on. With that said, my friend couldn't race me on the slide (Twisting slide that goes out to the lake under the Anaconda MCBR.)

Overall great day. Onto the pictures. BTW there might be a black blob in some of the pictures.

Stuck in traffic on the bridge.

I see you!

We're here

Hello Mr. Dominatore

Walking in to the park. Awesome to see Dominator in the background.

Sign? Check! Fountains? Check! Effiel Tower? Check, yeah we're here!

Dominator through the trees.

....I'll pass. I seriously couldn't go back up there.

I spy a togo death machine.

For some reason I like how Dominator is in front of the kids section.

Going over the lift hill.

In the loop.

The interlocking corkscrew.

Volcano. We skipped it on this trip.

Ah, our first credit of the day Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Lets ride Arrowconda.

It was really packed.

Drop Zone!

Shockwave. We didn't ride that either.

I love those rides.

Enjoying the view?

Told ya it was packed.

You suck Cedar Fair! I hate you!

Um I think something is missing here. I can't put my finger on it.

Me likey!

Going on the what was always forward side. (Used to be backwards side opened later)

I wasn't prepared for what I was going to experience.

They were only operating one train.

This was brutal too.

Hi PTC train!

Sure is popular

Haha! They're in for a beating! Oh wait I'm next!

Time to cool off.

Splash!

Flying turns!

Mr. Effiel Tower.

No more Paramount!

Great scenery

There were two cars infront of me (Son and mother) screwing around, bumping, stopping, and even getting out and kicking the cars, which eventually they got caught and got in a lot of trouble.

Hi Spongebob!

Did I mention it was packed?

Dominator through the midway!

Great view from this ride.

Anaconda again!

More to come!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part two!

We decided to ride a flat for a change.

Ugh! If I hate this ride so much why am I still taking pictures?

Water Works.

Anaconda through Rebel Yell!

Sidewinder!

Lazy River!

I love this ride!

Crypt and Volcano!

Volcano through the trees.

Icee Mixes rock!

Fountains.

Who knew such a terrible ride could look so awesome at night.

Drop Zone at night!

Effiel Tower at night.

Rebel Yell.

Still it's missing.

What a crowd.

Rebel Yell!

Shockwave.

Artsy.

Got a few last rides on this!

Anaconda's lift.

I like this shot!

BLSC!

And one more ride on Dominator!

Leaving KD makes me sad

I leave you my favorite picture to end this TR

Thanks for reading

Ugh, who likes Anaconda?

Anyway, nice TR!! I would've gone yesterday, but I was sick.

I don't think anybody but me and my friends because we sat in the same seat without getting up riding it five times in a row.

Great Pics! Did you get on Flight of Fear or my 100th coaster Volcano?
Unfortanatly I didn't get to ride both.

Nice trip report. Man the park was really dead practically no one there.
Thanks. And yeah the park was pretty dead. I mean I even got a walk on, on Dominator. But I'm not complaining

Nice trip report. I'm liking those lights on Dominator's catwalk.
Thank you. I also liked the lights too. Dominator at night in the front seat is awesome!

Great TR,hopefully the park won't be busy when I visit on the 26th & I never expected Dominator to be that well light up at night.
Thanks. Dominator looks great at night.

So what is that Nick flyer ride and can you whip?

The Nick Flyer spins around and you have a lever which turns the wings inward and outward.

I have a couple of questions.

1. When did you go to the park that is was so dead? Because I would love to visit it on a day like that!

2. I wonder why Shockwave is still there? People still ride it? Will it be removed for the new rumored hyper coaster coming? Is it 2009 or 2010?

Strange that is was so dead at the park, since I heard not to long ago, this was KD's best season ever for attendance, and they even had to turn people away at the gates. Did I read that here?

1. When did you go to the park that is was so dead? Because I would love to visit it on a day like that!

2. I wonder why Shockwave is still there? People still ride it? Will it be removed for the new rumored hyper coaster coming? Is it 2009 or 2010?

Strange that is was so dead at the park, since I heard not to long ago, this was KD's best season ever for attendance, and they even had to turn people away at the gates. Did I read that here?

I guess the attendance boost was only temporary,I sure hope the park isn't crowded on my trip next weekend.

As for Shockwave,I don't think the rumored 2010 hyper would go anywhere near it & instead would probably run behind waterworks on the other side of Rebel yell....of course who's to say the hyper's confirmed? We still have to get through the rest of 08 & most of 09 before we'll see any definitive proof.

1. We went on Wensday. We arrived about 11 which is about 30 minutes after it opened.

2.Shockwave does still seem to be very popular. I'm unsure about the it being removed for a Hypercoaster.