TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HK Disneyland's Haunted Hotel

Hello everyone!

I recently stumbled across an article about a type of "Haunted Mansion" attraction at the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.

Here is the article with the pictures and promotional video:

The other new element for Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween was in fact totally unique to the park. I mean, it was something that had never been built before by WDI Imagineers in any Disney theme park: the Main Street Haunted Hotel. Although you can see on the publicity shot above Jack Skellington, no characters of Nightmare before Christmas were involved in the Haunted hotel.

Also, and quite surprising for a Magic Kingdom attraction was the "macabre" theming of this Haunted Hotel - look at the pictures below to see what i mean!

The synopsis in the press release was pretty clear about the mood: "As the edgiest walk-through Haunted Hotel experience ever presented by a Disney theme park, living haunts and specters will appear around ever corner of this hotel. A Hollywood class production team created this thrilling attraction filled with eye-opening scene settings, audio and theatrical effects and spooky show direction. With multiple heart pounding scenarios, Guests will creep fearfully through this once graceful and elegant hotel that has not seen the light of day for a century!"

HKD made a promotional video for this new attraction:

Looks rather good! Not quite as good as the original Haunted Mansion of course, but scary nonetheless! Does anyone know more about this attraction? Or for those who have visited HKD during the Halloween season, how is it like?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic